Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 11AM PDT

124»

Comments

• Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited August 2019
    koltovince wrote: »
    How will the bounty hunting system work?

@koltovince Players will ben able to acquire 'bounty hunter' title through a quest that is available only to citizens of military stage 4 nodes. The idea is that corrupted players (those who kill non combatants) will be hunted down by the bounty hunters. Corrupted players also have a chance to drop gear etc upon death as well as many other stuff they own which will be the bounty of the hunter. for more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters 👈

Pmilhous24 wrote: »
    Will Mob A.I. be resposive to our actions? If I'm use a powerful ability will the mob A.I recognize that and block, parry, dodge, ect.?

@Pmilhous24 Yes, mob AI will be responsive to your actions.Bosses especially will make decisions dynamically during fights for more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobs 👈

lifetree wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can we harvest the monsters or creatures we killed that we can use for cooking, alchemy, and other material.
    Thanks.

@lifetree Yes! when you kill mobs they will drop relevant raw materials which then can be used in crafting, cooking alchemy etc. That stage is called 'processing' which is one of the artisan classes in Ashes. for more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Processing 👈

iliya wrote: »
    Are there many options for players to build, customize or design outer layers of their house and the house itself when it comes to housing and freeholds?

@iliya Unfortunately you won't be able to build and design the outer layer of your houses. Rather there will be blueprints you can buy.You can do a lot of decorating inside the house tho! for more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing#Housing_decoration 👈

apok wrote: »
    What kind of stat modifiers can we look forward to seeing on gear

@apok In Ashes, all stats will relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX. As a 'stat modifier' there is the enchanting system. For more info: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gear 👈

signature.png
  • Options
    Will we be able to create a "zoo" from our pet/animal collection in our freehold? can you explain a bit about it?
  • Options
    Will there be a pinging mechanic that shot callers in mass PvP or raids (and possibly castle siege) could use to dictate player where to go and what to do there (attack/defend/support)?
  • Options
    Will rogues and other flank type classes be able to effectively use the terrain around them to flank enemies?

E.g. Climbing up houses and going across roofs to avoid choke points and flank behind the enemy.
  • Options
    Can we get anymore information in regards to the importance of Player/God relations? For example you previously mentioned about the Devoted follower system, and stated that although players don't need to venture into the realm of having a patron deity, it would be beneficial for them? Can you go into a bit more detail in regards to this area? Does having a deity link to the angelic/demon skins (perhaps a hint at an ascended level players can attain if they are most devoted).

Also..any news on the long-anticipated religious node article?

Lots of love xoxo
    Saturn_Aurora.png
  • Options
    drakwindrakwin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Will there be a pvp mode like in Guild Wars 2 where all stats are the same for everyone from level 1 to max level or will pvp always be "better gear = better chances"?
  • Options
    Hi all - thanks for submitting your questions for tomorrow's live stream! Be sure to tune in at 11AM PDT on Thursday, August 29 to watch our development update and see if your question was picked! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    were the EU apoc matches hosted on/by Mail.ru? if yes, nice performance :)
  • Options
    Is it possible to animal husbandry to create new pet/mount based on cosmetic skin? How do you plan separating animal husbandry and cosmetic?
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited August 2019
    -Deleted-
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    ICYMI our latest Live Stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/ev42u5V7ssc
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    If Tanks (primary) are locked to that role, I worry that finding a spot in a raid group may get difficult as having a third or fourth offtank probably isn't ideal.

For normal group content a game usually needs plenty of tanks but in raiding only a few are needed wich makes me think alot of tanks won't get to see the endgame at all. :'(

That, or there will be way too few tanks for normal group content.

What are your plans to balance this? Will there be viable DPS or maybe support builds for Tanks?

• Options
    SquirrelTeamSixSquirrelTeamSix Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be static in world dungeons as well as the ones that pop up as archeological (for example) for story and lore purposes or are dungeons going to be largely unaffected by the main storyline?
  • Options
    MoowellMoowell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    EDIT: Sorry, I saw "Next stream August..." and paid no attention to what year it was for.
  • Options
    SangramoireSangramoire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you had to compare your end result goal with another game, what would you say AoC graphics would look like the most?

Ex. something like BDO or Horizon Zero Dawn, or maybe more like GW2 or Skyrim just to give some ideas that are not limited to just MMOs.
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a cartography skill? or perhaps something similar?

Back in the olden days of Ultima Online for instance, with this skill, you were able to create/uncover treasure maps to hidden treasures spread throughout the world. Upon digging on the right spot you would uncover a chest with some goodies and sometimes some unfortunately monster spawns.

While I'm not sure that we need this exactly, it would be great to have something similar that will send adventurers exploring all corners of the world (outside of questing and sieging). Something to add more flavor.

• Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited August 2020
    Lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hi
    I have a question about the "Freeholds"

It has been told that you have some amount of "slots" for different buildings for profession or for production. Are these slots filled with buildings supporting your own profession or can they be anything? Do they come with a base level npc to work in them, which would be nice for immersion, or are they only for players to use?

Can i be a gatherer and still have refinement and production buildings on my hold?
    Does nimal breeding require the space of all slots or
  • Options
    Damn this phone! It lagsin critical moments..

And continues

Or can i have some farming and food production also.
    All kind of info is wanted and thank you for all answers to all question beforehand..

Btw.

Could questing be made so that all the questgivers have somekind of ingame flag infront of the house or marketstand or anywhere indicating that adventurers are needed for a job. When you have completed the quest you can see ingame that the flag is taken down.
    The quests should be read from journal or from conversation and no other indicators. Sort of medium between wow and hc questing.

• Options
    Well i was in the right place for comments...wow..i read it and thought that i understood it..👍
  • Options
    SyberSychoSyberSycho Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Since clerics are set to be the healer, how is there leveling experience? Can they do okay dps to kill mobs or will they need to rely on others to help them?
  • Options
    If the raids are built around 40 ppl, 5 from each base archetype - how does this affect the server if there is a dominance of a certain archetype? since tank and cleric are pretty much locked in their roles, can you choose any "damage dealing players" for your dps slots?
  • Options
    theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can you please tell us a bit about secondary augment schools for tanks & healers ?

Like the fighter rush + mage teleport example but instead of both archetypes being dps roles, some examples where the secondary archetype is a tank or healer.

Eg, will there be a tank secondary augment school for increased threat ? Will there be a healer secondary augment school that heals others ?
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    People be thinking this is for 2020
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Serena VenportSerena Venport Member, Alpha One
    What kind of novelty games will we have access to in game? I come from Ultima Online where you can play Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Mahjong and roll dice in the game.

Cheers JD
  • Options
    I have been thinking about how I would like to be a traveling nomad salesman, explorer, crafting type. I am wondering if this is even possible? From what I understand crafting is tied to a persons freehold and that has to be placed in a nodes area and you become a citizen. Is there a way to not be a citizen and travel and still engage with people and use node services? This could also lead to some cool expansive quests as well. Like a religious pilgrimage that shows greater dedication to your religion as an example.
  • Options
    Guys this is a 2019 Q&A post. Stop posting questions lmao.