Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 12, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will people be able to see the account name, or only character names?
    What support can we expect for Althaholics? Will the characters be completely seperate entities and have to level up EVERYTHING again if I decide to roll a second character?

What are naming restrictions? Will I be able to name my character ‘437’ or do I only have access to letters of the alphabet? If alphabet, does that include äæë etc? (Pls no, people mostly use those to get a character name that is already taken like shadownïnja.

Will every class be able to complete content solo? As a player looking at playing a Bard/Bard (Hit people with guitar), I fear having no ability to complete content solo that e.g. a mage or summoner could do easily.

What weapons are currently planned and are classes restricted to those for their abilities? Including instruments such as the drums or a one handed warhorn.

About the underdark race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)
  • Options
    Why have both separate Node and Castle systems?

And if you can, could you more specifically address how they will interact and/or be distinguished?
  • Options
    So my question is pretty simple... Will users be able to make custom weapons which may or maynot be the best weapons,by collecting certain materials and upgrade them as they level up?
  • Options
    Will there be a function where I can upload images for shipsails or capes like in AA?
  • Options
    What support can we expect for Althaholics? Will the characters be completely seperate entities and have to level up EVERYTHING again if I decide to roll a second character?

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Special letters such as Shädœwninja?

How do you want to secure that support classes such as Bard/Bard can complete solo content without struggle? (Bonus: Metal Bard?)

About the underdark race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs. (Not a sandwich)
  • Options

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Letters not part of the english alphabet?

How do you ensure for support classes to complete solo content easily? (e.g. Bard/Bard)

• Options
    Will people be able to see the account name, or only character names? If account names, is that changable?

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Letters not part of the english alphabet?

How do you ensure for support classes to complete solo content easily? (e.g. Bard/Bard)

About the underdark race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs.
  • Options

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Letters not part of the english alphabet? What are your measures to prevent unique name circumvention methods?

How do you ensure for support classes to complete solo content easily? (e.g. Bard/Bard) Also, Metal bard?

About the underdark race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs.
  • Options
    Will there be class locked gear, or will you be able to use different weapons/armor, no matter what class you are?
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-12-2017/page/4/#post-21507">Ayden wrote:</a></div>Will there be class locked gear, or will you be able to use different weapons/armor, no matter what class you are?

</blockquote>

Already answered in last stream! No the gear is not locked! Greez
  • Options
    Will all classes have access to all the utilities, such as climbing. Or just the ones their primary and secondary are capable of.

Can you also give us some more information on what utilities the other classes might have?
  • Options
    Will there be post/mail ingame and will it allow you to send items?
    This question is coming from Fleelix , something I would also really like to know!
  • Options
    My question relates to housing, how you expect the population density to be in some areas, etc:

Considering you expect to 10k players per server, does this mean maximum 10k player can be online at the same time on that server, or do you mean max 10k accounts are linked to that server of which a certain amount can be online?
    In relation to this, can you estimate in square km how big the world is?
  • Options
    I would like to know about player development, since this is a MMORPG. Will there will be player/npc interaction that allows you to pick from a few choices to select from and the choices you make have either benefits or repercussions. Also will there be cut scenes for these interactions.

Since I know you can’t name company’s/games in your streams, I was referring to character development similar to STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC. The interaction with NPC’s and the cut scenes were AWESOME.

Please feel free to rephrase this as how you see fit to protect yourselves
  • Options
    Will we be able to build social activity rooms or even whole buildings inside our guildhall like for example a Bath house, a gameroom where bets go to the guild bank or even living quarters for those guild members unable to purchase a home of their own?
  • Options
    Could you give us some more information about the breeding /animal husbandry mechanics? Do specific mounts have unique traits you can breed for (skills, stats, appearance)? will it be a worthwhile profession in this game like the other crafting professions?
  • Options
    Hello!

With the recently announced kickstarter backer goal that gives an exclusive dye pack, what can you tell us about this dye system? How much detail is the player able to apply to their armour? I've gotta look amazing when I burn that node down :P
  • Options
    Can you please provide more details on how fishing will work in AoC? Will there be baits, lures, biome species, seasonal species, time of day catches or catch rates, fishing pools(nodes) or open water fishing?
  • Options
    How will leveling work? Will my character start at level 1 and I have to progress them to level 50 or will it be more of leveling your skills and armor/weapon proficiency? Any ideas on what max level will be and how long you want it to take for a player to hit max level?
  • Options
    Will the be support to Ultrawidescreen 21:9 resolution and HDR?

I dont see an issue with HDR as I have seen Unreal engine HDR pic demo (thumbs up from me for useing Unreal 4 engine) and 21:9 ratio will be awesome gaming immersion and HDR monitors will be more mainstream when AoC is released!

Awesome work and good luck on developement!

Bloodnguts!
  • Options
    Let's say that some of kickstarter additional targets won't be reached. Will you implement this content as for example some future patches or expansions?
  • Options

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Special letters such as äïüùà?

How are you gonna ensure that Tank/Tank or Bard/Bard can do solo content without too much of a hassle.

Will there be musical instruments as weapons, and if yes, can we get some examples? (Metal Bard please)

Underrealm race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs.
  • Options
    How does equiping and using weapons work? In the video, it looked like the rogue had dual daggers equipped while he was using his bow. Do we equip weapons from our inventory/bag or do we have a limited number of weapon slots like some games?
  • Options
    Hello there, REALLY excited about this game. Very long time gamer here and I'm wondering about something specific in the combat system. I know there is a lot of work to do yet so nothing is final but are you planning on adding animation cancelling ? Personally I don't like it, playing ESO right now and I don't really care for it. Thank you :)
  • Options
    What do summoner summon and how does the seconary class affect it?

Like does having ranger as a second class change the summons to animals?
  • Options
    Will I be able to name my mounts and pets?
  • Options

What are naming restrictions? Numbers? Special letters such as äïüùà?

How are you gonna ensure that Tank/Tank or Bard/Bard can do solo content without too much of a hassle.

Will there be musical instruments as weapons, and if yes, can we get some examples? (Metal Bard please)

Underrealm race: Is that 2 subraces or just 1? As they haven’t had to left the world, they might not have split up into 2 subs.
  • Options
    Can we have just more general bard news, from one wandering bard to another
  • Options
    - Enchantment; how extensive is it and will it be something someone could use as a store front? As in is it similar to how a black smith upgrades or repairs armor for player where as the enchanter would enchant players' armor and weapons for buffs? Also will Upgrades both material and enchantment upgrading degrade with time?
  • Options
    Animal Husbandry, Taming, and Breeding.

When will we get more info on these things? I want to know if I can have a battle companion, like a wolf at my side as a Ranger.