Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 27, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Caeryl wrote: »
    Steven said in the last stream that Hunters would have no interaction with World Bosses, but previously it was said Gathering classes would be needed to get the best material from bosses. Is this no longer the case, with crafting professions divorced from the raiding scene entirely?

I believe they meant that the Boss will drop materials to be used in crafting by all professions, but not be skinnable/processed.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If players will generally need to play within the borders of their node in order to gain xp for their node, how will pve content be handled for mass numbers of players in a closed close proximity?
  • SunboySunboy Member
    edited September 22
    Do you intend to punish false accusations of cheating? If yes, why? If no, why not?
  • We know that A2 Phase1 will launch on 10/25 and for new keys 11/8 but when will we be able to download client and at what times will servers open and close after the weekend? 8am EST? Midnight GMT? 5pm PST? And will these always be the same times for each of the weekends during Phase1 or will these change each week?
  • Can you elaborate on the top 3 or top 5 biggest challenges you are still facing in order to (A): launch A2 Phase 1, (B): progress to A2 Phase 3. What are the biggest question marks, that might have a negative influence on this timeline or the timeline up to launch?
  • KatoPaoKatoPao Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello Steven,

I hope you are doing well.

I have a question regarding the in-game chat channels. We've seen some basic free-to-play games offering real-time translation features, allowing players to communicate in their native language (French, Italian, German, English, etc.) while reading chat messages in their preferred language.

With this in mind, would it be possible for your studio to implement separate chat channels for different languages, with automatic translation?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
  • LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited September 23
    Because Ashes is a game that intentionally strays from the modern mainstream default, there will be game design implementations that I fully agree with but that will be controversial for players, and which will dominate the discourse about the game after release. Can you make clear statements in the game that will allow players to understand the purpose of these design features, and get players into the right mindset to get the most out of these designs for themselves?

(Examples for things people will misunderstand: No LookingForGroup tools, no Add-ons, the game generally not doing everything for you that can be done in Discord or your browser; reduced rewards for players who avoid groups and PVP; Corruption discouraging ganking, but also always-on-PVP)
    Important example: Most players don't seem to understand why attacking a non-combatant doesn't incur corruption to players who don't finish off that non-combatant, and their criticisms will come from the perspective of this being crude game design.
    The only one who can validate you for all the posts you didn't write is you.
  • if you are not answering that in the stream already.

What Forms will we have to give Feedback and create Bugreports?
    Beeing able to quickly and easily give Feedback to Bugs or Features in game could incentivise more Players to do it more often and help development and thats what we´re here for :)

similar to:
    Ashenforge wrote: »

Will there be a in game built reporting system?

• Birqa wrote: »
    if you are not answering that in the stream already.

What Forms will we have to give Feedback and create Bugreports?
    Beeing able to quickly and easily give Feedback to Bugs or Features in game could incentivise more Players to do it more often and help development and thats what we´re here for :)

similar to:
    Ashenforge wrote: »

Will there be a in game built reporting system?

https://youtu.be/oYeyhn6MP6Q?t=5448
    This should either answer your question, or you should specify the diverging parts you want your question to focus on.
    @Ashenforge @Birqa
    The only one who can validate you for all the posts you didn't write is you.
  • TamToucanTamToucan Member
    edited September 21
    The Corruption System is maybe one of the most important systems in the game. Too harsh and open world PvP is dead, too lenient and it's a Gank-Fest that turns off many of the more "casual" players.

Will you give in depth details of how it works and evolves? Obscurity is not security. If players have a detailed knowledge of how it works exactly, then fhere is an even field to find the flaws/cheesing/etc. Otherwise it creates an air of secrecy, with people trying to work out "exploits" (if the system allows it, is that an exploit?)
  • 1.Could citizens of a friendly city rob your Caravans?
    2. Is that possible(at least in theory) to conquer all towns and cities on the server and make one huge friendly server where everyone lives in one "country"?
  • does this ever get a REAL reply from internal people? i hate these long paragraphs from random fans like they work here... lets not do that.. yikes
  • We do know that a node siege will require a lot of time, money and materials. How does Intrepid Studios expect to stimulate the desires and motivations to declare a node siege?
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    c0done wrote: »
    does this ever get a REAL reply from internal people? i hate these long paragraphs from random fans like they work here... lets not do that.. yikes

This is a thread to post questions for this month's livestream. Some of these questions will get selected and answered live at the end of the stream :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What has been the barrier to showcasing the Tulnar in a playable state?
    q1nu38cjgq3j.png
  • MayhemMayhem Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Will there be EU servers for A2?
  • SuperplusSuperplus Member
    edited September 22
    Hi Steven,

The roadmap for Phase 3 is still incomplete. Could you share more information about the missing content, such as the Underrealm and secondary classes for everyone, Are you planning to include these in the beta phases?
    Novus ordo seclorum
  • If two nodes are friendly toward each other, but a new mayor wants to unilaterally start a war, approximately how many election cycles would it take for the new mayor to degrade node relations to the point that a war commission could become available?
  • YsandreYsandre Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Superplus wrote: »
    Hi Steven,

The roadmap for Phase 3 is still incomplete. Could you share more information about the missing content, such as the Underrealm and secondary classes for everyone, Are you planning to include these in the beta phases?

This was discussed during the Alpha 2 Roadmap Showcase, somewhere 2:13:26 onwards, by Steven: Anything that you see that's in phase 3 again pertains to the first few months of phase 3 beginning; and then after that, those additional systems will come online sometime between phase 3 and beta.
  • You've stated there is no dampening for PvP and that player power is split on the character 50/50 between level and gear. If PvP is part of the leveling experience, are there any measures to "protect" lower level players from higher level players other than guilds and teams, and is it possible to get 1-shot in the starting zone on a PvP mission by a max level and geared character?
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • Is the character creator going to have an option to import photos of us & generate a character from it?
  • What are your plans to make the world feel dangerous to travel alone?
  • JaceGrimbladeJaceGrimblade Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will Skins from Packs be able to be used on Battle Pets and Non Battle Pets? If this is the case would having an animal or creature of the Skins specific family be required also?
    ptmy18l68xaj.gif
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One final shot at asking this but here it goes.

Can you give us some insight on modifiers that will show up on gear and tell us how much does this come into play when our character is fully kitted out such as do I go for stat boosts that compliment my class or is there modifiers out there to completely change the way my class plays.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the controller mapping software JoyToKey (or similar) acceptable for use during Alpha-2?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How many other biomes are being worked on other than the Riverlands, and is anything in the game that is not subject to change
  • RaznorkRaznork Member
    edited September 24
    hello everyone, sorry for my broken english.. A lot of people, have a question for system of class. Can you confirm that the 64 classes will be viable, useful, and different?
    keeping in mind that of course a tank remains a tank, etc
    This must still be a work in progress. Are you counting on the community to develop this?
  • Toothpaste wrote: »
    What are the differences between water mounts and aquatics mounts?

The mounts used in water are called "Aquatic Mounts". Anyone using "water mount" is just referring to these.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • c0done wrote: »
    does this ever get a REAL reply from internal people? i hate these long paragraphs from random fans like they work here... lets not do that.. yikes

Vaknar goes through and answers every question here in his round-up post at the end of every month. I guess you've just never come back to check for an answer.

I hope that paragraph was short enough for you. I'll lose sleep for weeks if it's not.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Hello. Are you going to implement target assist as it was in Lineage 2, when you right click on your party member and get the target of that member? It was very convenient and efficient