Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Game Graphic

AtashAtash Member
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Hello,
will the game graphic be better at launch or it will be the same as we see on your preview vods? if this game graphic is not as good as for example new world or hogwarts legacy it will be a big disappointment for most of us include me since we are in 2023 and we spend money on our pcs to exprince the games with high graphic and get a better look, no deny this game and what you made is amazing and look promising But i just want to know how much better graphic will be compared to what we see in recent vods and how much better the world will look like?
Please answer.

thanks

Comments

• AtashAtash Member
    edited January 12
    will the graphic be enhaned in new release for tresting stage of the game? and can you please tell us how good is graphic going to be ? will it be able to reach the nowadays graphic level like new world or new games like hogwarts legacy ? for me if im being honest i love the game so far when i watch the new updates stream but the only down side for me is the graphic its just doesnt look good enough to minipluate me to buy the game
  • VyrilVyril Member
    Atash wrote: »
    will the graphic be enhaned in new release for tresting stage of the game? and can you please tell us how good is graphic going to be ? will it be able to reach the nowadays graphic level like new world or new games like hogwarts legacy ? for me if im being honest i love the game so far when i watch the new updates stream but the only down side for me is the graphic its just doesnt look good enough to minipluate me to buy the game

This is a silly post and it's why nobody has responded.

I'll do it anyway. This game may never satisfy you graphically.

So, wait til release and then make the decision. It will only cost a subscription fee.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    People that say they would enjoy the gameplay of a game but won't play it because of graphics really just don't make any sense to me.

Ashes graphics as they stand now are just fine.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Also, like, 95% chance that graphics will go down in quality, cause optimizing crazy visuals for huge battles is a much bigger pain than just slightly decreasing the visual quality. I'm sure Intrepid has great people who can optimize the game real well, but I don't remember the last time a game came out looking better than its previews (while still playing perfectly).
  • AtashAtash Member
    Vyril wrote: »

So, wait til release and then make the decision. It will only cost a subscription fee.

i posted it a few hours ago and its sad to see ppl like You, you cant say that just bec u love the game so much or whatever it wasnt just made for ur taste to like it as it is with this low graphic.
  • Atash wrote: »
    Hello,
    will the game graphic be better at launch or it will be the same as we see on your preview vods? if this game graphic is not as good as for example new world or hogwarts legacy it will be a big disappointment for most of us include me since we are in 2023 and we spend money on our pcs to exprince the games with high graphic and get a better look, no deny this game and what you made is amazing and look promising But i just want to know how much better graphic will be compared to what we see in recent vods and how much better the world will look like?
    Please answer.

thanks

Game is in alpha, it is a work in progress. That is how alpha tend to be textures, lighting, shaders, etc are made but not in polish phase.

This is pretty much development before Beta, early access, etc.

You also need to keep in mind what the game is going for with a large seamless open world with large fights. If you are new to mmorpgs you should not expect like a God of war, The last of us, kind of element as those are single player games.

Mmorpgs have a ton of players on all at the same time so resources need to be shared so it plays well.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    i posted it a few hours ago
    You posted it on April 29th last year.
  • Game is made in Unreal Engine 5, its gonna be pretty. Its still in development and i have no doubt it will improve.

No it not gonna be on the level of single player games like Hogwards legacy.
    The game use different engine than New World so its hard to say how close graphically will the game be at release.

This game going for big open world with big battles. Potentially up to 500 vs 500 players. Graphics will have to be sacrificed in order to achiev this.

If graphics are so important to you, sadly this MMO might not be for you, but wait until its closer to release to decide if it looks good enough. For a lot of us, we would rather play game that looks like its from 2000, but have amazing gameplay, than another game that looks pretty, but have no substance, so not many people takes this questions seriously.
  • @Atash

To be honest, it all comes down to the art style and texture quality which I am assuming you mean by graphics since graphics is such a broad term misused to describe things quite often. Probably not going to see too much more of an improvement from what you have seen in the trailers and monthly update video's.

IIRC steven usually has the graphical settings turned up unless specified otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5TdchKYJQ
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That was A1 footage that was UE4. This is the latest launcher trailer. While your internet quality and stream may vary, if you watch it in the actual launcher it is mind blowing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teu3kQKAnDE
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • VyrilVyril Member
    Vyril wrote: »

i posted it a few hours ago and its sad to see ppl like You, you cant say that just bec u love the game so much or whatever it wasnt just made for ur taste to like it as it is with this low graphic.

