Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World/Global Chat System

124»

Comments

• Options
    Voeltz wrote: »
    It's a no from me dawg. Global chat is for 10 year olds arguing and spammers. Global chat would contradict intended game design of localized economies, node/social systems and organizations. Same reason why there's no teleporting to the other side of the world instantly, group finder or global auction house. They're trying to get people to socialize/interact with one another and the world in a Massively Multiplayer game. I know, crazy right?

They're trying to limit players from sweeping through the map like a swarm of locusts anytime there's something of interest, like a War, Node Siege or World Boss spawn. They don't want people broadcasting to the world anytime there's something important going on and having the whole Server show up, that completely ruins the game.

If you want to do something like that you're going to have to work a little bit for it. Create a guild of snitches, make friends with players from different regions you can communicate with. There are still plenty of other chat channels you can use that are better overall (local, whisper, shout, node/region, guild, alliance). As many have said, there will also be player made Discords dedicated to their Server, but will not be nearly as far reaching as a Global Chat would be.

Imagine talking about socializing while stopping people from socializing and forcing them to use discord lmao.

All of this is invalid because discord exist. discord servers wil broadcast everything, you will be using the same very discord server.

I honestly feel some of you guys have not played modern mmorpgs.....This is 2023, not 2001.
  • Options
    PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited July 2023
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    On top of that you limit how often people can speak based on the chat they are using. Could be once a minute, could be once every 3 minutes. Whatever makes sense and works. Limiting chat increases the value of how people use it, and can prevent constant back and forth discussion happening globally.

1 minute is awfully long for a timeout. But I agree, even like 15 seconds derails a lot of the spammers enough they get sidetracked and go somewhere else or something, idk lol. One of the absolute most useful and important tools for a large chat channel.

It also makes conversation more civil IME as it gives a moment for someone to think before they speak. And time for others to reply.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    On top of that you limit how often people can speak based on the chat they are using. Could be once a minute, could be once every 3 minutes. Whatever makes sense and works. Limiting chat increases the value of how people use it, and can prevent constant back and forth discussion happening globally.

1 minute is awfully long for a timeout. But I agree, even like 15 seconds derails a lot of the spammers enough they get sidetracked and go somewhere else or something, idk lol. One of the absolute most useful and important tools for a large chat channel.

It also makes conversation more civil IME as it gives a moment for someone to think before they speak. And time for others to reply.

IT have to be something that is tested out, but I'm not thinking on what I would want personally. Just saying it in such a way that could address some peoples concerns + based on the amount of people on the game.