Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why not offer 2v2 Arenas?

Comments

• Options
    I find you adorable aswell mister WoW arena player. :D
    Point still stands
    1v1 is confirmed and 2v2 isn't. <3

Anything can change, they might add it
    Might not
    Guess we will find out on game day after how long this game takes to come out
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Pyrolol wrote: »
    Point still stands

Might not

I mean, if your arguments are anything to go by, all it has done is galvanized Intrepids intent with the options they have.

if you want to affect change, you need to put up a good argument - you have not. Your argument bassically boils down to "but I prefer 2v2 to 1v1".
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Point still stands

Might not

I mean, if your arguments are anything to go by, all it has done is galvanized Intrepids intent with the options they have.

if you want to affect change, you need to put up a good argument - you have not. Your argument bassically boils down to "but I prefer 2v2 to 1v1".

2v2 will be more enjoyable then 1v1 because you will have someone along side you to fight with, whether it be a random, friend, sibling or whatever. This opens up an opportunity to create strategies when versing teams.

having a second gives you the opportunity to chain up big dps moves, cc abilities and have an advantage to your team with the use of communication and coordination

Far more rewarding then going in solo and hoping for the best with just kiting or zerging and praying etc

Secondly, how will healers cope in a 1v1? In 2v2 they will be top pick as the most common was healer/dps however, with the option of a 2v2 it gives the double dps a chance to compete and get just as high as the healer/dps comps you verse especially higher elo, it also creates shorter games compared.

As OP stated, most commonly you play games with a friend, and sometimes waiting for that 3rd player to log on can take up a bit of time so having 2v2 to warm up and practice synergizing with

Rated 1v1 would only be fun for a handful of specs, 2v2 atleast gives every class a chance to compete together in this bracket

How was that?

rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    How was that?
    Everything you are saying a 2v2 can do, so too can a 3v3.

If 2v2 is more enjoyable because you have a random, friend, sibling or whatever with you, 3v3 is even better because you have two of them with you.

As for how well healers will do, well, that is yet to be seen. However, since healers can always opt to take a DPS secondary, and DPS can always opt to take a healer secondary, these things are minor discussion points at best - and are more a matter of intrigue, rather than something to consider in relation to game design.
  • Options
    How was that?

If 2v2 is more enjoyable because you have a random, friend, sibling or whatever with you, 3v3 is even better because you have two of them with you.

As for how well healers will do, well, that is yet to be seen. However, since healers can always opt to take a DPS secondary, and DPS can always opt to take a healer secondary, these things are minor discussion points at best - and are more a matter of intrigue, rather than something to consider in relation to game design.

Not true at all, for 3v3 and even 5v5 having an all dps team was by sure a fail, once you survive the burst it was pretty much a free win

The only time an all dps team was able to climb the ladder was literally in 2v2

Secondly, you missed some of my big points
    Like the fact only certain meta specs, classes will dominate.

2v2 just made it so everyone can compete and have a more even playing field and more enjoyable type of arena

3v3 is completely different to 2v2 with having a healer & two dps comp
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    How was that?

Not true at all, for 3v3 and even 5v5 having an all dps team was by sure a fail, once you survive the burst it was pretty much a free win

The only time an all dps team was able to climb the ladder was literally in 2v2

Secondly, you missed some of my big points
    Like the fact only certain meta specs, classes will dominate.

2v2 just made it so everyone can compete and have a more even playing field and more enjoyable type of arena

3v3 is completely different to 2v2 with having a healer & two dps comp

You realize, I assume, that the meta of a game is different based on the game, right?

While it may well be true that a combination of roles dominates in one type of arena in one game, that does not mean they will dominate in that same type of arena in another game.

In Ashes, it is very possible that a 5v5 could be won by DPS - especially if that DPS all take tank or healer secondary classes.
  • Options
    /Support any #v#, honestly.

• Options
    Taiphee wrote: »
    The arena is not a 1v1 thing or 3v3, 5v5 but a 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man free-for-all deathmatch according to the wiki

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas

Man you guys are still arguing 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The arena is not a 1v1 thing or 3v3, 5v5 but a 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man free-for-all deathmatch according to the wiki

bruh

350px-partysize.png
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    edited March 2022

Why not
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options

What even is a 1 man deathmatch?
  • Options

You verse yaself 😂
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options

bruh

350px-partysize.png

I see
  • Options

Free for all deathmatch.... Group of people killing each other without a team, 2 man team of 2, 3 man team of 3
  • Options
    TaipheeTaiphee Member
    edited March 2022

☺️
  • Options
    ☺️

Can just do that in world pvp 🥰
    Arena will be where it shines 😉
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    2v2 and 3v3 should be the main focus, with separate ranking. 5v5, why not, but I know I will not enjoy it personally. For me, world PvP and 2v2 are kings because I don’t have many active friends.

So basically, WoW did arena really good, just copy the system: ditch 1v1 arenas, separate ranking for 2v2 and 3v3 to climb, and instead of looting gear, loot tokens with which we can buy gear.

This is what community wants, they will listen, don’t worry folks. After all, they cannot ignore the most popular arena mode ever, for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Steven would certainly ditch the already stated 1v1 arenas, the arena mode present in both game he draws the most inspiration from.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Astronaute wrote: »
    2v2 and 3v3 should be the main focus, with separate ranking. 5v5, why not, but I know I will not enjoy it personally. For me, world PvP and 2v2 are kings because I don’t have many active friends.

So basically, WoW did arena really good, just copy the system: ditch 1v1 arenas, separate ranking for 2v2 and 3v3 to climb, and instead of looting gear, loot tokens with which we can buy gear.

This is what community wants, they will listen, don’t worry folks. After all, they cannot ignore the most popular arena mode ever, for whatever reason.

You are assuming the arena in Ashes and in WoW have the same goals.

In WoW, the arena was designed to be "the" competitive PvP aspect for the whole game. For Ashes, it is a side attraction.
  • Options

In WoW, the arena was designed to be "the" competitive PvP aspect for the whole game. For Ashes, it is a side attraction.

Sometimes the side girl turns out better 😂
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I personally hope they keep all rewards out of arena. Make it bragging rights , title rewards and cosmetics only. Keep all the good stuff in the open world so it don't devolve into a lobby game like WoW.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    If you were in a 2v2, what classes/archetypes would your ideal 2v2 team consist of?
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Yeah, but at the end of the day you are still left with someone that thought it OK to have a side girl, and someone that thought it ok to be that side girl.

Such people deserve each other, and nothing better, as is the case for players that want to focus on the arena in Ashes.
  • Options

Yeah, but at the end of the day you are still left with someone that thought it OK to have a side girl, and someone that thought it ok to be that side girl.

Such people deserve each other, and nothing better, as is the case for players that want to focus on the arena in Ashes.

Jokes go way over your head ay
    You know what won’t be a joke if done right
    The arena
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    2v2 should be a thing. And btw, screw the balance, im happy if a rogue is better than a healer in PvP, making it fair and balanced for everyone ends up being boring and a dead game. It's better for roleplay in a game, if someone wants to be good at PvP they will go towards making a rogue, warrior or some damage mage, not some kind of cleric that is actually inmortal and does more dmage than a dps class. Let supports support, and tanks tank.
  • Options
    Jokes;

The arena

That is all I read.
  • Options
    Jokes;

The arena

That is all I read.

Ofcourse you did 😂
    Only someone who finds intense competitive arenas difficult would
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    Jokes;

The arena

That is all I read.

Ofcourse you did 😂

Difficult isn't the word.

Pointless - that would be closer.
  • Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    edited March 2022
    Jokes;

The arena

That is all I read.

Ofcourse you did 😂

Leaderboards, titles, cosmetics, rewards, competitive play, flexing
    Wouldn’t say pointless

If you care so little about the arena why you even on this thread?
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    Jokes;

The arena

That is all I read.

Ofcourse you did 😂

Leaderboards, titles, cosmetics, rewards, competitive play, flexing
    Wouldn’t say pointless

If you care so little about the arena why you even on this thread?

Well, no rewards, and in terms of competitive play it is nothing in comparison to open world competition.

Since I don't care about the rest (titles and cosmetics are literally meaningless, and I don't feel the need to flex at all), I stand by my statement.

But hey, if you're the kind of person that feels the need to flex that you participate in a secondary content type in an MMO, and brag about how well you think you are doing in it, have at it.

Just be aware that there will be people like me in the open world waiting for you, and we'll be putting that bragging to the test in real open world combat.