Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Diverse Character Creation - The Quest for Representation, Diversification and Boobs

Comments

• Options
    I've said it before, and I say it again, Options!  That's what makes the game diverse and fun and not cookie cutter.
  • Options
    Boobies!   :):):)

That is all.
    Here is a man of class ;)  I like this idea a lot :D
  • Options
    even krojaks first opinion in this video agrees with me: https://youtu.be/TDgGit0EFLw
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I think it is obvious at this point the majority of players wish to have as many choices (slider options) as Intrepid can give us. 

Boobies and Bottoms for all!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    I think it is obvious at this point the majority of players wish to have as many choices (slider options) as Intrepid can give us. 

Boobies and Bottoms for all!!!!!!!!!
    And packages ;)
  • Options
    I'm kind of missing my body now
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Where was the last place you had it?
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Its that sack of bones in the corner
  • Options
    And Im over it 
  • Options
    I'd also like the ability to be really tall or really short. 
  • Options
    I am all for the boob slider if I get a junk slider....... 

Let's allow a boob slider but the person who made the toon cannot see the front of their character. 

Sad.
  • Options
    I am all for the boob slider if I get a junk slider....... 

Let's allow a boob slider but the person who made the toon cannot see the front of their character. 

Sad.

Dont call it a junk slider, call it a tissue slider and it works for both genders. The only issue is if you go in some water you slider may not work as intended.

As far as not seeing the front of your character how would you see how things fit in a fashion sense.
  • Options
    If by junk you mean all flesh then yes get rid of it 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    If by junk you mean all flesh then yes get rid of it 
    But what would be the use of a boob slider if you remove all flesh with the junk slider?
  • Options
    Call the slider “cup size”.

Bra cups for the ladies.

Athletic cups for the gents.
  • Options
    This thread is going south fast.
  • Options
    This thread is going south fast.
    based on the history of this thread it goes south but then goes back north.
    there isn't much left to be said unless the forum has more opinions, now I'd like to get a devs opinion. 
  • Options
    The devs have given their opinions already. There will be reasonable customization towards "booby sliders" that will be race specific. There will be no "junk" sliders like Conan Exiles where you get to have a detailed epeen and scrotum dangle. These "OMG BOOBS!" threads pop up every few months and then die out to be resurrected by the next edger that discovers the game and feels the need to make sure that everyone knows how woke they are.

[48:47] Will there be boob sliders?

1. There is a “booby” slider.
    2. Yes, but it is race specific there will be limitations.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2945&v=BQw0Z2UBAhI

• Options
    The devs have given their opinions already. There will be reasonable customization towards "booby sliders" that will be race specific. There will be no "junk" sliders like Conan Exiles where you get to have a detailed epeen and scrotum dangle. These "OMG BOOBS!" threads pop up every few months and then die out to be resurrected by the next edger that discovers the game and feels the need to make sure that everyone knows how woke they are.

@nig@NightshadeRaven this is the usual comment that resurrects it

anyway, i mean a comment based on this thread, this one offers lots of opinions of lots of the community BASED on what i've read on the subject, and its more than just boobs as you can obviously tell.
  • Options
    daedal said:

@nig@NightshadeRaven this is the usual comment that resurrects it

anyway, i mean a comment based on this thread, this one offers lots of opinions of lots of the community BASED on what i've read on the subject, and its more than just boobs as you can obviously tell.
    I think I said it best when this thread was created and still stand by it.

Not another boobies post.
  • Options
    All I know is I once had Bacon admit 'Bulge Sliders' could be a thing on the first PAX stream... as in cod piece size. I mean we are all arguing about ass and tits... what if I want to create a male character and bring back giant weird cod pieces from history? I think this should be addressed much more than the normal should boobies be bigger than the characters head discussion. 

