Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

1235»

Comments

• remirolremirol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was 48 years old when I purchased the Braver of Worlds package on Kickstarter. I'm almost in my mid 50's now. I visit the site every 8 or 12 months and this is my yearly visit. Are you concerned that your player base will all be dead long before you actually launch the game? ;)
  • SorfSorf Member
    Will the location of Divine Gateways and nodes change location on release, or is the map layout we'll see throughout testing going to be the final layout of Verra?
    w9aa773ktwxd.gif
  • Can you please have Steven touch on his plans for the Graphics for Weapon enchantments. One of my favorite features of MMO's that I've played, are the ability to make your weapons Glow, and shine, and drip blood based on what enchantments you have. Too many MMO's drop the ball when it comes to these graphical effects. Thank you so much.
  • I really like the UI. The buttons are a comfortable size und the visuals are clean. I hope this trend keeps going.
  • A friend posed this question to me as I was trying to induct another into the Ashes cult and it was a pretty good one. How are you going to make it so that crafters are important or at least viable compared to gatherers and processors in the early game? (for example: an over saturation of iron swords in the market)

This was actually answered in one of the previous streams. The lower tier items will also be material components for higher tier items. Like to make a high tier sword you'd require a basic iron sword as part of the construction.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

@Vesono (question), @MrWorldWide45 (question), @Vorkosagin (question), @Stonewing (question), @Gathoderiz (question), @Balrog21 (questions 1,2,3), @Saturn Aurora (question), @Baneful (question), @Tergolive (questions 1,2), @ELRYNO (question), @Birthday (questions 1,2, 3) @ashone (question), @keyframe (question), @Gizmow (question), @insomnia (question), @xVexX (questions 1,2,3), @Sarevok (question), @Solr (question) - Please only post one question next time as requested, and if you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!

@KingdomOfAsh (question), @Hjerim (question) -The monster coin system, siege system and horde mode are still, at the moment, currently planned to be in the game :) As for when these systems will be added, we have no announced timeline!

@KRissCHu (question) - You can expect many more mounts in the future. The animal husbandry system should allow for some unique creations and alterations as well! You can read more about animal husbandry here, on the wiki! :)

@Snekkers (question), @SunScript (question) - Stay tuned to learn more about weapons and combat as we progress further into development :)

@Big Banana (question) - We're always looking at the latest technology to see what would make sense for our team to implement!

@RE40RGED (question) - Steven and the team can't speak on behalf of other developers. As for us, developing on console and PC is different in many ways. Including market, development and coding. We've chosen PC/Windows but may consider developing for consoles in the future! :)

@boshean (question), @Eriy (question), @Kamik (question), @Azthra (question), @Halfdan (question), @SirChancelot (question), @Schwann36 (question) - Stay tuned for for more information about archetypes and classes as we progress further in development :)

@Baneful Tiger (question) - We do currently have plans for a companion app :) Not long ago we did Guild Gathering series on this subject. You can read what players felt on this subject here :)

@Eltharius the Prime (question) - We know emotes are important to our players and there are currently plans to have plenty of emotes for our players to engage with :) you can read more about emotes here, on the wiki!

@Neurotoxin (question) - In terms of gameplay, there are no plans to have different races literally see the world differently than one another! Stay tuned for more infromation on lore as we progress further in development. :)

@ChaosCatalyst (question) - Player run stalls, personal shops, and auction houses that enable buying from and selling to other players are a planned feature of Ashes of Creation :) You can read more about it here, on the wiiki! :)

@ghostxx (question) - Stay tuned for more information on systems such as guild and merchant systems as we progress further in development :)

@BurningEmbers1 (question) - There are no such plans ;)

@Vertus (question) - We plan to make adjustments to the weighting on capes and cloth in the future. This is something that is still under development. 😊

@Logan Snow (question) - Stay tuned for more information on UI, including raid UI, as we progress further in development :)

@Obamba (question) - We would love to have the character creator in the hands of our players as soon as it is complete and ready :)

@234Graph (question) - There is a possibility that these options will be available in the character creator :) As for sub races, we shall have to wait and see!

