Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Give me RP servers or give me death. Or no global chat to combat spam.

Comments

• Options
    Hatham wrote: »
    Sorry Op but they aint going to give any specialized servers.

Any system not represented within a game will be emulated by the players - so long as there is a desire, for it.

• Options
    But.... Without a world-wide general chat, how will I know that I can get X amount of Gold for only $0.0883/million from crappywebsitename.com? Or that I could be earning $24+/hour working from home selling X, as my own boss?

You just ban the character and the account, if people are actively doing it it means the company can make $$ per ban.
  • Options
    Well the only serious solution is to have global chat access sold in the cash shop.
  • Options
    @Mag7spy Aren't you the OP of a forum for a full loot PvP server?? A mud you're slinging here makes you a bit of a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Volgaris wrote: »
    @Mag7spy Aren't you the OP of a forum for a full loot PvP server?? A mud you're slinging here makes you a bit of a hypocrite.

Guessing you didn't actually read the post doesn't surprise me. If you want to be anti social there are plenty single player games out there.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

Guessing you didn't actually read the post doesn't surprise me. If you want to be anti social there are plenty single player games out there.

think i commented on it. something about it probably being about as popular as mortal online. got anymore toxic baggage you need to unload this week on the internet, you know i'm always here with free hugs for you.
  • Options

think i commented on it. something about it probably being about as popular as mortal online. got anymore toxic baggage you need to unload this week on the internet, you know i'm always here with free hugs for you.

Commenting and reading a post are two different things. Guessing you only read a title of a post and not the contents of the actual thread not realizing that title was a question.

Doesn't surprise me you had a mod change your post title with how you are.
  • Options
    If you don't want to see global chat turn it off it doesn't effect you for people that need it.
  • Options
    If you don't want to see global chat turn it off it doesn't effect you for people that need it.

You are a mean and toxic person. You're snide comments are met to attack and harm. Either you do this knowingly or unknowingly, either way I hope you're okay and that your life is going well. I really have no desire to have more interaction with you.
  • Options

Lmao, talk about a hypocrite. Also wanting to force your own anti social thoughts on other people when you can simply hide goal chat.

Refuses to read the post and makes own assumptions about the same post trying to put words in someone else's mouth.
  • Options
    ...and this back and forth is why the vast majority of us do not want global chat.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options

Lmao, talk about a hypocrite. Also wanting to force your own anti social thoughts on other people when you can simply hide goal chat.

Refuses to read the post and makes own assumptions about the same post trying to put words in someone else's mouth.

At this point is should painfully obvious that you and I don't value the same things in a game or life probably. There's no need for us to discuss anything else, it'll prove nothing. Please leave.
  • Options
    wait me see if this works ./ignore Mag7spy
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    ...and this back and forth is why the vast majority of us do not want global chat.

Then hide global chat?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022

Nah, you gotta go to Mag7spy's profile page by clicking their name. There is a 'person' icon next to your mail messages that has an arrow pointing downward next to it. Click the downward arrow and there is an ignore option.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options

At this point is should painfully obvious that you and I don't value the same things in a game or life probably. There's no need for us to discuss anything else, it'll prove nothing. Please leave.

You literarily are a troll poster.
  • Options

Then hide global chat?

You have it a little bassackwards, my friend. Global Chat doesn't exist in Ashes. I don't need to hide what doesn't exist. The onus is on you to prove why it needs to exist. You're giving evidence to the other side of the court right now.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »

Nah, you gotta go to Mag7spy's profile page by clicking their name. There is a 'person' icon next to your mail messages that has an arrow pointing downward next to it. Click the downward arrow and there is an ignore option.

Thanks! I didn't know they had this.
  • Options

Then hide global chat?

You have it a little bassackwards, my friend. Global Chat doesn't exist in Ashes. I don't need to hide what doesn't exist. The onus is on you to prove why it needs to exist. You're giving evidence to the other side of the court right now.

I've yet to see a quote of them saying there isn't going to be global chat in the game, also I've made my points earlier about it.
  • Options

Then hide global chat?

I've yet to see a quote of them saying there isn't going to be global chat in the game, also I've made my points earlier about it.

Well they’re typically spoken in video format so yeah, you probably wouldn’t “see” them say it, but it’s been confirmed multiple times Ashes isn’t going to have global chats because they want player’s chosen location to matter significantly.

There will be discords and other out-of-game aspects you can use if you really can’t do without
  • Options
    +1 Please no global chat. Global chats just turn into Spam, "git gud scrub", or people showing off their Epeen. Honestly there isn't necessarily anything wrong with those last 2, but when it's reaching it's intended person and maybe those within earshot. Fine... but when people on the other side of the world is hearing some idiot call someone else a scrub lord... they don't give 2 sheeets about what is going on.
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »

Then hide global chat?

Well they’re typically spoken in video format so yeah, you probably wouldn’t “see” them say it, but it’s been confirmed multiple times Ashes isn’t going to have global chats because they want player’s chosen location to matter significantly.

There will be discords and other out-of-game aspects you can use if you really can’t do without

Well i guess we will see what happens closer to release but i guess discords it is lmao.
  • Options
    No global chat would actually be a cool dynamic for the game. Also, maybe to unlock a region chat you must first be a part of a metropolis ZOI, establishing a "region"?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited September 2022
    Dolyem wrote: »
    No global chat would actually be a cool dynamic for the game. Also, maybe to unlock a region chat you must first be a part of a metropolis ZOI, establishing a "region"?

How? It just forces people to spend more time on discord to chat and away from the game.

Hundreds of discord message are going to get annoying id rather have that in game.
  • Options

How? It just forces people to spend more time on discord to chat and away from the game.

Hundreds of discord message are going to get annoying id rather have that in game.

Not really. Discord is going to be used regardless, usually for guilds and already established friendships. But to talk to and interact with other players you dont know, you will have to resort to the provided chats.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options

Not really. Discord is going to be used regardless, usually for guilds and already established friendships. But to talk to and interact with other players you dont know, you will have to resort to the provided chats.

There are discord servers for different servers in game people create and have people join in them. I had that in new world and everyone joined it, though it wasn't used as much for communication unless the person was not online in game chat.

Without ways to communicate on a larger scale discords will be far more important and you will simply have giant discords with a ton of people on them. Honestly I'd most likely create one myself if there are no global chats.

This isn't the 2000's times have changed there is no strong reason to not have global chats and channels per area. To not have them only makes it not as easily group up together and form guilds. So rather than in game people will use discords to form guilds and recruit members.
  • Options
    I still think selling global chat in the cash shop would solve this issue. 1 dollar for 120 characters. Then when someone is talking in global you know it's important, or you know who's got money to burn.

A region chat would be great. Or a Node's Zone Of Influence chat. Castle Region Chat. There's really so many options.
  • Options
    Ya no, this is the same as your other post trying to get people to spend money on stupid convenience nonsense like paying to not see cosmetics. Simply turn it off for yourself and simply be less social it isn't hard and has 0 effect on you. Stop trying to force you way of thinking on others when they need to be able to communicate.

When it comes to communication it should be up to the player how much they want to or how little if they want to go full anti social. Players should have control on channels they are apart and customize it to their preference and can turn off global chat for themselves.
  • Options
    I still think selling global chat in the cash shop would solve this issue. 1 dollar for 120 characters. Then when someone is talking in global you know it's important, or you know who's got money to burn.

A region chat would be great. Or a Node's Zone Of Influence chat. Castle Region Chat. There's really so many options.

No
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options

There are discord servers for different servers in game people create and have people join in them. I had that in new world and everyone joined it, though it wasn't used as much for communication unless the person was not online in game chat.

Without ways to communicate on a larger scale discords will be far more important and you will simply have giant discords with a ton of people on them. Honestly I'd most likely create one myself if there are no global chats.

This isn't the 2000's times have changed there is no strong reason to not have global chats and channels per area. To not have them only makes it not as easily group up together and form guilds. So rather than in game people will use discords to form guilds and recruit members.

Honestly those will happen regardless of having a global chat or not. I didn't even know they were planning on possibly not having a global chat and I have been building a few discords for this very reason.
    GJjUGHx.gif