Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Imposed PvP and ganking

Comments

• Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Forum discussions... forum discussions never change.

read that with a David Hayter voice over in my head lol
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Its the same people trying to inflame the situation. I personally don't like the corruption system at all but I accept it, yet, the opposite side want to smother with the corruption system and claim I have no right to pvp when I want and where I want in an owpvp game.
    It's just funny to me that every few weeks (if not days) the same people talk to the same people in the same way, using the same words.

I'm just waiting for someone to go and kill us all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_RAkE7bUY
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Its the same people trying to inflame the situation. I personally don't like the corruption system at all but I accept it, yet, the opposite side want to smother with the corruption system and claim I have no right to pvp when I want and where I want in an owpvp game.
    It's just funny to me that every few weeks (if not days) the same people talk to the same people in the same way, using the same words.

I'm just waiting for someone to go and kill us all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_RAkE7bUY

The problem I have is the experience in L2. The griefers rule the servers. The griefers lock down the open dungeons. If its not the griefers, its the RMTers who are even more dirty. The punishments are lacklustre and the ability to train mobs in dungeons still exists. On top of that there's no corruption gauge which would turn a player corrupt just for peppering a player and not killing the player. Therefore, the system is really bad for what Dygz expects and I feel Dygz did not play L2. To state the corruption system stops forced PvP is a gross misjudgement. Its the PvP Guilds who have to mop up the issues inside these locations - the nodes mean we will be forced to, whilst the pve players wait for us to retake these areas without any care in the world. Either that, or the pve players rage quit and never return.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    Were I not too lazy I would've started a counter on how many times we're discussion the same damn topics over and over and over and over and over again. Forum discussions... forum discussions never change.

Forums offer very little little in value at this point.
  • Options
    Were I not too lazy I would've started a counter on how many times we're discussion the same damn topics over and over and over and over and over again. Forum discussions... forum discussions never change.

It's like grinding... :smile:
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    The very reason why I'm here every day B)
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    The very reason why I'm here every day B)

got to get those forum accolades :smile:
  • Options
    Gots to grind them achievements B)
    8mungqxwhcqp.png
  • Options
    8mungqxwhcqp.png

lol the real addiction and modus
  • Options
    @Azherae
    Oh man, an Impel Down equivalent would fit Ashes so incredibly well.

Deeper floor PvP zones, you get there by making certain choices like 'trying to escape to the Open Seas when red', no real rewards, 'equalized' gear...

If there was ever gonna be a way to 'section off the PvPonlykthx focused players', that would be it.

That sounds awesome, would make for an interesting thread topic
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2023
    If the devs didn't want forced pvp the devs would've added a pvp toggle. Not corruption. Forced pvp is a viable tactic to stop other players from griefing. Corruption is there to stop pvp players from griefing. PvP players fighting for an area of farming or resource area is perfectly valid.
    Who said the devs did not want forced PVP?
    In Ashes, forced PvP is punished by Corruption. If the devs wanted to prevent forced PvP - they probably would have implemented a toggle.
    Corruption is not designed to prevent forced PvP. Rather, Corruption is designed to deter forced PvP via significant penalties. Except on the Open Seas. Corruption does not prevent PvP players from griefing.
    Prevent is not the exact same thing as deter.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    8mungqxwhcqp.png

I hate how true this is
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Ace1234 wrote: »
    @Azherae
    Oh man, an Impel Down equivalent would fit Ashes so incredibly well.

Deeper floor PvP zones, you get there by making certain choices like 'trying to escape to the Open Seas when red', no real rewards, 'equalized' gear...

If there was ever gonna be a way to 'section off the PvPonlykthx focused players', that would be it.

That sounds awesome, would make for an interesting thread topic

Definitely. impel downs design is awesome and would be a great POI for the sea biome not only for PvP but for PvE as well :smile:
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The way I see it, a new pvp thread comes up every week.

That means theres lots of people doing forum pvp, so hypothetically, we can pvp just as much in the game when it ever comes out. Silver lining and all that.

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    If the devs didn't want forced pvp the devs would've added a pvp toggle. Not corruption. Forced pvp is a viable tactic to stop other players from griefing. Corruption is there to stop pvp players from griefing. PvP players fighting for an area of farming or resource area is perfectly valid.
    In Ashes, forced PvP is punished by Corruption. If the devs wanted to prevent forced PvP - they probably would have implemented a toggle.
    Corruption is not designed to prevent forced PvP. Rather, Corruption is designed to deter forced PvP via significant penalties. Except on the Open Seas. Corruption does not prevent PvP players from griefing.

Define forced pvp.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I just gotta ask these anti-pvp people something.

Why do you feel like you are forced to pvp? You bought the game, agreed to the ToS, and started playing. Its not like you get the game and dont understand what the worlds going to have in it when its this open with it's features. When you start to play one of these games, you gave consent to pvp because thats how the game works. Regardless of how terrible a death you get, you are signing up for this when you buy the game.

And here in ashes you even have the luxury of being completely immune to cc when you are not fighting back, the greatest non-pvp friendly mechanic of any game with a similar flagging system.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Define forced pvp.

(Shit people made up)
  • Options
    The monologue for inconveniences is “forced”.
  • Options
    Forced PvP doesn't exist on a PvP server. You sign up for the PvP when you make a toon.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Forced PvP doesn't exist on a PvP server. You sign up for the PvP when you make a toon.

We know that, they’re just inconvenienced the moment their special selves are interrupted.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

We know that

I'm just amazed that the ideation has been labelled 'toxic' by others elsewhere. Some people are too soft.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

We know that

I'm just amazed that the ideation has been labelled 'toxic' by others elsewhere. Some people are too soft.

Doesn’t fit the script in their head. Any deviation from it is a blaspheme.
  • Options
    GrappLrGrappLr Member, Alpha One
    NoxVost wrote: »
    The flagging system

Sure I know about flagging system, and it won't work as described in Wiki.

First of all, if I do not react on assault (== not flagging myself) I have larger chance to drop items from inventory

Second, and most important - the level of "redness" is some kind of honor level for such PvPers - the more red they are, the better.

No offense, but you obviously don't. If you knew about the system, you would know that first of all, the more red, the worse your combat stats get, to the point where you are a level 1 in combat. Secondly, getting enough corruption means you drop main gear. Third of all, there's the bounty hunter class that can see where red people are on the world, so they can't "hide".
  • Options
    Define forced pvp.
    Killing Non-Combatants.

• Options
    Define forced pvp.
    Killing Non-Combatants.

You become a combatant once combat ensues. You're not a civilian in the game. You sign up when you make a toon. PvX Gameplay - PvP and PvE Combined. You're not helpless and weaponless. You are on a capable toon. Same applies in PvE when a mob attacks you - You become a combatant.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I just gotta ask these anti-pvp people something.
    I am not anti-PvP. I enjoy PvP sometimes.
    But, I want other players to be able to decide that I must engage in PvP.
    Just as I don't want other players to be able to decide that I must Gather flowers.
    Just as other players should not be able to run trains to aggro mobs on me.

Why do you feel like you are forced to pvp? You bought the game, agreed to the ToS, and started playing. Its not like you get the game and dont understand what the worlds going to have in it when its this open with it's features. When you start to play one of these games, you gave consent to pvp because thats how the game works. Regardless of how terrible a death you get, you are signing up for this when you buy the game.
    I play RPGs for player co-op; not for player competition. Especially because in the 40+ years I've played D&D, I've only encountered PvP twice.
    I play MMORPGs to be able to play along (cooperatively) with a bunch of other players at any moment I have time and I'm in the mood to play. Rather than needing to coordinate time with a handful of adults who likely have conflicting schedules.
    Sometimes, I like to do town defense PvP or Capture The Flag for 30 minutes or so. And then I want to go back to hours of gameplay with no PvP. I need to be able to choose that based on my mood, rather than the whims of other players.
    I traditionally start MMORPGs on PvP-Optional servers and then move to PvP-Only servers.
    I prefer the instanced PvP in Neverwinter Online.
    The Ashes solution is to punish non-consensual, forced PvP with Corruption. Which appears to be a reasonable compromise for killing players who are not in the mood for PvP combat.

If I don't like the PvP rules of a game. I won't play that game.
    When you choose to play Ashes, you choose to be punished with Corruption as the consequence for the forced PvP of killing Non-Combatants.
    When you start to play this game, you agree to the ToS and the rules that govern being punished with Corruption for killing Non-Combatants.
    "Terrible death" is irrelevant. The penalties from dying in PvP as Non-Combatant are the same as the penalties from dying from a mob, so I dunno what "terrible death" is even supposed to mean. The issue is whether or not I'm in the mood to engage in PvP combat rather than combat from with mobs. If I'm not in the mood for PvP combat, I will punish my assailants with Corruption.
    And... if Corruption is not a satisfactory deterrent on the frequency of forced PvP - I won't play the game. Which is likely true for most players who don't love PvP combat.
    As far as I can tell - we are in agreement with regard to playing the game or not playing the game.
    When you choose to play the game, you agree to the rules.
    In Ashes, the rules are that forced PvP/non-consensual PvP (killing Non-Combatants) is punished with Corruption - except on the Open Seas.

And here in ashes you even have the luxury of being completely immune to cc when you are not fighting back, the greatest non-pvp friendly mechanic of any game with a similar flagging system.
    Why would I care about being immune to cc if I'm not fighting back and punishing my assailant with Corruption?
  • Options
    m51z70z39q33.png
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2023
    Ganking won't be a thing in AoC, there's barely any loot and there are debuffs on the character

The PvE griefing will be very there at all times, specially flower pickers, miners and lumberjacks stealing all the lumber... and if you touch them then hell will be unleashed on you... you will be judged as a bad person and all kinds of sociopaths will bring about their tendencies on you, which is comical since you were just trying to save the local's fauna and flora

Gatheres should have corruption too for over harvestng, they are pretty much gutting Verra's life force!!! :'(
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options

Define forced pvp.

It's like when you are in a corner, surrounded, nowhere to run and they tell you to take off your cosmetics or PvP.
    You have no choice. :flushed: