Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar Idea Prompt

Comments

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    l9fhx0wnsc5d.jpg
    kdmvv7uvewwv.jpg
    yo2qa7s1xj2e.jpg
    an0k8jsvku7d.jpg
    ne32xxh0nykj.jpg
    More weapons
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Solvryn wrote: »
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

I love the renditions. The renditions look brutal and beautiful at the same time.

Yeah I’m really trying to capture any type of culture within the weapons based off of what we have so far. Brutal, Beautiful, Grotesque, Noble… etc.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

I love the renditions. The renditions look brutal and beautiful at the same time.

Yeah I’m really trying to capture any type of culture within the weapons based off of what we have so far. Brutal, Beautiful, Grotesque, Noble… etc.

What are you using? Midjourney?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

Bing
  • Options
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

Bing

lol okay. I wondered why you used the term 'capture'.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

Bing

lol okay. I wondered why you used the term 'capture'.

Because I still gotta fineagle words around to get the picture I want
  • Options
    wilfredo-delgado-concept-art-belworks-wilfredo-delgado-weapons-props-design-wise-stone-sword1.jpg?1610033944

From google :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    @renadedante the font color you use is hard to read on white surface, which is the default on mobile page.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    @renadedante the font color you use is hard to read on white surface, which is the default on mobile page.

Lol I use the desktop dark version on my phone for this reason.

Mobile ashes forums is an absolutely blinding screen flashbang.
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2023

Oh is it? I'm sorry! I actually didn't know it defaults to white. I'll stop using the light blue color. Thanks for telling me :heart:
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Natasha wrote: »

Lol I use the desktop dark version on my phone for this reason.

Mobile ashes forums is an absolutely blinding screen flashbang.

I always use dark mode because my eyes are sensitive lol Sorry about that!

Teal it is! :)
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I just want the Tulnar to be cuddly.

Well good thing you're Kin! That means you get the cuddles ^.^
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    All of my posts on this thread have been fixed! Thanks for letting me know @Raven016
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    Much better, thank you @renadedante :heart:
  • Options
    Much better, thank you @renadedante :heart:

Of course!
    Come check us out!
  • Options

Then they'll become the favorite race in the game! :smile:
  • Options
    I just came here to wonder one thing.
    Tulnars are combination of different races so can we make orc size and dwarven size Tulnars? 🤔
  • Options
    @renadedante I liked the icy cyan :smile: also, who doesn't use dark mode lol
  • Options
    -T0Mb- wrote: »
    Tulnars are combination of different races so can we make orc size and dwarven size Tulnars? 🤔

That's a good question! I would imagine that the concept would be to choose your base and modify it, however I'm unsure if it will actually end up that way in the creator.
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    I'm not usually one to sit there for hours in a characters creator but I imagine there will be lots of options in the menu for it. I remember the first pencilled in comments about Tulnar was that one would be able to mix and match the features more freely. I would assume that meant model rigging as well (human, elf, dwarf, orc) but I suppose that would depend on the order of feature priority.

If going by this concept art, we can see the sketched up possibilities to choose from even if silhouetted.

42zb1mo6ydhw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I'm not usually one to sit there for hours in a characters creator but I imagine there will be lots of options in the menu for it. I remember the first pencilled in comments about Tulnar was that one would be able to mix and match the features more freely. I would assume that meant model rigging as well (human, elf, dwarf, orc) but I suppose that would depend on the order of feature priority.

If going by this concept art, we can see the sketched up possibilities to choose from even if silhouetted.

42zb1mo6ydhw.png

Yes! I remember looking at this picture often. It was one of the reasons why I started to theorize the character creator may start with choosing your ORIGINAL race and building on top of it. Example: Choosing Ren'Kai then adding fur, ears, tails, claws, ect. I know that is asking a lot for a character creator and I also realize that if it literally is just the other races with extra stuff may push some overall opinions to be rather skewed, however, I think it's fascinating. I very much enjoy the idea of creating how monster or how evolved you became. Very fun!

[the quote feature is hating me today]
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    @Tyranthraxus

rodent features like....
    q4tnmwvtot2z.png:lol:

or more like skavan from WH

6talhuzc2de7.png
  • Options

Then they'll become the favorite race in the game!
    -T0Mb- wrote: »

Yes
  • Options
    So I tried to start a discussion on asking what the Tul'nar would be like. Their anatomy affecting their clothes and aesthetics.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/56042/tulnar-anatomy-and-clothing-speculation#latest

Frankly speaking, I have been wondering if the Tul'nar will be morr like the Charr from Guild Wars... Or more like the Argonians and Khajiit (ESO). I did not once consider Miqo'te, and I still find that the least likely. Especially because of the concept art.
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    Mionikoi wrote: »
    So I tried to start a discussion on asking what the Tul'nar would be like. Their anatomy affecting their clothes and aesthetics.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/56042/tulnar-anatomy-and-clothing-speculation#latest

Frankly speaking, I have been wondering if the Tul'nar will be morr like the Charr from Guild Wars... Or more like the Argonians and Khajiit (ESO). I did not once consider Miqo'te, and I still find that the least likely. Especially because of the concept art.

I think that Charr, Argonians and Khajit are things we can pretty much bet on them being able to look like seeing the current concept art and such that we have. In terms of Miqo'te, I think that you are correct, I don't think it'll be able to be THAT human, however it was mentioned that it can be humanoid.

From the Wiki we have the quote
    "The Tulnar society has more of a caste like system, where based on what physical features you show, based on where your ancestry and lineage lie between the races that came together to make the Tulnar, determines your order in that caste system to a degree."

Which makes me believe that you can get quite humanoid, however Miqo'te would be a bit too far past what they would probably allow. I'm assuming there will be an amount of "monster" or other types you will have to allow still. That could be as little as some form of claws or paws, horns or ears, tail, patches of scales or fur, and such like that.

I tried to find a picture that captured what I think the "low" end may be but I could only really find something anime to show somewhat my point:

hdugf9dj6llp.jpg
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    @Mionikoi if they don't go with a unique and exclusive rigging model I imagine they'll have armour fit the same ways to some degree (minus horns, potentially feet/hooves/claws and what not).
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @renadedante I like the organic/biological bone plating in that picture for racial armour design.

hdugf9dj6llp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Every Tulnar deserves a warsickle inspired from the OG art and the moon stuff in the current necklace designs.

844vkuw7zmws.jpg
    legbopqjnzje.jpg
    21b1f3im8g06.jpg
    kfl9lqz0t46b.jpg
    bm6brca63c7v.jpg
    sj49b9qzhqmm.jpg
    8fq4afforpdf.jpg
    e0ot550tmxbn.jpg

• Options
    @renadedante I like the organic/biological bone plating in that picture for racial armour design.

hdugf9dj6llp.jpg

Right? I think it's a good overall feel for it, though the bone biology would be replaced with fur, scales or what not. It's still human shaped thus armor shouldn't have any issues fitting the model. Adding the tails, claws/hooves and such shouldn't affect the armor too too much to cause overall issues.
    Come check us out!
  • Options

hdugf9dj6llp.jpg

Right? I think it's a good overall feel for it, though the bone biology would be replaced with fur, scales or what not. It's still human shaped thus armor shouldn't have any issues fitting the model. Adding the tails, claws/hooves and such shouldn't affect the armor too too much to cause overall issues.

It could be metallic and forged still as well considering they spent lots of time under ground. Bone and Carapace/chitin can be super strong.