Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 26, 2017

Comments

• Options
    How in depth will the Husbandry system be. I’ve read that there are unique traits that can be passed down during breeding, but there are other aspects I’d like to see.
    Will there also be a taming system where you’ll have to go out and catch the animals like other games do via dart guns or minigames (Ark survival / BDO), or is it a system where you just buy the animals off a store (Archeage)?
    Will i be taking care of them during the breeding / gestation process, or is it just a click a button and wait to see what happens in 21 hours or whatever time frame.
    I know you’ve said you can breed Horses, and livestock. Will you be able to capture and tame any animal you run across as a pet like in Bless or will that be it?
  • Options
    Can you guys go into detail about the treasure hunter job/skill? is it land/sea based or both, will it feel like a tomb raider finding lore and being instrumental in building the knowledge base of the world. will there be ancient artifacts that we can decorate our houses with and of course what kind of treasure could we find?
  • Options
    You talked about the kickstarter mounts being skins, does that apply to the moonstrider too? So there will be other pack mounts, but no moonstriders aside from the kickstarter one?
  • Options
    Will there be more creative weapons for mages like elemental orbs, talisman gloves, scythes and chakrams?
  • Options
    Like the summoner, will other classes have combo attacks? For instance, if a mage does a water based attack on a player/mob, another mage can combo off that by doing ANY ice based ability that would freeze the opponent if performed within 3 sec of the water attack.
  • Options
    How high is the skillcap in the game?

Will it end up as if you know your rotation and maybe timing cooldowns, that will be enough to compete with others, or will greater players be able to distinguish themselves and how?
  • Options
    When will we be possibly able to see the other races in game model form?
  • