Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, July 3, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    GenoHarradanGenoHarradan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 23
    The first impression and accessibility of an MMO are known to be crucial in determining whether a player will continue to play in the long term. How do you ensure that the explanation of mechanics and the tutorial experience for beginners is immersive and gradually integrated into the game (and not just pop-up tooltips), but will not be annoying for hardcore fans?
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Can players choose their starting weapon or does every archetype have their own predetermined starting weapon?
  • Options
    ElkzuElkzu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    dual box can be used?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Elkzu wrote: »
    dual box can be used?

This is probably a good place to check out.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Multi-boxing
  • Options
    AzhreiAzhrei Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello Steven! I was wondering about the ability to get data from one specific server for data analysis once the game goes live. Will there be an API we can access that would give us server specific data (i.e. Node level, Vassal or no, Node Type, Mayor, etc.) for the server that we play on? I completely support the limitation of addons to replace game play, I was more looking at this more in the way of a stock ticker so I could understand how the server was developing.
  • Options
    MihamMiham Member
    As a devout Cleric, many of my most memorable gaming experiences occurred with only a meat shield and a glass cannon in my party. How much AoC content might be suitable for this type of gameplay?
  • Options
    GankezGankez Member
    something we've been arguing about in discord is rather or not aoc will have a "target party leader's target" button.. what are yalls thoughts on that? also will there be floating name tags on enemy players?
    u2BkQvn.png
  • Options
    MissionCreepMissionCreep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there going to be any fast travel during a war or siege? It seems like most of this conflict is going to occur far--or very far--away due to how the travel and node system are being constructed, and those gameplay elements don't seem very practical for players with limited time.

I personally like slow travel in my MMORPGs but wars and sieges are not content that I'm choosing directly, and don't want to see my time disappearing over those systems.
  • Options
    If actions can dictate trends in nodes. Are the intended thoughts behind animal (or other) ecology meant to be short term and broad, or more lasting and finite, as far as game time is concerned. Say i am the mayor of a level three merch node specialized for animal husbandry By pact or by fire I protect the gooberoos of this node and restrict or eliminate the hunting of these wonderful mount like creatures. Would the over hunting of natural predators be likely to cause the over population of these creatures for maybe one to multiple seasons. or would the elimination of natural predators be expected to reduce the overall speed and possible special trait modifiers of our native gooberoos. This again is related to the scope of time put into this. say i sink 8 months into this, would it be intended to feel a small or even more tangible change during the last 2 months of my endeavors as the first 2. O i got it. Are the natural cycles a node may progress through meant to end or will some of its effects persist beyond its current cycle.
  • Options
    KronixKronix Member
    What tools can we expect for shot-callers regarding marks and pings?
  • Options
    DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When you lose your ship and die on the open seas, where will you spawn?
  • Options
    Will mobs respawn faster if there are a lot of players in the area?
  • Options
    RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You’ve hinted at a lifetime PK value score during the Asmongold interview that is separate from the corruption score of a player, and that it will influence how fast a player's corruption score will increase. Is this still planned, if so can you share any more details about it?
  • Options
    Greetings, Ashes teams!!!!
    Will players be able to create Personal NPCs for assisting homesteads and other facilities?
  • Options
    EmLeEmLe Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    From the recent showcase it was visible that Inertia exists in your characters movement, why do you think that is a good idea for an MMORPG?
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 1
    Can you please give an example of how the Weapon passive skill tree could benefit full support Archetype class kits?
    z1ll9rrad5qo.png
  • Options
    Will the bounty hunting system be expanded beyond hunting corrupted players?

For example if Player A is mining a rare ore but Player B kills them and takes the ore, could Player A have the option to put a bounty on Player B for X currency? This would allow Player C to use their pathfinding ability to track Player B and provided they kill them, earn the currency.
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    How relevant will knowledge/deduction be across the various systems and will you try to minimize the more tedious methods players will use to gather data/knowledge? For example, interesting data gathering like needing to observe specific enemy mechanics and transfer that knowledge to progress in a different area vs. tedious data gathering like grinding to find out the effects of a skill you might want to use.
  • Options
    Swifty00Swifty00 Member
    edited June 25
    Does the PvE Content (gathering resources, dungeon, World Bosses & raids, story arcs, drops) of a vassal node remain capped, or can the conquering node now raise that content and get the benefits of the vassal node? Say if a Riverlands Scientific Metropolis conquers a neighboring religious node, can it now build a level 6 Temple building it wouldn't normally have access to, or maybe spawn high end ores in a vassal mountain node that don't occur in the Riverlands biome?
  • Options
    DoozerDoozer Member
    edited June 27
    How many background choices are planned for character creation?
  • Options
    SengardenSengarden Member
    edited June 26
    Will boat travel involve managing sails, oars, momentum, turning circles, water current, and wind direction and speed? I would love to see AoC be a standout product in this area. I believe unrealistic tank controls for mounts and boats are due for some major updates, which UE5 could help facilitate.
  • Options
    DabidoDabido Member
    Greetings Ashes Team,

Now that Q3 2024 is upon us, can you share the month in which A2 release is planned?
  • Options
    Will there be an in-game system for the management of contracts between players/guilds? e.g if someone wants to hire a mercenary guild to protect their caravan, will there be systems in game to manage this, such as posting a commission the other party can accept, or will the players have to manage the payment between each other and rely on trust?
  • Options
    Hello! B)
    Against the backdrop of actively developing AI, we see that it is gradually being introduced into all sorts of areas, including the gaming industry. Are there any plans to introduce AI into the game that will generate any content? For example, the AI ​​will randomly spawn NPCs around the world and generate quests for them. Or an AI that will monitor certain processes and make certain decisions that will affect the gameplay and the world around us.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SherNanSherNan Member
    edited June 25
    Hello Steven, Margaret, all the awesome Intrepid team :)
    This question has probably been asked before but could you tell us what you have planned if, after a while, the servers become empty?
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the gear's stat modifiers be diverse enough to allow two of the same classes with similar skill builds to stand out from one another?
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will respawn locations be common in the world and allow players to quickly get back into fights or be more sparse resulting in death being more punishing?
  • Options
    XilfarthXilfarth Member
    Will we be able to upload an image into the character creator and have it render that character for us?
  • Options
    How will farming be done outside of freehold or static housing, and will it be instanced or not?
  • Options
    I like live events best when they're large, rare, and have to be discovered by players, and then spread through word-of-mouth in order to accumulate enough reinforcement participants to clear them successfully. Are you making an effort not to make live events spawn every 10 minutes per region, and feel like constant flashy distractions that pull players' attention away from coming up with their own plans?

(Yes, I saw the 2nd Event Dev Update.)
    Has anyone else noticed the tendency for users with animal icons to swoop in and comment on the OP without acknowledging any of the discussion that has been going on so far?