Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 12, 2017

Comments

• Will you guys have global announcements for being the first to claim something such as first boss victories, first dungeon clear, record beaters, epic item crafts, nodes, first metropolis, etc for players or guilds? Kinda to support identity in the game.
  • Will the node locations/types change from beta to release?
  • Would adding a 2% or less randomly generated(RNG) variation to the base stat or stats of all crafted/repaired(re-rolled variation on repair) and (mob)looted items be a feature that min-maxers can enjoy with the end game gear that the development team would consider for PvP(Excluding player controlled differences)? Also if not ""Why""?
  • A great game deserves 60 tick servers?
  • Can you tell us more about the housing. Will they have pre-determined hooks with little to no creativity or will we have full capability to create/build to our desire?
  • If I pay for the $25 pledge right now, can I add more money to that pledge and upgrade it?
  • I would like to know your specific plans for how Gathering works. What does it involve to become a Master Gatherer?
  • What is the nature of a summoners summons? Will be spectral, physical? What would it be like?
  • Can you say more about how guilds and their affiliation/association with a node?
    Will you be able to have a guild hall in multiple nodes for larger guilds or are guilds locked into association with a single node?
  • You've outlined the three aspects of the crafting system, gathering, processing and crafting (production) and how we will need to be selective in using the 3 points we are allotted.

Will there any provision for reallocating the points at some later time should we determine that we would prefer a different "career" so to speak?

Thanks,
    loboblanco
  • "Players can acquire the bounty hunter title through a quest available only to citizens of Military Stage 4 (Town) Node."

Does this mean players who live in others nodes wont be able to become bounty hunters? Will it be easy to change citizenship? and if a player moves to another node after becoming a bounty hunter do they retrain the ability to bounty hunt.? (assuming the node they moved to is not a level 4 plus military node)
  • "Players can acquire the bounty hunter title through a quest available only to citizens of Military Stage 4 (Town) Node."

Does this mean players who live in others nodes wont be able to become bounty hunters? Will it be easy to change citizenship? and if a player moves to another node after becoming a bounty hunter do they retrain the ability to bounty hunt.? (assuming the node they moved to is not a level 4 plus military node)

P.S. The forums need some work, posts don't always show up even after 5 plus tries sometimes.

P.S. The forums need some work, posts don't always show up even after 5 plus tries sometimes

P.S. The forums need some work, posts don't always show up even after 5 plus tries sometimes.
  • I am wanting more summoner information like FairyPinkett.

Here's my tongue twister question:
    How many summons will a summoner be able to summon if the summoner is a summoner/summoner?
  • You have mentioned doing some coding now to potentially help transition to consoles later. If that remains a goal could AoC have partial controller movement/hotkeys at release?
  • 1) Nodes / Sim City
    Node development/ growth appears dependent on the actions and paths of the players within. Will the evolution be more like as sim whereby if the development is not planned, and the actions by the players are not optimal (by choice or unforeseen action) the development may vary end metropolis results.

Some results favorable, and some not, leading to players moving to another node and/or a node degregating?

2) Resource Persistence
    Resource activities within game will include gathering of materials, hunting/fishing for items, and fishing.
    It was suggested that the environment will have finite quantities in areas that they will replenish over time.

Is it planned to include replenishing certain types of resources as minor professions.. ie Forest seeder, fish farmer, geologist or just a program controlled result?

3) Trade Routes
    The silkroad (sic) MMO had a similar idea, I believe, with the guarding / movement of caravans between cities that had to be attacked/defended.This is a great idea to create meaningful PVP events.

Will it be possible to move items between nodes solo as well and if so, under threat of pvp?

If able to do solo, what would incentivese someone to use the caravan rather than solo?

4) Seiges
    I believe that nodes will be able to use NPC for seiges.

Will there be a mechanic / mini-game so that the city leader can control the npcs (rather than fight first hand themselves) during a seige?
  • 1) Nodes / Sim City
    Node development/ growth appears dependent on the actions and paths of the players within. Will the evolution be more like as sim whereby if the development is not planned, and the actions by the players are not optimal (by choice or unforeseen action) the development may vary end metropolis results.

Some results favorable, and some not, leading to players moving to another node and/or a node degradation?

2) Resource Persistence
    Resource activities within game will include gathering of materials, hunting/fishing for items, and fishing.
    It was suggested that the environment will have finite quantities in areas that they will replenish over time.

Is it planned to include replenishing certain types of resources as minor professions.. ie Forest seeder, fish farmer, geologist or just a program controlled result?

3) Trade Routes
    The silkroad (sic) MMO had a similar idea, I believe, with the guarding / movement of caravans between cities that had to be attacked/defended.This is a great idea to create meaningful PVP events.

Will it be possible to move items between nodes solo as well and if so, under threat of pvp?

If able to do solo, what would incentivese someone to use the caravan rather than solo?

4) Sieges
    I believe that nodes will be able to use NPC for sieges.

Will there be a mechanic / mini-game so that the city leader can control the npcs (rather than fight first hand themselves) during a siege?
  • 1) Nodes / Sim City

Some results favorable, and some not, leading to players moving to another node and/or a node degradation?

2) Resource Persistence

3) Trade Routes

4) Sieges
    I believe that nodes will be able to use NPC for sieges.

Will there be a mechanic / mini-game so that the city leader can control the npcs (rather than fight first hand themselves) during a siege?
  • 1st question: If you die in a dungeon, can you respawn in the dungeon again or do you get thrown out of it? If you can't respawn in a dungeon again by yourself can your party member resurrect you or is this possibly cleric exlusive skill only?

2nd question: How does monster tagging work in AoC? Lets say you are soloing an world boss and you are about to die but so is the boss and some random player notices this. Is it worth it for him to come and help kill the boss?
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-12-2017/page/3/#post-21170">Nekros_666 wrote:</a></div>If I pay for the $25 pledge right now, can I add more money to that pledge and upgrade it?

</blockquote>

You can change your pledge anytime before the Kickstarter ends.
  • Is siege equipment craftable and usable everywhere, or will it just spawn when you initiate a siege on a node or fortress?
  • Like my friend Vokr, I'd like to know if the game will be translated to other languages. I know you'll have a strong fan base in Europe (French, German,...)
  • I'd like to know more about skills, along the lines of-

Will there be plentiful and cool looking combat and non-combat skills that all have use? (Perhaps ever expanding?)

This stems from MMOs like WoW and the like that have a very constricted amount of player skills, and often enough not all of those skills even have a worthwhile use on your rotation or outside of combat! Being able to throw lightning, fire, ice, etc as a mage to roughly the same effect is much more fun than just throwing fire and being done with it.

Thanks!
  • Will people be able to see the account name, or only character names?
    What support can we expect for Althaholics? Will the characters be completely seperate entities and have to level up EVERYTHING again if I decide to roll a second character?

What are naming restrictions? Will I be able to name my character ‘437’ or do I only have access to letters of the alphabet? If alphabet, does that include äæë etc? (Pls no, people mostly use those to get a character name that is already taken like shadownïnja.

Will every class be able to complete content solo? As a player looking at playing a Bard/Bard (Hit people with guitar), I fear having no ability to complete content solo that e.g. a mage or summoner could do easily.

What weapons are currently planned and are classes restricted to those for their abilities? Including instruments such as the drums or a one handed warhorn.

Edit: Also, about the latest strech goal: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)
    What support can we expect for Althaholics? Will the characters be completely seperate entities and have to level up EVERYTHING again if I decide to roll a second character?

What are naming restrictions? Will I be able to name my character ‘437’ or do I only have access to letters of the alphabet? If alphabet, does that include äæë etc? (Pls no, people mostly use those to get a character name that is already taken like shadownïnja.

Will every class be able to complete content solo? As a player looking at playing a Bard/Bard (Hit people with guitar), I fear having no ability to complete content solo that e.g. a mage or summoner could do easily.

What weapons are currently planned and are classes restricted to those for their abilities? Including instruments such as the drums or a one handed warhorn.

Also, about the latest strech goal: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)
  • 1. Will people be able to see the account name, or only character names?
    1. 2. What support can we expect for Althaholics? Will the characters be completely seperate entities and have to level up EVERYTHING again if I decide to roll a second character?

2. What are naming restrictions? Will I be able to name my character ‘437’ or do I only have access to letters of the alphabet? If alphabet, does that include äæë etc? (Pls no, people mostly use those to get a character name that is already taken like shadownïnja.

3. Will every class be able to complete content solo? As a player looking at playing a Bard/Bard (Hit people with guitar), I fear having no ability to complete content solo that e.g. a mage or summoner could do easily.

4. What weapons are currently planned and are classes restricted to those for their abilities? Including instruments such as the drums or a one handed warhorn.

The underground race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)

Underground race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)

About the underdark race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)

About the underground race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)