Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 12, 2017

1235»

Comments

• Options
    can we have some more information about freeholds and how we can acquire them and is there a limit to how many and where they can be placed out in the world
  • Options
    Question, can you tell us the process of what might happen if someone stops paying for their subscription? Does their freehold/apartment/housing whatever destroy and everything in there as well?
  • Options
    Can you list the weapon types, and please have spears. PLEASE
  • Options
    How will you fight meta nodes and node stagnancy?
  • Options
    Will the Character homes and there plot such as gardening.. will the be raidable or can people steal things off your plot like plants and such or is it all going to be safe zone?
  • Options
    This concerns the Naval Content more than anything else. Without getting into the weeds, my question is this:

Is a shipwright skill in the works, or will ships be vendor-supplied only?
  • Options
    Are nodes placement pre determined in a zone of influence?
  • Options
    How will you balance 64 class combos for PvP? Constant nerfing and buffing, no balancing at all or somewhere in the middle?
  • Options
    I know its been addressed about keeping the game away from "pay to win" however recently a lot of MMO's have been implementing "pay for convenience" items. Such as inventory expansion and smaller things of that nature that do not necessarily NEED to be purchased but severely hinder the player. Do you plan to have anything of that sort in AOC?
  • Options
    Will Seasons affect things in the world and players? i.e. Rainy weather will make movement of caravan or even players slower? or maybe monsters get tougher in a winter season due to their large amount of fur?
  • Options
    What do you envision a mature server will look like at one, two or three years after launch? (Not new content, but how you expect the nodes play out) How will you avoid the ShadowBane problem (i.e. one group takes over the server making it so nobody wants to play anymore)?
  • Options
    Will your weapon and armour attributes significantly affect the damage output or input? Or is it rather skill based how much damage you will do or get, in terms precise dodging or clever combining abilities in given situations?
  • Options
    Can you generally level in one zone and have the content of your main node and Zone of influence be enough to persistently play in one area?
  • Options
    I have one simple question. What features will roleplay-specific players receive while playing Ashes of Creation?
  • Options
    hey , wanted to ask will ashes keep its medieval/fantasy theme of might they add a futuristic touch to the game?
  • Options
    What is your stance on crowd control? It can be a lot of fun and very needed in PvE, but it can also being infuriating in PvP losing control of your character (e.g. being stun locked).
  • Options
    Are there nodes (more specifically metropolises) with different aesthetics based on the game's races?

Example: An forest city which can be related with the wood elves aesthetic or an "dwarf metropolis" inside a mountain.
  • Options
    When are we going to see what each race is going to look like???? Also, when will be be told more about the class combinations and what they will be called?
  • Options
    What systems will be in place to keep 'Meta' server first progression types who have endless amounts of time from controlling all major nodes of a server, or having multiple guilds holding the major nodes to keep nodes where they want them?
  • Options
    Will there be servers that are completely hostile PvP wise? Where killing has yields no consequence or flagging throughout the entire thing regardless of circumstance?
  • Options
    How would the Criminal Aspect work?
  • Options
    You answered how nodes are leveled, and that they can be attacked. But, if it is harmed or destroyed..... what happens to the persons house? Their items? can you late move? do you move if it is about to be destroyed? Is it destroyed? what happens to your house or even guild hall.... at that node that is defeated?
  • Options
    Will ships be craft-able like by a player shipwright or are they just going to be get the print then plop in the water. .
    I would like to work my way to master shipwright.
  • Options
    PVP Question: Will you have like an Arena style pvp node? like games > capture the castle, bomber man?
  • Options
    Is it possible for player to create player made villages? What I mean by this is if, lets say if a guild decide to put out thier freeholds next to eachother, resulting in a lot of freeholds in a small area. Or is there a limit on how close freeholds can be placed to eachother?
  • Options
    Will basic crafting materials have values (RNG). so combining them for a specific recipe will that give a better item, then just use random materials for any recipes ( as they did SWG.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the questions, everyone! This topic will now be closed. Feel free to discuss today's stream in another thread, or over on the official Discord server.