Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My PvX != Your PvX

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Otr wrote: »
    Exploration can be done with faster moving mounts which have small inventory space and attack capabilities.
    And using stealth.
    The big complains come when resources are being collected and lost. PvE gatherers do not want only to explore but to gather as well and chill. AFK fishing in the deep ocean maybe.
    Well, I won't be collecting any Resources at all. Just exploring.
    And I plan to only gain whatever xp comes from exploring, so... we'll have to see if that's enough to boost Stealth sufficiently.
    And we'll have to see if there are Mounts that have Stealth.

You will be in danger on land dungeons too. Exploring them deep until to an end boss might not be easy.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    The underwater POIs where players are supposed to fight NPCs should be similar to land NPCs in regard to impact onto the nodes. It is a player activity which makes sense to contribute to the growth of a node.
    That means the underwater part will be in the coastal waters, in the ZoI of coastal nodes.
    That is unconvincing speculation.
    Even if some game design elements make sense, cannot always be applied to predict Steven's choices.
    But if enough players say something in a pinned thread, maybe they have some impact.
    The deep ocean ZoI is outside of Node Zoi and if there are NPCs to fight, those are supposed to have valuable drops. I doubt that those will have underwater villages with lore to attract explorers. I will discourage such choices if they ask us. Lore should be on Node ZoI areas.
    Um. I mean... there is lore just by having water or land to travel across.
    It's common for me to spend hours of one, individual, play session just swimming around continents as far as possible... without ever encountering a village.
    And I repeat that on most of my alts even when I already know what is or isn't there.
    My primary goal when playing any RPG is to uncover/explore the entire map as quickly as possible.
    Speed runner!!
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    blat wrote: »
    Maybe just pretend the Open Seas are full of dangerous elite mobs (that all happen to look like players). Would it help if I changed my character model to a dragon?

You must look like a ship.
    To look like mobs, there will be monster coins.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    So... effectively, I'm likely to perceive traces of PvP mixed in with PvE at least as low key, frustratingly too much PvP.
    When Steven mentioned that the Inventory bags are designed such that when you leave town to go Gather Resources you should be thinking about Economic Warfare, that reinforced for me that I'm not part of the target audience. Because I do not want to have to think about pvp Economic Warfare just because I want to Gather some flowers or herbs.

Thus…

i5whts9s0x97.jpeg

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 18
    You will be in danger on land dungeons too. Exploring them deep until to an end boss might not be easy.
    Danger? What does danger have to do with anything?
    Why are we suddenly talking about danger?

But... typically Stealth is going to help me bypass most mobs. Including Dungeon Bosses.
  • Options
    Speed runner!!
    Haha!
    Maybe...
    Lots of times that is not very speedy.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Danger? What does danger have to do with anything?
    Why are we suddenly talking about danger?

But... typically Stealth is going to help me bypass most mobs. Including Dungeon Bosses.

Maybe players who camp those bosses will not like having you nearby and will try to kill you.
    I like PB&J sometimes. But most of the time I just want jelly without peanut butter. And I need to be the one who decides when I have peanut butter mixed with jelly or even just peanut butter. Rather than a sibling randomly deciding that for me.

So... effectively, I'm likely to perceive traces of PvP mixed in with PvE at least as low key, frustratingly too much PvP.

I have a solution! \o/
    - when you are in mood for PvP you go explore the deep ocean
    - when you are in mood for PvE you go on land
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Maybe players who camp those bosses will not like having you nearby and will try to kill you.
    Oh. I thought you were talking about in general.
    When I'm exploring Ashes, danger and death will be irrelevant.
    I won't be pursuing any progression. Or collecting any Resources.
    Just exploring as much as I can with the least amount of xp gain I can manage.

Gamers can kill me if they want to.

I have a solution! \o/
    That is moot at this point.
    I'll be ignoring all PvP.
    And I'll also be ignoring most of the PvE, too.
    Just exploring.

When I'm in the mood to actually play an MMORPG, I'll just play some other game.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    I have a solution! \o/
    Just exploring.

When I'm in the mood to actually play an MMORPG, I'll just play some other game.

Maybe you become addicted to tavern games...

There may be unique games that can be acquired through adventuring in the world.[3]
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited April 18
    I have a solution! \o/
    Just exploring.

There may be unique games that can be acquired through adventuring in the world.[3]

dygz playstyle is to walk around the map, literally, that's it. he wants to walk over every single walkable tile and discover the entire map. he doesn't care about quests or mobs or anything else.

helping people with quests, pvping, pveing, etc, that's all secondary and mood dependent. so he might not be able to walk (or sail) to every corner because of pvp. maybe he could do it at 4 am on a monday when everyone is sleeping tho
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    I have a solution! \o/
    Just exploring.

dygz playstyle is to walk around the map, literally, that's it. he wants to walk over every single walkable tile and discover the entire map. he doesn't care about quests or mobs or anything else.

helping people with quests, pvping, pveing, etc, that's all secondary and mood dependent. so he might not be able to walk (or sail) to every corner because of pvp. maybe he could do it at 4 am on a monday when everyone is sleeping tho

I wonder does @Dygz want to walk around the map in basically every RPG going, then?
    As in, do you play every release for a brief period for exploration purposes at least? (Then sometimes opt to actually play the mmo, depending on mood)
  • Options
    edited April 19
    dygz playstyle is to walk around the map, literally, that's it.
    That's not my playstyle.
    It's just what I will be doing in Ashes.
    Because I'm really not interested in playing Ashes but people keep asking me to play it anyway.
    So, I found a way to accomodate them - even though I really have no interest in playing the actual game.

Explore as much as possible.
    Socialize with others.
    0 kills
    0 participation in any progression.
    0 questing
    0 Gathering beyond Stealth gear and Mounts
  • Options
    edited April 19
    blat wrote: »
    I wonder does @Dygz want to walk around the map in basically every RPG going, then?
    As in, do you play every release for a brief period for exploration purposes at least? (Then sometimes opt to actually play the mmo, depending on mood)
    The first thing I do in every MMORPG is run my character from one starting area to the starting area of a different Race.
    Then I quest and help others with quests until I Level.
    Every time I Level, I uncover the map as much as possible until I run into skulled mobs that can basically one-shot me.
    Then I quest, help other players and RP until I Level again. Repeat until I run out of quests.
    Then I make some alts and repeat that several times, RPing with other players from the different perspectives, abilities and personalities of the alts.

So, it is Explore first. Quest/Socialize/RP 2nd. Combat last.
    Pretty much the way my Bartle Score suggests:
    Explorer 87%; Socializer 73% ; Achiever 47%; Killer 0%
  • Options
    That's not my playstyle.
    Because I'm really not interested in playing Ashes but people keep asking me to play it anyway.
    So, I found a way to accomodate them - even though I really have no interest in playing the actual game.

Socialize with others.
    0 kills
    0 questing

u toldme in another thread that's what u do, everything else is secondary. and when ur done, you play another mmorpg
  • Options
    edited April 19
    u toldme in another thread that's what u do, everything else is secondary. and when ur done, you play another mmorpg
    LMAO
    Post the quote and we can examine what you misunderstood.

Pretty sure what I told you is that in Ashes I will just be exploring and ignoring everything else. And when I truly want to play an MMORPG, I will actually play a different MMORPG.

I typically move to a different MMORPG after 2+ alts have uncovered the entire map and completed all the available quests.
    These days, I also return for new Battlepass rewards.
  • Options
    im not gonna go dig those threads =x but ill take your word for it, after all, you are the source xD
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Pretty sure what I told you is that in Ashes I will just be exploring and ignoring everything else.

There are flowers to pick too. So I hear...

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure what I told you is that in Ashes I will just be exploring and ignoring everything else.

That's economic warfare and you need special bags.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member

Only if you have allegiance to another node, and if you’re attached to keeping them.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited April 19

Picking flowers usually gives some xp, so... that would be too much.
    Plus 0 Gathering/Resources is the plan.

Only if you have allegiance to another node, and if you’re attached to keeping them.
    Not attached to keeping them, but also not willing to ever drop any.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Not attached to keeping them, but also not willing to ever drop any.

That’s an interesting philosophical state.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Have to be in an interesting philosophical state to play a game I really don’t want to play.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Have to be in an interesting philosophical state to play a game I really don’t want to play.

I call that state ‘uninstall’ 😉
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    That's not my playstyle.

Socialize with others.
    0 kills
    0 questing

You are the ideal candidate to be a GM.
  • Options
    That's not my playstyle.

Socialize with others.
    0 kills
    0 questing

no no, he is a commie. he will ruin the free market and give items to everyone so they are equal xDDD
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    That's not my playstyle.

Socialize with others.
    0 kills
    0 questing

no no, he is a commie. he will ruin the free market and give items to everyone so they are equal xDDD

Didn't thought about that!
  • Options
    Yeah. But…
    Certain people in these Forums are asking me to play anyway, so I had to figure out a frame of mind that would allow me to do that.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Yeah. But…
    Certain people in these Forums are asking me to play anyway, so I had to figure out a frame of mind that would allow me to do that.

Give me $40k. 🤗

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Well...yeah... Steven says the Rewards in the Open Seas are supposed to highly valuable compared to what's available on land.

Well ... ... ;) ... ... how else to lure and bait People onto the Oceans ? ;)

Even if they would make the Oceans as beautiful and wild-looking as Sea of Thieves regarding the Sea Surface and Waves,

how to get People " away " from all those beautiful, wonderful, dreamy Landscapes with countless Contents inside them that are also very much fun to play ? ;)

You get to appeal to People's Greed a little bit. >:) Heheheheheh. >:) . 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Yep.