Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Warning from my previous experiences facing healers balanced around PvE.

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    0 Reason not to target a healer nor is that a bad thing in games. If you aren't targeting healers you are being silly. It it up to your team to protect healers, the only way the beta changes is if the healing they do is hugely reduced, or if the character is busted and healers can both be tank and healer at the same time.

(idea that healer needs to have special benefits of being a protected class and the default is to not attack them is pretty silly. That is how you get a game where no one dies and becomes boring with everyone having 3 min kill times.)
  • Options
    This is not strategy. all it does is force people to be bots in every single fights.
    Gaming for dummies.
  • Options
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    This is not strategy. all it does is force people to be bots in every single fights.
    Gaming for dummies.
    Please do tell, what exactly is "strategy" in your opinion? Is it goalless pointless running around the battlefield hitting anyone you see, because everyone is completely the same in their dps/heal/tankiness?
  • Options
    Google what a strawman argument is, i dont have time for this.
  • Options
    Ahh, so it's ok to shit on someone's preferences, while not providing a single point of concrete criticism. I seeee.

So you don't have an opinion on anything. You just like to pretend to hate the preferred thing. This revelation does put everything in perspective.
  • Options
    lol tl didnt change their combat system in a month. all they changed was that you can still move while using skills, which takes 5 seconds to do xDDD

also fyi tl requires you to take healers everywhere, unless u wanna kill a few mobs then stand there for 2 mins healing from your natural regen xD
  • Options

I never heard that expression before but that is hilarious :smile:
  • Options
    There is only one thing regarding Healers,

" since about " Burning Crusade back then a long time ago in WoW -> the Team with more Healers was about invincible. There was a need for a SERIOUS lack in Ability to be able to lose.

This counted for both Alliance and Horde back then.

In WoW Vanilla -> Healers were way better balanced in Comparison. " Resilience " as dear Dripyula called it, made Healers in PvP about invincible, since it negated PvP Damage. From Burning Crusade on, it was almost a complete Shitshow.

I pray to The Others and the normal Gods besides Sir Steven (lol),

that this won't happen another Time with Ashes. Otherwise i wouldn't blame anyone if we see nearly only Healers, Hunters - and maybe Mage-Classes and Rogues running around. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    There is only one thing regarding Healers,

" since about " Burning Crusade back then a long time ago in WoW -> the Team with more Healers was about invincible. There was a need for a SERIOUS lack in Ability to be able to lose.

This counted for both Alliance and Horde back then.

In WoW Vanilla -> Healers were way better balanced in Comparison. " Resilience " as dear Dripyula called it, made Healers in PvP about invincible, since it negated PvP Damage. From Burning Crusade on, it was almost a complete Shitshow.

I pray to The Others and the normal Gods besides Sir Steven (lol),

that this won't happen another Time with Ashes. Otherwise i wouldn't blame anyone if we see nearly only Healers, Hunters - and maybe Mage-Classes and Rogues running around. :D

healers will be op in 1v1. summoners will probably be too
  • Options
    As a short 50 cents:
    I like how much damage the Ranger did on that other guy which the healer healed.
    Looks like a Healer won't be able to reliably overpower two damagedealers with his heals.
    Which is good. Nothing more boring then these boring overpowered healers.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    Dripyula wrote: »
    As a short 50 cents:
    I like how much damage the Ranger did on that other guy which the healer healed.
    Looks like a Healer won't be able to reliably overpower two damagedealers with his heals.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.

Imagine a Healer making every other Class redundant in PvP.

Oh God, Please. NOT. AGAIN. 😅
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I asked for the balance to be like Guild Wars and from the Ranger Showcase I feel the devs listened. 😀
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited December 2023
    Dripyula wrote: »
    As a short 50 cents:

Numbers and balance are not finalized. I wouldn't bet it stays like this considering balance will be for 8v8.

With the additional rock, paper, scissor approach.