Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Ashen Forge 100th episode with Steven - You have any questions?

Comments

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Abarat wrote: »
    At what point will Dygz stop playing the game?

will it be Beta 2? or the live launch? It is such a mystery. he has stated SO MANY TIMES that he will not play the game, I am just curious at what point it will come into effect? Looking forward to insight on this . If you need any references into the MANY MANY times he has committed to not playing the live version of this game, just let me know. I don't want this to be interpreted as a personal attack, which is sometimes enforced as an offence worthy of banning at certain times on this forum, I would NEVER do that (again), it is just an honest question about something that appears to make absolutely no sense in reality to me.

I guarantee you they already know he said this. It was the most talked about thing on here and discord for days and days. Hilarious that it still stings some people.
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    What is the max number of processing stations you can have in a freehold? or what is the total number of buildings you can have?

I had already planned to ask this is I can ☺️
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    Fantmx wrote: »

will it be Beta 2? or the live launch? It is such a mystery. he has stated SO MANY TIMES that he will not play the game, I am just curious at what point it will come into effect? Looking forward to insight on this . If you need any references into the MANY MANY times he has committed to not playing the live version of this game, just let me know. I don't want this to be interpreted as a personal attack, which is sometimes enforced as an offence worthy of banning at certain times on this forum, I would NEVER do that (again), it is just an honest question about something that appears to make absolutely no sense in reality to me.

I guarantee you they already know he said this. It was the most talked about thing on here and discord for days and days. Hilarious that it still stings some people.

Then Steven should ask him. When? When will he bow out? if this is such a widely known issue, why is it a question? i find it hilarious that people who are not the intended customers of this game get such attention. It is offensive to those of us that have legit concerns, I guess. That is how i feel.

I find it hilarious that someone who is not interested in this game would spend so much time promoting it. i find it hilarious that a person who has stated they will NEVER play the live version of the game is given platform to talk about it.

I dont get it. I just hope Steven does. My experience is such that I think Steven does get it. This interview may not go the way you are thinking. Looking forward to watching it.
  • Options
    Fantmx wrote: »
    Ask Steven why casuals will play his game ;)
  • Options
    How will taunts work with action camera in pvp.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    While understanding there will be more of a balance in group PvP and not so much 1v1 class pvp balancing. Will there still possibly be balancing in the case that one or 2 class builds VASTLY pull ahead in PvP on their own? It'd be a shame to have any single class completely overshadow the rest in Open world PvP.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    ask my question thooo, its important so i can set up my family for alpha 2!!!!!!
  • Options
    ValorinthValorinth Member
    edited July 2023
    There are some concerns that have been brought up with the current guild spec system. For larger guilds, given that guild caps are extremely limited upon launch, having to split up our group into 10 different guilds becomes really frustrating for managing our group. There are also concerns with guilds that spec into combat buffs always having the advantage in a fight with even amounts of players on both sides, which seems to encourage zerging, and/or encourage large guilds to keep themselves in multiple smaller guilds to take advantage of this buff. Neither of these seem like a good option of trying to tackle the problem that is zerging and overall it seems to be a very inconvenient system. What would you think of having all guilds be set to a max cap of lets say 500 (just a number thrown out there), then having a system in place that would buff smaller groups in PvP when facing a zerg.
    Stag_Head_Signature6.png?width=814&height=363
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Spots tests roadmap.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Excited for the show!

I'm going to pin this thread since we only posted the announcement on Twitter/FB ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you get time can you ask if you can get citizenship from a Node Inn Room please?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    Most likely, shortly after live launch.
    I'll continue to test during beta. Especiall, since I have friends working on Ashes.

Between 2013 and 2021, I was expecting that World of Warcraft was too repetitive to entice me to play again.
    Seemed like they would have to make a WoW 2.0 first. But, I'm greatly enjoying Dragonflight and that adequately scratches my MMORPG itch. So, I really have no need of another MMORPG at this point.
    I can happily play on a PvE-Only server.

Right now, while Fantm and Tsagh and I are playing Diablo IV, I log into Dragonheir every day for about 10 minutes. I get my daily rewards for login. I might do a couple quick arena battles (6 minutes total). I might do a couple of commission quests (8 minutes total).

Typically when I play MMORPGs, I play 2-8 hours or more per day.
    But... I don't play MMORPGs like EvE Online, Archeage or Lineage II.
    And, since Ashes is designed for gamers who enjoy those games, I don't expect to be playing those games.
    I'm more likely to be playing Pax Dei - if it's available when Ashes is live.
    I'm also way more likely to pop into Palia for 20 minutes to help Fantm and Neuro with their farms than I am to pop into Ashes for 20 minutes to help them with their Freeholds.
    I'm also more likely to play New World than I am to play Ashes - if New World is still live when Ashes is live.

I have no interest in playing MMORPGs that have only one server type with permanent zones that auto-flag players for PvP when you enter them. Probably also not particularly interested in spending much time Crafting on a Freehold that is open to PvP, where the PvPers, like Steven, expect the solution is you can try to run into your house if you want to avoid PvP.

I was always skeptical about enticing casual PvErs to play on the same servers as hardcore PvPers - with no PvE-Only server. Corruption was offered as a viable solution... and I was willing to suspend judgement until I test to see how much of a deterent Corruption is. But, that was when Corruption was active in every zone.
    Now that there are permanent zones where Corruption is not a factor, I don't need to test to know that Ashes is not a game I want to play. It's not designed to make my playstyle feel comfortable.
    And that is OK. I don't have to play every MMORPG.
    And I can be happy for hardcore PvPers to have a game that is designed for them.
    I tested a bunch of Call of Duty games when I worked for Activision - I have never played them once they released. And I have no problem testing games my friends are working on, even if I won't play them when they release. Also, I want to support the dev team while they develop concepts like Nodes, so that they can more quickly implements similar systems in future MMORPGs - hopefully ones that are not as PvP-centric as Ashes.

Dunno why any of that doesn't make sense.
    Part of being a carebear is caring about other people (players and devs).
    I can still care about and support the success of a game for a variety of reasons - even if I have no interest in playing it at launch.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited July 2023
    Dygz wrote: »

CJGtjE9.jpg
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Steven should ask him. When? When will he bow out? if this is such a widely known issue, why is it a question? i find it hilarious that people who are not the intended customers of this game get such attention. It is offensive to those of us that have legit concerns, I guess. That is how i feel.

I find it hilarious that someone who is not interested in this game would spend so much time promoting it. i find it hilarious that a person who has stated they will NEVER play the live version of the game is given platform to talk about it.

I dont get it. I just hope Steven does. My experience is such that I think Steven does get it. This interview may not go the way you are thinking. Looking forward to watching it.
    I don't want to waste a lot of time talking about this during the livestream - but I am hoping to touch on it briefly.

I get attention from Steven because we were one of the first shows to cover Ashes of Creation.
    I am typically very active in the forums. And, I am the co-host who took the time to travel to PAX-East to speak with Steven in person. Twice, I think.
    Also, I met Margaret almost 10 years ago when she worked for SOE and we were covering EQNext.
    I already have a great rapport with both of them - as do Fantm and Neuro.
    Typically, I am the co-host who will reach out to Steven or Margaret to see if we can get a question answered or to see if Steven or some other dev is avaliable to join us on the show.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "legit concern" as opposed to a "non-legit concern", but...
    When I direct messaged forum posters to ask them what they would like me to ask Steven, I included some people who I typically argue with.
    The questions I ask Steven are not only my concerns - I always make it a point to include concerns that I don't share.

No interest in PLAYING the game is not the same thing as no interest in the success of the game.
    I expect this interview will go as well as our previous interviews have.
  • Options
    When is the Tulnar full body reveal?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    Schmuky wrote: »
    When is the Tulnar full body reveal?
    Yes. This question is already early on my list of questions.
    😜👍🏾

• Options
    Will certain "Instanced Apartments" come with land where you can have a small farm?

Like the little pieces of yard out back in New World, except actually useable.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are we going to be able to cook custom made dishes to feed our animals? because our clan has a nasty little critter we named Babayaga and he only calms down when we feed him Pickled cheese curds with mayonnaise and peanut butter on sandwiches. We also need to make sure not to feed him after midnight.. cause.. ya know...
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • Options
    TrUSivrajTrUSivraj Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For Ui customization, will it be possible to change the colors of our health and mana bars, as well as the colors of texts/chat boxes? If this was answered in your mini ui update months ago, apologies. :>
    Future Falconer, Top 1% PvPer and owner of Big and Beautiful Homesteads
    lnx3t1v8o8r9.png
  • Options
    Psycho-PhobicPsycho-Phobic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    Shipbuilding. It seems like it was subtly omitted with the recent reveal of Arcane Engineering. Has Shipbuilding been fractured and injected into various other applicable professions? How has the vision of Shipbuilding changed, if at all, and will that affect Freehold crafting?
    "Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions."
    Join the mercenary guild [Suspect]: https://discord.gg/cjhXVKUAS7
    rf4nidmz2cxl.png
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    Will fisheries only be available in Coastal freeholds?
    Or will Coastal freeholds allow for saltwater fisheries as opposed to freshwater fisheries inland?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Leolouch Vi BritanniaLeolouch Vi Britannia Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What implementations do you have in mind when it comes to the defense of a freehold after a failed siege? similar to the upgrade trees we saw will there be a defense tree or some other way for a player to add defenses? whether this be walls or npcs that fight, and how difficult do you see a freehold being to attack. ie a base level freehold taking say a party of 5-10 level 50s while a maxxed out one could require a full raid due to the tankiness/dmg of the defenses
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Steven should ask him. When? When will he bow out? if this is such a widely known issue, why is it a question? i find it hilarious that people who are not the intended customers of this game get such attention. It is offensive to those of us that have legit concerns, I guess. That is how i feel.

I don't want to waste a lot of time talking about this during the livestream - but I am hoping to touch on it briefly.

I get attention from Steven because we were one of the first shows to cover Ashes of Creation.
    I am typically very active in the forums. And, I am the co-host who took the time to travel to PAX-East to speak with Steven in person. Twice, I think.
    Also, I met Margaret almost 10 years ago when she worked for SOE and we were covering EQNext.
    I already have a great rapport with both of them - as do Fantm and Neuro.
    Typically, I am the co-host who will reach out to Steven or Margaret to see if we can get a question answered or to see if Steven or some other dev is avaliable to join us on the show.

I'm not sure what constitutes a "legit concern" as opposed to a "non-legit concern", but...
    When I direct messaged forum posters to ask them what they would like me to ask Steven, I included some people who I typically argue with.
    The questions I ask Steven are not only my concerns - I always make it a point to include concerns that I don't share.

No interest in PLAYING the game is not the same thing as no interest in the success of the game.
    I expect this interview will go as well as our previous interviews have.

All joking aside. I trust you to do a stand up interview. All of the Theory Forge guys. I would like it better if you loved the game, but I do agree you will do a good (professional) job.
  • Options
    BotagarBotagar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Might have already been asked but I'll raise it anyway...

What *exactly* is a freehold "parcel" of land.
  • Options
    I want to know if Steven sees Ashes of Creation an interesting game experience if no PvP would happen at all, by player choice, encouraged / enforced by a very powerful guild controlling the entire server.
    By guild I mean the already existing guilds on discord, not the in-game guilds.
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pretty Simple One:
    Are things still on track, time wise for Alpha2 per your internal schedule?
  • Options
    I want to thank everyone for your questions. Across all sites we had a ton of great questions sent in. We do unfortunately only get an hour or so with Steven. We will do our very best to add in as many community questions as possible. You will also find that for several of your questions, we had already planned to ask them.

For those of you that have not watched us before we do take more of a conversational approach rather than a strict interview, so who knows where we will end up. :smiley:

We will see you all tomorrow!
  • Options
    What implementations do you have in mind when it comes to the defense of a freehold after a failed siege? similar to the upgrade trees we saw will there be a defense tree or some other way for a player to add defenses? whether this be walls or npcs that fight, and how difficult do you see a freehold being to attack. ie a base level freehold taking say a party of 5-10 level 50s while a maxxed out one could require a full raid due to the tankiness/dmg of the defenses

We will be able to hire NPCs to fight for us and build structures as well per the wiki.
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Will fisheries only be available in Coastal freeholds?
    Or will Coastal freeholds allow for saltwater fisheries as opposed to freshwater fisheries inland?

That is a great question about salt water fisheries. We know that fisheries are blueprints like any other processing or crafting station so they should be placeable in any freehold but not sure about the saltwater vs fresh water.