Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Development Update Live Stream - Friday, July 31, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Hello Ashes of Creation Team I'm so excited for this MMO as it seems to bring a lot of possibilities into the scene that everyone was asking for and its great to see a refreshing take and dive into that challenge.

My question for the Dev Team goes a bit into lore side, but on more general approach than specifics. Is the games story going to be driven around the "You Exist in a World" or "Story focuses around you as a player". I've seen a lot of MMO's take the latter creating a world where the events seem singular or too direct rather than a player immersing themselves in a world where multiple people exist. It be great to hear what type of direction this game is taken into that especially with your Node Systems etc.

Also was there any discussion that I might of missed in terms of factions or is it separated by race on how you choose a side?

Thank you and super excited for this game. Keep up the great work and communication.
  • TeltheKeeperTeltheKeeper Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm wondering if their is a specific quest\quest line to unlock the secondary class features, or is it just a choice? I also saw on the wiki that changing a secondary class might use, "a quest system", so will there be a quest to switch Secondary classes as well?
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be progression in mayorship and or statistics of your performance?
  • Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    If one of citizens of node is bad person that bringing bad reputation for node, can mayor by votetion promote this player as an enemy of city/state?
  • derSeyonderSeyon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be armor and skills to gather and craft? So not just tools. Like FinalFantasy 14?
  • AspAsp Member
    Can't wait to set my alarm for some silly hour of the morning so I can watch this from Australia! KEEN!
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will corrupted players be able to unequip their gear?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Alpha 1 be testing Freehold placement?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Could you provide 1-2 examples of Racial, Religious, and Social Organization based Augments?
  • Savior,

Regarding castle seiges, will it be like lineage 2 where the castle has an invisible perimeter anyone who wishes can show up and do as they wish? Once in the "seige grounds" your flagged for PvP? But only the guilds signed to attack can scribe. Or is this a 250 vs. 250 instance where only the attackers and defenders can attend? I was hoping for a total open world experience like lineage was but allot of forum chatter makes it sound like an instance. Can you clarify?!

Thanks!
  • MabraMabra Member
    My Pogs and KEKW's are ready.
  • Riven wrote: »
    How do you cure corruption? If I feel like going Rouge for a month and having noobs come flying at me for the funzies, how do I fix it when I wanna go back to RP. And do you summon mounts like in WoW? Thanks

If I was you I would make this an alt toon since you just want to grief new players. You can do quest to keep your pk count lower. The lower your pk count the faster it is to work off. So log on, go on a killing spree and log off. Just make sure you log off in an area you can work off the corruption quickly with out much harassment. Highly doubt you will be greifing people on their mains as you will drop gear you are wearing when corrupted. Also you lose combat affectiveness the higher your corruption/kill count gets.
  • GruumshiGruumshi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hi Ashes-Team,

would like to know about more about your intentions on character animations.
    From the vids so far the movement of the characters seems to be a bit to static for my taste.
    It feels like they are missing some weight. For my reference here I would like to point at GW2
    movement animations. I would like to know if you intend to add similar things here like the
    little leaning when you run sideways and then stop? Or when you start running that there is
    a little mini delay in which your character picks up speed so it really feels like more real movement.
    I was impressed by the riding animation on the bear mount though. That looked really like I would
    imagine to ride on a friendly bear. So yeah would be nice to know more about your fine tuning plans
    in this area.

Thanks and keep it up!

Br,
    Gruumshi
  • OnyStyleOnyStyle Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Being fabulous is very important to me. While I do not mind having to put in the time to achieve my fashion goals, I am curious as to how many costumes will be locked behind a pay wall. Will there be some sort of loyalty system or grindable method to earning the cash shop costumes. Additionally, about how often will costumes typically come out, and how much do you expect them to be priced at?
    Bonus question: Will costumes purchased in the cash shop be able to be sold on the marketplace? Or do you believe that could be considered pay to win?
  • will there be a UI that allows you to turn down party members abilities opacity? as a tank alot of times the boss gets cluttered with different spells and it makes tanks life hard because you cant see the bosses animation with all the effects going on. Love what the team is making this game into!
  • When a city is destroyed. Do we lose our property ownership? Or is there a grace period to reclaim your land once it's been rebuilt.
    Is it just a hard reset with all rights needing to be redistributed for homesteads / land ownership for that node?
  • SolunaSoluna Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Not rlly a question but just wanted to mention that Margaret always looks sooo pretty in every livestream!! :open_mouth: But ofc I do like all of you guys! <3 Stay healthy and keep up the hype!

EDIT: I actually have a question: Last info I got was that the game won´t have raytracing?! Any chance you might change your decision here? Raytracing would be awesome to have!!
    Soluna_signature.png
  • AssiniboiaAssiniboia Member
    edited July 2020
    A second question. I have been engaged in reading a thread on corruption. I applaud the system because nothing is more frustrating than being griefed by someone just running around farming PK kills. It’s a super toxic experience.

I feel like the current information is a bit opaque. I accept (and love) the risk that I’ll occasionally be attacked and killed in the world. That’s cool. And the idea to partake in PvP or Pacifism is amazing; because this suggests that a player must strategically decide when to earn corruption and when to pass up the opportunity.

However, I also understand concerns by players who see being in the red as an indefensible position. RE: they cannot defend themselves from green players without incurring greater corruption.

So, my question, will a single player kill make the character who committed the killing blow a “red” player?

It would seem to me that a strong system would be something like a %-based 100 point system. Each player has up to 100 Corruption, but only becomes a “red” player after they pass 10% or 15%, so strategic kills don’t create instantly vicious counter-play (except maybe from the player who was PKed) and offers time to reduce that minor corruption back to 0. I’m assuming that a PK would also have a value above 1, maybe 5? That means that a red player has two strikes...

