Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will you play AoC if the combat sucks(for you personally)?

Comments

• Options
    Untill naval stuff dont suck i will play the game for sure.
  • Options
    I can deal with repetitive and boring rotations but if it is simply slow and clunky I'm out. 

Now if I can still put in a decent amount of time and be entertained without fighting I'll definately play but I haven't found that game yet. 
  • Options
    to be fair, I'm here for the lore and role-playing so combat not that high to me. plus summoners never fight themselves so I don't really mind ^^
  • Options
    Combat is the 90% of a MMORPG for me so no, if the combat system sucks, then the game will suck (imo)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    to be fair, I'm here for the lore and role-playing so combat not that high to me. plus summoners never fight themselves so I don't really mind ^^
    As am I. But I've learned not to pin my hopes on it. I have somewhat more hopes for this game though. (Roleplay that is) 
  • Options
    Combat is one of the most important aspects for me personally. If the combat system of a game feels boring and static, I will not play. So, unfortunately, yes, that will probably make or break the game for me.
  • Options
    For me if the combat is too focused on tab targeting and slow like WoW combat then I will not play it. I play destiny 2 because the combat is fun and fast. I cannot stand slow combat systems ever since I played CnC Renegade and Tera.

Don't get me wrong if it is solid but a little sluggish I would get used to it and most likely still have a good time but I emphasize combat when I decide whether to continue playing or not
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Varkun said:
    if combar sucks ...NO .... just carebears would play it ... game  would die 

What sucks for you may not suck for others, so by your logic anyone who likes combat you don't like is a carebear, interesting.

I have yet to play an mmo where I thought the combat system was rubbish, they all differ so just accept it for what it is and get on with enjoying the game. Doubt very much AOC will have a bad combat system, but what ever it turns out like some will hate it others will love it, said this before there will never be a combat system that will appeal to everyone.
    sorry my little whiny carebear, i just answered a question ... 

IF COMBAT-GAMEPLAY SUCKS , NOBODY INTERESTED IN FIGHTS WOULD PLAY IT . 
    THATS LOGIC U ******** ********* ******** *********  :)))) 

LOL
    I think you may have missed the point of my response so give it another read but will repeat it for you, what you consider bad combat others may enjoy, your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it but to assign a label to everyone because they may not feel the same way as you does seem to be a very broad generalization. It does not matter what the combat system is like in AOC some will like it others will not, and there will be one line rage tell posts all over the forums with nothing constructive contributed.

• Options
    Varkun said:
    Varkun said:

What sucks for you may not suck for others, so by your logic anyone who likes combat you don't like is a carebear, interesting.

I have yet to play an mmo where I thought the combat system was rubbish, they all differ so just accept it for what it is and get on with enjoying the game. Doubt very much AOC will have a bad combat system, but what ever it turns out like some will hate it others will love it, said this before there will never be a combat system that will appeal to everyone.

LOL
    I think you may have missed the point of my response so give it another read but will repeat it for you, what you consider bad combat others may enjoy, your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it but to assign a label to everyone because they may not feel the same way as you does seem to be a very broad generalization. It does not matter what the combat system is like in AOC some will like it others will not, and there will be one line rage tell posts all over the forums with nothing constructive contributed.

U JUST DONT GET IT LOL .... DID U READ THE POLL QUESTION? 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Varkun said:
    Varkun said:

LOL

I just felt compelled to point out how silly your assumption was that all people who liked combat systems you didn't like were carebears. I just don't have a great liking for people who assign labels to people because they do not agree with their way of thinking or what they like.
    Combat is not the one and only deciding factor as to wether I will play a game or not, where clearly it is for others and that's just fine, people need to be enjoying the games they play. 

Sorry this has gone somewhat off topic to all with valid opinions to the original question.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Varkun said:
    Varkun said:

LOL

I just felt compelled to point out how silly your assumption was that all people who liked combat systems you didn't like were carebears. I just don't have a great liking for people who assign labels to people because they do not agree with their way of thinking or what they like.
    Combat is not the one and only deciding factor as to wether I will play a game or not, where clearly it is for others and that's just fine, people need to be enjoying the games they play. 

Sorry this has gone somewhat off topic to all with valid opinions to the original question.
    I just felt it was necessary to point out how ridiculously long this whole post is OVER OPINIONS! I too make generalizations sometimes (usually to start a flame war with people I don't like) but it doesn't make me any less of a asshole.

On a side not I decide whether I play a game based on its combat usually :)
  • Options
    I'll probably play housing for an hour or two and quit since nobody from my guild will follow if the combat is bad.
  • Options
  • Options
    Fevir has summed it up well in his video. Its very early in the alpha, and the combat is not terrible, which is very ormising for an MMO. 
    Anyways, to answer your question, yes I will still play and enjoy Ashes, as the game offers much more than combat. I played ArcheAge as well, and you know what I did the most? Fishing with the boys. Playing an MMO does not always have to be an action paced race, MMOs are about the experience together, be it in combat or on a lovely karaoke night. I would probably not go as hardcore if the combat sucked, but I'd still enjoy playing it.
  • Options
    Yes I will stay and play Ashes even if the combat system isn't all that I expect.
    Combat is never exactly the same in any game.  There is always a difference and something new to be learned.   I have not always been completely happy with a combat system but if the rest of the game was good I stayed.
  • Options
    It's a PvP game.. If the combat is shit, what's the point in playing? You can't have a poor combat system on a PvP based game and expect it to be insanely popular.
  • Options
    Yes I will stay and play Ashes even if the combat system isn't all that I expect.
    Combat is never exactly the same in any game.  There is always a difference and something new to be learned.   I have not always been completely happy with a combat system but if the rest of the game was good I stayed.
    Glad to hear it ;)
  • Options
    If i would enjoy bad and boring combat, i would play WoW or FFXIV.
    So if combat suxx why should a play a p2p Game?
  • Options
    Combar's are cinda soft in a medieval fight with swords.
  • Options
    Flameh0t said:
    It's a PvP game.. If the combat is shit, what's the point in playing? You can't have a poor combat system on a PvP based game and expect it to be insanely popular.
    Just to correct you again on this point... it is ALSO a PvP game. 
    Ashes hopes to be a game for players of all types.

But I totally agree with your underlying point, that unless combat looks and feels right, they'd be failing on the PvP front, so I look forward to all of the feedback that will appear during alphas / betas.

And whilst Im no PvPer myself, yeah, unless combat feels good, the game will probably lose a lot of the appeal to me, why spend any of your free time doing something unnecessarily dull?
  • Options
    The simple answer is, if the combat will be bad, it would not be worth 15$ per month.

If it's free and the combat sucks, I'd play. Otherwise it's pointless to spend any money on it to play.
  • Options
    Flameh0t said:
    Right now it's a sandbox game where did you saw it was a pvp game ? gosh ... i agree with you nice combat system is really nice but i cant get how people tell sandbox games like AOC, BDO or AA are pvp games ...
  • Options
    Jaikant said:
    Flameh0t said:
    Right now it's a sandbox game where did you saw it was a pvp game ? gosh ... i agree with you nice combat system is really nice but i cant get how people tell sandbox games like AOC, BDO or AA are pvp games ...
    So jaikant you clearly havn't payed attention to anything about this game clearly. It is literally "PVP focused". PVP IS IN ALMOST EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME! From just leveling, there is open world pvp, to guild wars and arena PVP.

I mean someone like sylver/gothix/nagash/kratz or a moderator correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have seen and heard PVP will be everywhere!
  • Options
    I do want to point something out here. What if the question is "Would you play the game if the combat system does not match or feel right based on the type of game it is trying to be?"

Like an rts that is trying to be a mmorpg, it just wouldn't feel right.
  • Options
    Ashes of Creation is a PvX game

PvP is incorporated into their design philosophy to ensure that the world is constantly changing and exciting.

There are PvE and PvP elements to Ashes of Creation thus PvX. 

:)
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Ashes of Creation is a PvX game

PvP is incorporated into their design philosophy to ensure that the world is constantly changing and exciting.

There are PvE and PvP elements to Ashes of Creation thus PvX. 

:)
    That's the great thing @Diura, to see that Ashes is being developed for both unlike so many MMOs that are built and maintained for one or the other.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I used to own a bar. Every year we would have a big summer BBQ. Over the years it grew from something with around 10 regulars to around 250 people. We added live bands, kids games and activities, all the bells and whistles. It would have an all inclusive ticket price. All you could eat and drink. My meat vendor got in on the action around year 2 or 3 and would provide the meat at a heavy discount as long as he got to play grill king and promote his business. My liquor distributor would make a special Sunday delivery to the site for that event. We had a selection of non-meat items like potato salad and others.
    From about year 4 I started getting people showing up who would complain to staff that we needed to add more vegetarian options. They would get kicked up the line to me. I would calmly explain that it was a BBQ and meat was the focus, but we would work on it. I would offer a refund. Then a couple years later we started getting the vegans. "I find it offensive that you are serving meat at this event." Even though the thing had been marketed as a BBQ sponsored by The Meat Guy, they still had an issue. I would offer to refund their money and let them go on their merry way, because what we had on offer wasn't for them.
    Every single year, I never had to pay a refund. They would bitch and moan for a bit, but then would wander off once they felt that their opinion had been listened to. I use what I learned over the years there alot. People really don't care about the issue, as long as they feel someone is listening to them moan.

Edit: And you would see the same people year after year that had complained.
  • Options
    I used to own a bar. Every year we would have a big summer BBQ. Over the years it grew from something with around 10 regulars to around 250 people. We added live bands, kids games and activities, all the bells and whistles. It would have an all inclusive ticket price. All you could eat and drink. My meat vendor got in on the action around year 2 or 3 and would provide the meat at a heavy discount as long as he got to play grill king and promote his business. My liquor distributor would make a special Sunday delivery to the site for that event. We had a selection of non-meat items like potato salad and others.
    From about year 4 I started getting people showing up who would complain to staff that we needed to add more vegetarian options. They would get kicked up the line to me. I would calmly explain that it was a BBQ and meat was the focus, but we would work on it. I would offer a refund. Then a couple years later we started getting the vegans. "I find it offensive that you are serving meat at this event." Even though the thing had been marketed as a BBQ sponsored by The Meat Guy, they still had an issue. I would offer to refund their money and let them go on their merry way, because what we had on offer wasn't for them.
    Every single year, I never had to pay a refund. They would bitch and moan for a bit, but then would wander off once they felt that their opinion had been listened to. I use what I learned over the years there alot. People really don't care about the issue, as long as they feel someone is listening to them moan.

That's deep and incredibly interesting ^^
  • Options

Where can I find this piece of heaven?
  • Options
    Sadly I closed it a few years back. We had the proper licensing and all that, but had not bothered to file or pay taxes the entire 10 year run. The license was in a partners name that was kicked out and sued for embezzling some cash, and when it came up for renewal rather than take the chance of them coming after me for what was sure to be a hefty tax bill and fine I cut and run. Another good lesson learned, make sure someone else's name is on the title if you think it is going to go south. Always have checks and balances to check and balance the person who is doing the checking.