I didn't say anything unreasonable. Plenty of other people have posted other points that reflect the same sentiment.

Graphics are subjective and not indicative of a good game.
  • edited January 13
    @unknownsystemerror
    few things to consider which you brushed over:

- Uploaded video's are usually capped at 60 fps and usually based on the resolution it was uploaded/recorded at.
    - the actual recording from the internal engine is usually better but similar to final product.
    - then you get into PPI and resolution paired with hardware. (Fidelity and Resolution).
    - VFX and additional layers

It is safe to assume it wont look much better than that even with the best GPU on the highest setting as the GPU wont improve the textures considering how DLSS works from a high resolution sample. It's why DLSS/xeSS usually has to be partnered with the company for enabled feature at the cost of performance. GPU's generally improve the performance based on resolution. 1440p is the new 1080p. Statistically more pc gamers use 1440p than 1080p and the 4k margin is still quite minimal in comparison.

There wont be new xbox or PlayStation 6 consoles until 2028 which means there is going to be a plateau in games and performance for the next 4-5 years before 4k gaming becomes a practical standard in terms of performance and cost.

Which brings up the question... are mmorpg's going console in the next generation?
  • First MMO in a decade that doesnt look like a cartoon and you complain? Smh

But honestly, don't even know why people defend AoC as if it had bad graphics. I think it looks great in comparison to A1 which had lacking graphics, as alphas should.

Even in comparison to NW and Hogwarts, imo. Grey-scale Skyrim graphics does not equal best graphics. Also, holding any other MMO to the standard of NW's empty unfinished hurried mess is almost laughable.

The hard truth is that OP is a minority in the opinion that AoC got bad graphics. But hey, there's always Crysis. /laughs in millenial
  • If you want some absolute top tier graphics i recommend you to play some single player game :P

This is MMO, it will probably never reach level of details on graphic and model animation as some upcoming AAA UE5 single player games although it still look better from vids then anything there is out there on market atm and the world that they create is something never experienced in MMO before.
    "An ordinary archer practices until he gets ir right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong."
  • TricksterTrickster Member
    edited January 13
    I kinda agree that the graphics are not the best out there, but at the same time, the graphics are amazing... I hope with time they change some textures etc... Since they upgraded to Unreal 5 (they have already improved a lot compared to Alpha 1) but as gamers we always want more... :smile:

Meanwhile, there is Archeage 2 trailer that looks out of this world in graphics... We have to see if it's not just pre-generated or literally the game will have those insane graphics... If so even if I paid the 250$ pack I will switch my hype and focus to Archeage 2, which should ''come out'' this year as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXHgdsouYA
    Edit: Honestly if there is something I dislike about Ashes of creation it's the armor design... Interpret decided to go with medieval style while for me the game looks more ''fantasy style'' I think even some modded Skyrim armors look much better than the ones shown so far in the live streams (Even from old Tera)
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited January 13
    Trickster wrote: »
    I kinda agree that the graphics are not the best out there, but at the same time, the graphics are amazing... I hope with time they change some textures etc... Since they upgraded to Unreal 5 (they have already improved a lot compared to Alpha 1) but as gamers we always want more... :smile:

Meanwhile, there is Archeage 2 trailer that looks out of this world in graphics... We have to see if it's not just pre-generated or literally the game will have those insane graphics... If so even if I paid the 250$ pack I will switch my hype and focus to Archeage 2, which should ''come out'' this year as well
    Edit: Honestly if there is something I dislike about Ashes of creation it's the armor design... Interpret decided to go with medieval style while for me the game looks more ''fantasy style'' I think even some modded Skyrim armors look much better than the ones shown so far in the live streams (Even from old Tera)

Few issues 1. you are comparing an alpha to a game.

2. Please use gameplay if you are going to compare, why are you linking marketing footage??

*Edit Doing a bit of comparison you are saying tera looks better?
    05bmdm8g4z0f.png

g3jedk19ax23.png

Tera looks old unsure how you are suggesting that is better.
  • that feels like bdo with different skins lol, not a successor to aa
  • Always crazy when people come out the wood work and are saying a game with 2-3 years development time and mid alpha phase isn't living up the their standards of a finished game.

• Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited January 13
    Also on archage. Prediction more single player focused (akin to bdo) combat dumbed down and a lot more action focused leaning towards consoles over more complex combat that leans towards Pc.

Hype is always foe things far away and what is closest, though being ready to write something off so quickly on your hype list is questionable in itself.

I'm interested in Archage, though my hype is 0 since there is 0 information on a game, and thinking it is going to release this year just because a trailer said so is find of funny if you look at games the past few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7unljUt3U
  • Mag7spy wrote: »
    Also on archage. Prediction more single player focused (akin to bdo) combat dumbed down and a lot more action focused leaning towards consoles over more complex combat that leans towards Pc.

Hype is always foe things far away and what is closest, though being ready to write something off so quickly on your hype list is questionable in itself.

I'm interested in Archage, though my hype is 0 since there is 0 information on a game, and thinking it is going to release this year just because a trailer said so is find of funny if you look at games the past few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7unljUt3U

watched the first min. he missed the point I think, when he said there wont be a faction pvp system. regardless of the game being a solo mmorpg or not, non faction, guild base pvp means you can attack everyone, not just the enemy faction, aka more pvp, not less pvp, especially when people start joining the bigger, winning side to avoid pvp xD
  • AtashAtash Member
    edited January 13
    You all need to chill i just asked this question to see what devs say but i do wish for a better graphic so things would look better it was just a question so we all can get a confirmation about the future of visual and graphics in this game i didnt say or excpect that game in phasing test look so damn good and i gen want this game to be the next biggest mmo that we all can enjoy cuz no mmo has been this promising
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 13

Posts like these just make me shake my head. Did you only look at twitch vods? Yeah things look pretty bad in those due to low bitrate and compression. But even if you check the 4K footage on Youtube, it still looks worse than it does when you're actually in the game playing.

Even Alpha 1 of Ashes was close to New World and Hogwarts Legacy in graphics fidelity once you were in the game. It was a beautiful game in UE4, especially if you zoomed in a little so you could actually see all the detail. With UE5, unless the devs really mess up, it'll surpass both those games.

You might not like the art-style and such, but that is a different topic. That is completely subjective. It also has little to do with how good the graphics are. If you don't like the art-style it doesn't matter how good the graphics fidelity is.

edited January 14
    Mag7spy wrote: »

2. Please use gameplay if you are going to compare, why are you linking marketing footage??

05bmdm8g4z0f.png

g3jedk19ax23.png

1st there isn't a game yet to compare on both sides, I compared to a trailer of a ''game'' that not even alpha 1 was released yet from that game

2nd There isn't gameplay to besides what is in the trailer, which shortly shows some gameplay that looks better than Ashes so far so how am I supposed to provide something that doesn't exist? lmao
    Did you even read what I said? the line ''We have to see if it's not just pre-generated or literally the game will have those insane graphics''

3rd Yep I still think it's better, not in texture quality but on design, but OBVIOUSLY I didn't say that armor specifically, the one you choose yourself to compare, but still yep, better design, worse quality textures

There isn't even an alpha, to begin with, everything could be subject to changes since they are building the game for the Western public, and also I played Archeage since it's Korean close beta 4, it's a game I've played over years and even ashes wouldn't exist if wasn't for Archeage since it's a game based on it... Anyway you said yourself, 0 information about the game whatsoever, my hype again was on the gameplay shown in the trailer and due to Archeage being the best MMO I ever played in my opinion (which the list goes to more than 30)
  • Trickster wrote: »

05bmdm8g4z0f.png

g3jedk19ax23.png

1st there isn't a game yet to compare on both sides, I compared to a trailer of a ''game'' that not even alpha 1 was released yet from that game

2nd There isn't gameplay to compare besides what is in the trailer, which shortly shows some gameplay that looks better than Ashes so far so how am I supposed to provide something that doesn't exist? lmao
    Did you even read what I said? the line ''We have to see if it's not just pre-generated or literally the game will have those insane graphics''

3rd Yep I still think it's better, not in texture quality but on design, but OBVIOUSLY I didn't say that armor specifically, the one you choose yourself to compare, but still yep, better design, bad quality textures

Market trailer is not an exact indication how combat will be or play. you are filling in blanks and assuming a lot.

It doesn't look good to me so its subjective at that point. Even more so you are trying to say the style is why it is better which makes 0 sense since you were talking about graphics earlier. You got called out and double downed imo.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The game will be horribly optimised because it is ue5. The game will also have the ue5 'look' because all ue5 games look the same. It's why some people call the game 'generic'. Also, a lot of the textures are still from ue4 because the final cuts have not been made. Furthermore, graphics can be updated at a later date like BDO.

We might get fsr or dlss but these technologies also reduce graphical fidelity - upscaling will never be as good as pure native rasterisation. We should have better graphics overall because the game is windows only right now, thus, consoles are not forcing a graphical downgrade.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    edited January 14

05bmdm8g4z0f.png

g3jedk19ax23.png

2nd There isn't gameplay to compare besides what is in the trailer, which shortly shows some gameplay that looks better than Ashes so far so how am I supposed to provide something that doesn't exist? lmao

3rd Yep I still think it's better, not in texture quality but on design, but OBVIOUSLY I didn't say that armor specifically, the one you choose yourself to compare, but still yep, better design, bad quality textures

Market trailer is not an exact indication how combat will be or play. you are filling in blanks and assuming a lot.

It doesn't look good to me so it's subjective at that point. Even more so you are trying to say the style is why it is better which makes 0 sense since you were talking about graphics earlier. You got called out and double downed imo.

I ONLY MENTIONED the trailer of a different game and said that IF THE GAME HAD THE SAME GRAPHICS OF THE TRAILER I would change my hype towards that game instead Ashes of creation because it's based on my favorite game, I don't get why you got so butt hurt by me saying I'm hyped by a trailer and I got to see if the trailer would be real or not, so I never made any assumptions that the gameplay shown in the trailer was real

And about the armor stuff I wrote it down as an ''Edit'' in the last thing I wish to complement is that I dislike the armor designs of the game I didn't write together in the same paragraph that I was saying about the graphics in all, but obviously, design/graphics are on the same page, but I guess you are unable to comprehend since it makes ''0 sense''

Anyway It's not just me but many YouTube channels pointed out that Ashes lacks some ''its own art design'' and looks too generic sometimes, but I guess no one is allowed to have different opinions on graphics or anything else besides you, otherwise it's questionable lmao

Edit: I highlighted some stuff so maybe you will manage this time to understand simple English
  • Trickster wrote: »

05bmdm8g4z0f.png

g3jedk19ax23.png

It doesn't look good to me so it's subjective at that point. Even more so you are trying to say the style is why it is better which makes 0 sense since you were talking about graphics earlier. You got called out and double downed imo.

I ONLY MENTIONED the trailer of a different game and said that IF THE GAME HAD THE SAME GRAPHICS OF THE TRAILER I would change my hype towards that game instead Ashes of creation because it's based on my favorite game, I don't get why you got so butt hurt by me saying I'm hyped by a trailer and I got to see if the trailer would be real or not, so I never made any assumptions that the gameplay shown in the trailer was real

And about the armor stuff I wrote it down as an ''Edit'' in the last thing I wish to complement is that I dislike the armor designs of the game I didn't write together in the same paragraph that I was saying about the graphics in all, but obviously, design/graphics are on the same page, but I guess you are unable to comprehend since it makes ''0 sense''

Anyway It's not just me but many YouTube channels pointed out that Ashes lacks some ''its own art design'' and looks too generic sometimes, but I guess no one is allowed to have different opinions on graphics or anything else besides you, otherwise it's questionable lmao

Edit: I highlighted some stuff so maybe you will manage this time to understand simple English

ok you are from asmongold I'm good lol.
  • @Song_Warden considering that consoles have a more direct purpose compared to pc's, they can ideally perform just as well in most categories for MMORPG'S. If you can play ashes on a 30XX RTX with decent frame rate, you can probably play it on the current generation of consoles with decent frame rate. That said, with the next generation of consoles coming out in 2028, many developers could be ideally aiming for console launches as well for their MMORPG's. There are already several MMORPG'S and LITE-MMORPG'S on console now. Fun fact, with the right drivers, we've been able to connect keyboard and mice to them for years assuming players choose to use those peripherals. The biggest hurdle is the networking and servers which can be an easy fix in the next generation. Consoles are essentially pc's with a direct purpose opposed to pc's multi-purpose design.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have said that they have no current plans to develop for consoles. Just like they have no plans to develop for Linux users. Consoles require vetting of patches uploaded and have other issues that bottleneck getting updates out to users. Steam the same. I played ESO back in the day and remember the big push to get everyone to link to Steam. I refused. Sure enough a while later, their own launcher people could get into the game and play, while Steam had some issue that locked people out for more than a week. Intrepid knows what they have the resources for to get the game out. Don't be thinking you are going to get something more.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • @unknownsystemerror never said they were currently planning to go to console. Just pointing out that consoles can run and have been currently able to run MMORPG'S based on tech specs. Who knows what Intrepid plans in 4 years. No new xbox or ps6 until 2028. Most games are developed around a standardisation in terms of performance for sales which implies the standard for the next four years is basically what we see now.