@JayGeL44 (question) - There will be Underrealm nodes, which like any other nodes can change according to play influence :) You can read more about underrealm nodes here, on the wiki!

@Arthianne (question) - A few of us here at Intrepid played and enjoyed Lost Ark. Personally, I love that Lost Ark has a passionate playerbase and community that love playing the game. That's what I also love about Ashes of Creation and I hope it continues after we've launched the game!

@RazThemun (question) - Make sure to watch our upcoming development update livestream on Thursday March 31 at 11AM Pacific to find out! You can also watch our previous development update livestreams here, on our YouTube channel!

@Caez (question) - We will have systems in place for new players to help them understand the game. In fact, we did a Dev Discussion to collect feedback on this topic. If you'd like to read what other players wanted out of a new player experience, you can do so here!

@DynastyLife (question), @zaayr (question), @GrilledCheeseMojito (question), @Hutchy1989 (question), @Garren (question), @Frameen (question), @Sago65 (question) - Stay tuned for more information on artisan classes as we progress further in development :)

@Raar (question) - We do not have any plans on changing how we release cosmetics at this point in time. The cosmetics released in our monthly pre-order packages may have minor edits made to them as we create the set in-game, but we do try our best to stick to the concept art! <3

@Ozijak (question), @Maouii (question) - No immediate update on merch, but I can tell you that the team is hard at work on merch :)

@Szaas (question), @SpaceWolf (question) - Stay tuned for more information regarding augments as we progress further in development :)

@Justvine (question) - In the past, Steven mentioned that some seasonal changes will have a direct affect on some artisan classes. Such as farming in winter. Other profressions will have less direct affects from seasonal changes, such as different paths around a nodes ZOI opening up, or water freezing and locking behind it different resources, for example! You can learn more about this here :)

@CountPips (question) - I totally understand. I also can't wait to play Ashes of Creation! I reccomend hiking or checking out the cool IRL places you can explore while you wait to explore the world of Verra ;)

@Woar (question), @Lethanel (question) - Stay tuned for more information on the Tulnar and the Underrealm as we progress further in development :)

@Magic Man (question) - Synchronized dancing is a feature we'd love to implement into Ashes of Creation :) You can learn more on what was said on this topic in the past here, on a previous livestream :)

@Frosty_Thundertrod (question) - There will be many different types of cosmetics and gear appearances in the final game! ^_^

@Hjalmberi (question) - The game mechanics are designed to prevent this from happening :) For example, players are incentivezed to work with other nodes/players within other regions for resources that limiting themselves to one node would prevent them from otherwise obtaining.

@Ullinn (question) - You can think of these monthly development update livestreams as our "progress bar" ;) each month we show you progress we've made and things we're working on! Make sure to stay tuned to our socials to stay in the loop on these monthly development update livestreams :)

@meedx (question) - All of our players, from now to after the release of Ashes of Creation, are entilted to give us feedback! We love hearing and gathering your thoughts ^_^

@YeOldeSmith (question) - Steven enjoys many, many boardgames and TTRPGs :)

@Azellium (question) - Welcome! And ty for your question ;) 80% of the dungeons and raids in Ashes of Creation will be open world, and therfore will be difficult for solo-play. of the 20% of dungeons that are instanced, some will be tuned for solo/small groups and some will be intended for our 8-player group sizes :) You can learn more about dungeons here, on the wiki! ^_^

@zizitop (question) - Hi! Thank you so much for your questions. However, in order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)!
    You can also share your thoughts and ideas in the General Discussion section of the forum! We will also support other languages ​​on the forums soon :)

(machine translated) Привет! Большое спасибо за ваши вопросы. Тем не менее, чтобы ответить на множество вопросов нашего сообщества, пожалуйста, задайте всего ОДИН вопрос ниже, и чем более прямым и кратким, тем лучше (подумайте, одно или два предложения)!
    Вы также можете поделиться своими мыслями и идеями в разделе «Общие обсуждения» на форуме! Мы также скоро будем поддерживать другие языки на форумах :)

@xR1ku (question) - Individual classes will be balanced using the trinity class system group dynamics in mind. You can read more about balancing here, on the wiki!

