Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Node citizenship supersedes everything, including guild and family.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As if people typically agree with the Noaani perspective.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dygz wrote: »
    As if people typically agree with the Noaani perspective.

More than agree with yours.

Still playing Wizard101?
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    LOL. You two are awesome. I really think its a love/hate relationship, not just hate.
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's entertaining if nothing else.
    k2U15J3.png
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    LOL. You two are awesome. I really think its a love/hate relationship, not just hate.

Nah, more like a hate/get warning kind of thing.
    edited January 2022
    Azryil wrote: »
    It's entertaining if nothing else.

I have stated a few times that entertainment (of me and others) is one of my primary reasons for posting here.

I still maintain that I have provided Ashes player base with more entertainment than Steven has - at least for now.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    I still maintain that I have provided Ashes player base with more entertainment than Steven has - at least for now.

If I focused solely on the Livestream time allocated to selling cosmetics and off-topic waffle then I would wholeheartedly agree with you, but considering that this forum wouldn't exist without Steven, I have to give him credit for paying the bills on this 'drop in center for players without a MMORPG home' (I visualize us community members living in a MMORPG cardboard box slum city alongside the building site that will be Verra!).

I appreciate everyone who has done at least a small amount of research and thinks before they post. I find the myriad of opinions expressed in different ways rich, colorful and entertaining.
    Forum_Signature.png
    edited January 2022
    Yep. I'm still playing Wiz101. And WoW. And NW. And a bit of BDO...
  • The Odd Couple :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I find it neither entertaining, and pretty toxic. But I guess it's a good reflection of their behavior in general. It's not really surprising that vinegar and baking soda have a violent reaction. Maybe if the community does enough work to put some paper mache around them it'll result in something more entertaining.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
    JustVine wrote: »
    I find it neither entertaining, and pretty toxic.

No, you just don't like being disagreed with, and consider any discussion from people who do disagree with you often to be toxic.
    edited January 2022
    I have plenty of reasoned disagreements with people here on a regular basis. Just off the top of my head Crowe, Atama, McMacMuck, JamesSunderland, Vhaeyne, Nerror, hell even George Black on a rare occasion. All people I have disagreements with on a regular basis, who I've managed to have plenty of constructive conversations with. I just don't like bullies. And when I feel someone on the forums is behaving like a bully, I tend to speak up.

I know you have a hard time realizing this since I'm often fighting with you. I wonder why that is...
    I know you have a hard time realizing this since I'm often fighting with you. I wonder why that is...
    Well, plenty of other people are taking my posts in the way they are intended.

If you aren't, I guess that's on you.
    Remind everyone why you repeatedly bring up Dygz playing Wiz101 again?
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Ok to get the thread back on track a little, here is a clip where they talk about this in relation to guild members and how nodewars affect things.

Watch from 58:15 to 1:00:27 to hear their thoughts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaNosCnctck&t=3495s

The short version is that it is all subject to testing, but the current model is to allow guild members who are at odds in a nodewar to still party together, even though they are still flagged for war against each other in those parties. I assume from how Steven said it that means they can kill each other while in the party. We'll see how that holds up in testing I guess.

Community protection.
    Protection from what. An adult who plays a children's card game? You know, like every adult yugioh and pokemon tcg enthusiast?
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't see anything wrong with playing Wiz101. It's not my thing but if you find it fun, play it.

Hhak63P.png
    Protection from what. An adult who plays a children's card game? You know, like every adult yugioh and pokemon tcg enthusiast?
    I assume you know we are not talking about a trading card game here.

if you would send your kids alone to a Disney movie while there is a guy in a trench coat sitting in the back row, I'm not judging. All I am doing is pointing out the guy.
    Sounds like I'm taking your posts exactly as intended then. Have a good day mate.
    Sounds like I'm taking your posts exactly as intended then. Have a good day mate.

If this is indeed true, it says more about you than me, to be honest.
  • McMackMuckMcMackMuck Member
    edited January 2022
    @nerror Thanks for bringing the post back on topic!
    I sometimes think we should have a discussion for "There's someone on the forum that I want to have a dig at" but we all know that that discussion would be permanently just below the Intrepid posts at the top of the discussion list!
    Forum_Signature.png
    edited January 2022
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    I sometimes think we should have a discussion for "There's someone on the forum that I want to have a dig at" but we all know that that discussion would be permanently just below the Intrepid posts at the top of the discussion list!
    I try to spread it around all the threads!

It's a balance thing.
    Nerror wrote: »
    Watch from 58:15 to 1:00:27
    You get points for including the discussion after answering the question here.

All too often, a question gets asked then answered, and this information gets put on the wiki. But after answering the question, Steven - due to just who he is and how excited he is about various aspects of the game - goes in to more detail on the intent or the design of the system.

I don't see any one size fits all solution to get out of the situation they were talking about there, honestly.
    Just a reminder that Wiz101 is a family game.
    There are plenty of adults playing with their kids, nieces, nephews and grandkids, etc.
    Let's keep in mind that Steven, age seven, was playing MMORPGS with adults.
    One of the great features of Wiz101 is parental controls.
    And it's a great playground to teach cooperation, sharing, helping others, the benefits of "chores", the rudiments of gardening and pet care, in addition to competitive gameplay.
    Anyways...
    The video clip that Nerror shared reminds of an aspect of Ashes gameplay that I'd never experienced before Alpha One. Kind of experienced a bit during APOC, but not to the same degree as Alpha One...
    And that is happily rooting for known "enemies" to win.

During Castle Sieges, finding myself on the same team as Nerror -or anyone else I know from the forums/podcasts- increased the fun. Finding myself on the opposite team as Nerror didn't diminish that fun even if Nerror's team was winning. If I'm gonna lose, at least a pal I know is gonna win.

When it comes to guildies...
    My expectation is that guilds will have a mix of races.
    It may be that the guild wants to knock out a Scientific Metro to remove the Metro perk (Fast Travel) from that region. So, the guild initiates a Siege to destroy that Node. But, if the guild fails, the guildie who is a citizen of that Node still retains the perks they get from being the same race as the one controlling that Metro. Might be that the guildie routinely uses racial augments that are only available when their race governs a Scientific Metro.
    So that, even though, the guild lost the war, the guild still gains some benefits from having a guildie from that rival Metro.

A meta-guild may also want to consider which Crafting items are only available from specific Nodes. There may be times when those crafting items trump other goals and there may be times when the meta-guild believes it's better to sacrifice that Node. That doesn't mean that individual guildies who are citizens of that Node will agree. At that point, we will have to see how guild affiliations are maintained or broken.
    Dygz wrote: »
    Just a reminder that Wiz101 is a family game.
    There are plenty of adults playing with their kids, nieces, nephews and grandkids, etc.
    Let's keep in mind that Steven, age seven, was playing MMORPGS with adults.
    One of the great features of Wiz101 is parental controls.
    And it's a great playground to teach cooperation, sharing, helping others, the benefits of "chores", the rudiments of gardening and pet care, in addition to competitive gameplay.

There are also chat restrictions built into the game so that accounts for underage children have limits to chat. If there are creepers preying on kids, it's a pretty bad place for them to do it.

Hhak63P.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »

Community protection.

Though I disagree with nearly everything Dygz says, I don't think bringing up that he plays a child centric game is really relevant or necessary in the context of AoC discussions.
    k2U15J3.png
  • This node vs guild thing is gonna be somewhat difficult for people who don't want to join a guild or a node until they have experienced game play for awhile and are then comfortable making a decision. But by then they may have made some progress in an area node and losing whatever the benefits are to travel across the map to join a guilds' node is going to feel like a penalty for waiting to decide, atleast it seems it could be.
    Caww wrote: »
    This node vs guild thing is gonna be somewhat difficult for people who don't want to join a guild or a node until they have experienced game play for awhile and are then comfortable making a decision. But by then they may have made some progress in an area node and losing whatever the benefits are to travel across the map to join a guilds' node is going to feel like a penalty for waiting to decide, atleast it seems it could be.

My assumption is that until/unless you gain citizenship in a node, you won't feel too committed to anything, and moving to a different node won't be a big deal. That's just a guess though. You don't gain things like titles, or Repuation/Honor/Loyalty/Merit until you are a citizen. So, I don't think you lose much by moving to another node.

Hhak63P.png