Also yes its a pain in the ass to do but give us some options with LONGER HAIR... I cry inside when creating a character and I am stuck with the most lame ass female hair options that all stop at the shoulders.
  • Options
    They have said that long hair won't work for technical reasons with animations and clipping. No one would be happy if they gave you waist length hair and then it didn't get to bounce and move. Cries of "Why are their only ugly options that don't move naturally?" would be the next complaint. UE4 can do some amazing things with modeling, but throw a couple hundred people all doing hair flips in the same area and you are just waiting for the crash to happen.
    Image result for hair flip gif
  • Options
    R.I.P long hair :( there goes a ton of options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @nagash
    Just pick the skinniest option possible and combine it with the palest skin color you can pick, it could look like a skeleton ;D
    (of course you will have to go bald too then ;) )
  • Options
    Im just going to wear a mask and my robes 
  • Options
    Would be the next complaint. UE4 can do some amazing things with modeling, but throw a couple hundred people all doing hair flips in the same area and you are just waiting for the crash to happen.

What you just said is BS. There has been advances in hair design physics and shaders.

The models they are currently using are from UE4 paragon project. You should go and do some research on how they made those models.

Also Maya (which is a program they use) has a hair and fur components. I dont expect to see hair movement as your picture but I do expect to see some movement of hair if its long enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    How many options for character creation did the earlier mmos have?
    The lack of choice never really seemed like a huge problem at the time.

If we only get a choice of two bodies, with two skin tones, two hairstyles, two eye colours and that's it, well that's what, 16 different toons you can make? 

Even in BDO, how closely do you really look at other players avatars faces?

If this game becomes hugely popular, isn't it true that a scar that you agonised over, may never even be noticed by a single other player.
    They're just too busy whupping your butt, or getting whupped.

Most of how they look / how you identify them depends upon how they dress. That and a s*dding big name. (Hopefully optional)

I believe that spending time building a personalised toon however can be great fun on itself, So yeah. Sliders are great, choice is great, realism is great.

Whatever the final range or limitations of the character creator it isn't what the success or failure of Ashes will hang upon.

Yes, if big boobs are an option, then there'll be a lot of big boobs, and no-one can say nowadays that if you wanted to look like you sprouted a couple of basket balls under your top then that's an unrealistic, impossible goal.

So in a game that seeks realism, where plastic surgery might not exist but magic sure does, surely the realism isn't to restrict huge boobs but to allow players the choice....

Then again, as this isn't intended as an an 'adult'  game, limits upon the choices makes better sense for a company that has to appeal to a world of cultures / religions / societal sensibilities, and heck, just gamers as a whole.
  • Options
    Harker said:

If we only get a choice of two bodies, with two skin tones, two hairstyles, two eye colours and that's it, well that's what, 16 different toons you can make? 

If this game becomes hugely popular, isn't it true that a scar that you agonised over, may never even be noticed by a single other player.

Most of how they look / how you identify them depends upon how they dress. That and a s*dding big name. (Hopefully optional)

I believe that spending time building a personalised toon however can be great fun on itself, So yeah. Sliders are great, choice is great, realism is great.

Whatever the final range or limitations of the character creator it isn't what the success or failure of Ashes will hang upon.

Yes, if big boobs are an option, then there'll be a lot of big boobs, and no-one can say nowadays that if you wanted to look like you sprouted a couple of basket balls under your top then that's an unrealistic, impossible goal.

So in a game that seeks realism, where plastic surgery might not exist but magic sure does, surely the realism isn't to restrict huge boobs but to allow players the choice....

Then again, as this isn't intended as an an 'adult'  game, limits upon the choices makes better sense for a company that has to appeal to a world of cultures / religions / societal sensibilities, and heck, just gamers as a whole.
    I harken to Harker and agree with Harker's assessment ;)
  • Options
    Abasole said:
    Harker said:

I harken to Harker and agree with Harker's assessment ;)
    i agree
  • Options
    I think a realistic fantasy (e.g reality paired with emphasis on alternative possibilities, mass harness of magic, physical endurance, or different species) is drastically different from a hunchback H cup and players simply satisfying their perverted reality - there’s games for that.  I don’t know, I think it’s just kinda silly for people to defend a perverted position.  I mean it’s the same reason most of us don’t want explicit sex scenes or 10’ dicks.