Green for non-combantant and Purple for active combatant –– consent-based PvP.
    Yellow for Minor Corruption. Orange for Corrupted. Red for Criminal/Evil –– unethical PK PvP.

This may also limit the potential power of Bounty Hunters. Maybe there would be no real benefit for hunting a player in the Yellow, only in Orange or Red.
  • BeyondBeyond Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I have a question related to action house or shops for players?

In some MMO, when you add an item to sell on a marked board , all the time is beeing undercut by other players, for a price worthy of it, say for example 1.000.000 gold, gows down to 500.000 gold or less. is there somehow a way to avoid this .
    mmD0muf.png

Heroes of Many Expeditions || EU || Exploration Oriented
    Guild Website || Guild forum post

• Was at work, couldn't watch. :neutral:
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    Edited OP with video link!

But here it is as well! <3

https://youtu.be/vI8DDBX7hD0
    marketing.gif
  • Elibrious wrote: »
    Nielsen wrote: »
    i have a question towards the caravan system, it was stated that when you kill a monster it'll drop some kind of certificate, my question is: what will make players use the caravan system instead of travel from a city to another with small amounts of certificate, or the player will have that option?

The whole reason is for community development. If you use the caravan system then it increases relations with the place that you go to and it goes to your nodes progression AND i believe in order for the certificates to be worth more, they have to be sold from the caravan from a distant place. So if you just show up with them, I don't think their price will be increased. I could be wrong though. That is what I understood from talks about it.

Plus you will want to use the caravan system because they have given examples of carrying loads will be vastly different. A person could carry 100 units, your pack mule can carry 1000 units, but the caravan can carry 10000. So, yes you "could" run from town A to town B with your goods 1000 times or you could just do 1 caravan.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Edited OP with video link!

But here it is as well! <3

https://youtu.be/vI8DDBX7hD0

Kill it with Balefire
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I do have a fear that using family teleport to other cities will be fast tracking trading through inventory rather than using the transit system. If i can travel halfway across the world why journey for 2 hours with risk?
  • Hello, AoC team. Amazing video, as always! Thank you very much for sharing so many amazing things with us, all the progress in content is unbeliveable.

And as always, I have a few questions on my mind. Starting off with the weapon holding. I can see in the gameplay footage, that the characters are holding their weapons 100% of the time. Will this get worked on so that the characters will have their swords/wands/bows etc. sheathed? It kind of looks funny, as you show the swimming in game, that the character is actually swiming while waving the sword around like it's nobody's business... underwater. :D I know that making the sheath NOT dissapear when the sword is being used is probably not that easy, but still... Would be amazing.
    Also, if there is going to be fighting underwater, will their be a breath status and underwater debuff for less power and such? It would make sense, so that is why I am asking. Especially if there is going to be dungeons, guild ship battles and so on. Another thing is, I cannot imagine playing as a mage and firing a fire based spell underwater and not feeling wierd about it. I always did in other games. It looks unbeliveably stupid, as if other games didn't even think about that and neglected the fact that it makes no sense. There should be something like "No effect underwater" on the fire type spells" and something like "+ 25%< damage/effect/duration underwater" on water or wind based spells, if there will be any. Also, warrior type characters should probably have different auto attack animations, something like heavier, slower swings that pack almost the same power. Rogues should be agile enough to be on the same efficiency underwater just as on land. And last, archer type characters should be reminded that basic attacking (firing a normal arrow) DOES NOT WORK underwater and they should be able to fire only magic-imbued arrows or special skills that pack a bigger punch. Which would absolutely make ALL the sea battles more thought-through, because there will HAVE to be some strategic element involved, if that was the case. It would just feel amazingly natural (especially the archer part), and way better done than in other games, which is what we are pretty much expecting from AoC -> to be made 100x better than other games :D
    All the monsters look absolutely amazing! Can't wait to play a Necromancer and tame my own neon-glowing spider and use it as a mount. If that doesn't work, I'm not playin'! :P Jk, but still. They look amazing!

I'm just spitting out ideas, feel free to ignore... :'D
  • Love the GameDev streams!<3
  • This is one of the first times I've seen any game play. Love the stunning visuals with the particle effects, keep up the good work guys!
  • MarkytarkMarkytark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will AOE spells work in terms of PvP(is, dropping aoe on a mob and another player runs into it). Perhaps you can’t start pvp with an AOE spell?
    Have you given thought or played through the event a popular streamer joins a server and if that will throw off the balance in that world?
  • EradalEradal Member
    edited August 2020
    When can we see all the assets in high fidelity of every race, base/primary archetypes, & combined primary/secondary archetype?

We've seen some of the combinations and they looked fantastic. We've also seen some lower quality assets of the racial emblems. But can we just get all of them! Would be awesome. Maybe even a live stream of a designer going through creating of them if they aren't finished. So far the UI ability icons, racial emblems, and combination archetype emblems look absolutely incredible by the way.

Thanks!
    I was born in the Pyrian royal family of Eradal.

https://Twitch.tv/Eradal
    https://Twitter.com/Eradal_

OC9k.gif

• shakaconshakacon Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have two questions.
    1) If your Freehold is destroyed during the 2 hours after a successful siege, what do you lose specifically? (Example: 20% of raw goods, 15% of crafted goods, 20% of tamed mounts in your stable, etc.)

2) If you are moving your goods on a Caravan and it is successfully attacked by raiders, what do you lose specifically?
    (Example: 20% of raw goods, 15% of crafted goods like armor and weapons you were delivering to be sold, etc.)

Thank you so very much for giving us the opportunity to ask our questions. :smiley: