Which archetype will you play?

Genuine question.

Which archetype... and why?

dhmli0uud8pf.jpg
hqevo1oh24cv.jpg

Comments

• nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited August 16
    We still dont have all the base classes and none of sub classes. Just on my play style and my Desire to delve deep into the Bard, I will be going Bard/Bard when we get the sub classes. I played a Minstrel in DAoC so it also seems fitting lol
  • CawwCaww Member
    Ranger - because who doesn't want to be cool?
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Archwizard and falconer
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • Shadowmancer because im under the self conjured illusion that ill be able to do some really cool things with shadows like making the target's own shadow come alive and attack them, summon a horde of little shade creatures to rush forward in a tide latching on and murderlizing groups of enemies, etc.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Shadowmancer because im under the self conjured illusion that ill be able to do some really cool things with shadows like making the target's own shadow come alive and attack them, summon a horde of little shade creatures to rush forward in a tide latching on and murderlizing groups of enemies, etc.

This guys making heartless from kingdom hearts over here
  • Trickster sounds good to me, maybe something like.... buffs allies with music and debuff enemies with traps and mines that slows and poisons
  • Cleric, healing is fun B)
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will be playing Tank/X everything except bard and cleric.
  • SkkellanSkkellan Member
    edited August 16
    Farming_ wrote: »
    Genuine question.

dhmli0uud8pf.jpg

It depends on which archetype will allow me to become a cruel and merciless god.
  • At launch, Warlock, Acolyte, or Necro are my best guesses.
  • Paladin or Highsword.
  • Farming_ wrote: »
    Genuine question.

Since Necromancy is my Game, []Summoner+Cleric[] will be my Name. ;)

Of Course, i want to try out the Ranger and the Rogue as well. But i am not sure if i should do anything else but to purely flesh out their Main Archetypes.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Depending on what summoner variant has the coolest summons, if they decide to make them change based on subclass.

I'm assuming not though, so probably just plain Conjurer. Beastmaster if they do.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 17
    gonna go tank so I can rollplay as a douchebag

Really though I'm looking forward to Tank/ranger for easy pulls maybe? and tank/fighter for optimized dps and if class switching isn't too terrible maybe do tank/mage for possible aoe tanking.
  • rigglerriggler Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm torn between Cleric and Bard primary archetype...I like to heal so Cleric would be logical, but I enjoyed the dev stream of the Bard last month...I could see going Cleric primary and then secondary as Bard or even Tank and become a Paladin!!!!
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    I want Summoner to be good because Summoner+Bard on paper sounds like an engaging support option

Likewise Cleric+Summoner I'm really hoping is totem based (with a name like Shaman, surely)

And one concept I've been wanting is a reptilian Tulnar that's a Rogue/Ranger, specifically because they could be a chameleon
  • I like being glass cannon so my guess would be.. archwizard?
  • I want to try out the Knight to see how much the Fighter augments can improve the DPS output of a Tank.
  • ChunkaChunka Member
    The first one that caught my attention was soulbow but i dont like how ranger looks atm so im waiting for rogue
  • Dr3amerADr3amerA Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So far im thinking Summoner. I have tried summoner but i have never played dedicated summoner.

My dream right now is Shadowmancer (Summoner/Rogue) if it gives sufficient Solo Leveling vibes.
    Then it would be Necromancer/Conjurer

It all depends on how the testing will go.
    Tank, Bard, Cleric and Mage come next.
  • I've been thinking Assassin. Been having fun playing rogue lately and it seem like it might be a good match for solo player in a PvP World.
    Of course my main has always been a mage so maybe Shadow caster. Just too much unknown at this point in time to predict what I'll settle on.
  • Tank / Tank and will also Try Tank / Rogue . because i like to be needed :-P
    Hell.gif?ex=66eaa530&is=66e953b0&hm=d4922799b90ae8fd50665fe7a6162352f07c0a4ec2b2303183a2de6f02037eca&
  • Bapfi_BoandlBapfi_Boandl Member
    edited August 17
    Magician at first. Cultist as alternative

Magician for nice group play. However if it doesn't fit i am going mad. Maybe i find a rogue group so we can slaughter some peasant. I imagine something insidious with Damage over Time and Heal over Time.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited August 17
    Depending on what summoner variant has the coolest summons, if they decide to make them change based on subclass.

I personally hope i will be able to put some Skelebro's or so as "Staff/Servants" on my Freehold should i ever get the Chance to have one, someday ... ... ... :sunglasses:

6ox5zby2304v.jpg

They don't need to wear something as fancy as that Butler, though. More simple/plain looking Ones are completely sufficient.

I wonder how it will go for the Summoner if it's true and Summoners are told to be able to change their Summons' strong Points.

Will i be able to have Tank or Damage Dealer Summons for Melee ?

ynzc9mf85atp.jpg

Will i be able to have Caster (Damage) or even Healer-like Caster-Summons ?

bbegfqt2psf1.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • HalaeHalae Member
    edited August 18
    Brood Warden (Summoner/Tank) for me. I like playing ranged characters, I like tanking, I like pet classes. We'll have to see if it actually holds up for a tank position, but the planned setup is absolutely perfect for what I want out of the game.
  • Farming_ wrote: »
    Genuine question.

dhmli0uud8pf.jpg

Either Rogue/Rogue, Rogue/Ranger or Rogue/Tank.
  • GithalGithal Member
    I am really interested how they will make the summoner, and if its good probably will be my main.
    But either way i will make Bard, Either as main, or alt.
  • iccericcer Member
    We still haven't seen anything about how secondary archetype will influence your class, whether it will visually change abilities, change the whole theme of the class, while maintaining the core gameplay mechanics, or whatever else.

It was said we'll see it in alpha 2, so I'm just waiting for that.

From what I've seen so far, I'm really only a fan of the Fighter class, maybe a Spellsword or a Highsword.
  • edited August 20
    I'm likely to try multiple. In GW2 I ended up playing 5 different classes at the same time, day one. As for the first class...it could be Dreadnought or something between fighter and a caster, whatever arcane or divine will depend on available playstyles. A bit too early to say as we know very little about classes.

• ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My answer keeps changing for this but it's hard to just pick one. I'm trapped between ranger, rogue, and cleric. So possibly a mix between these for a main character.
    ☼ Alpha 2 let's gooooo ☼