@PanthuXD (question) - Fishing will be engaging and won't be AFK fishing. You can read more about fishing here, on the wiki :) Stay tuned for more information regarding artisan classes as we progress further in development :)

@Kika (question) - Instances are intended for story-driven experiences rather than grindable, progression or gear based gameplay. You can learn more about instances here, on the wiki!

@Niya (question) - Through the animal husbandry system, you'll be able to keep horses relevant

@Gremwith (question) - We will be supporting ultrawide monitors for Ashes of Creation :)

@LeviathanSummoner (question) - Players will be able to create characters on any server. There will be no region locking outside of harmonized regions!

@Emberstone (question) - Darkness as an environmental obstacle is being considered as part of the game mechanics :) Stay tuned to learn more on this as we progress further in developemnt!

@Tyranthraxus (question) - There will be many buildings and building types with different windows and window types in Ashes of Creation :)

@Azrial (question), @Azherae (question), @ItsFayne (question), @captivated (question), @George_Black (question), @DougBug27 (question), @akatosh, @xillin (question 1,2), @SongRune (question), @-T0Mb- (question), @mfckingjoker (question), - Good news! Your questions were answered on stream :) make sure to check out the VOD on our YouTube channel in case you missed it live ^_^

@Lashing (question), @Threather (question), @horendis (question), @Nullsan (question), @Goalid (question), - You had some great questions that were also chosen at random, but we couldn't get to! We'd love it if you asked these questions again for next months live stream Q&A!
    community_management.gif
  • 👀 https://youtu.be/z_PasE-_W6M

We are extremely excited to give you a first look into the Ashes of Creation Alpha Two Character Creator! This 4K video is just a taste of what's to come!

---
    Updated the OP as well. ;)
    marketing.gif
  • SorfSorf Member
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

Hey, just wondering was my question on forum too late for an answer

w9aa773ktwxd.gif
  • I did only post one question. Maybe you should read my post again
  • Full livestream video is now up on our YouTube channel! 🙌🏽🎉
    https://youtu.be/J_1q7Djv-Lw

(Edited the OP to include the video as well. ;) )
    marketing.gif
    Sorf wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering was my question on forum too late for an answer

Unfortunately, it was :( our Q&A cutoff is 48 hours prior to the start of the livestream :)

I encourage you to drop your question next month during our next livestream Q&A ^_^
    community_management.gif
    insomnia wrote: »
    I did only post one question. Maybe you should read my post again

Hi @insomnia :)

What I had said to you was, "... If you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!"

Going back and looking at your question, your explanation for the question is a bit lengthy. I wasn't able to effectively break it down for you. For the next Q&A, I'd love to see this wrapped into one or two succinct sentences/one question. Thank you! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Can’t wait to actually get ahold of this. Any Idea on if it’ll be free or subscription based??
  • Wanheda84Wanheda84 Member, Alpha One
    Wow the character editor turned out very well. <3
    OmanBuddha wrote: »
    Can’t wait to actually get ahold of this. Any Idea on if it’ll be free or subscription based??

Ashes of Creation will be a subscription-based model with an in-game, NO P2W cosmetics store :)
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »

What I had said to you was, "... If you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!"

Going back and looking at your question, your explanation for the question is a bit lengthy. I wasn't able to effectively break it down for you. For the next Q&A, I'd love to see this wrapped into one or two succinct sentences/one question. Thank you! ^_^

Yeah. I released that after. I'll try to make it more precise and shorter
    Vaknar wrote: »

Yeah. I released that after. I'll try to make it more precise and shorter

Awesome! I look forward to it!!
    community_management.gif
  • Are you considering any plans for AoC and the blockchain in any way? Are you open-minded to anything with the blockchain or is it a no-go space?
  • CrimsonScarsCrimsonScars Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello, I wanted to know if summoner/ranger will be able to collect rare summons/companions, whether that be in the form of a raid boss like summon or a unique elite animal companion that you would need to tame in the wild.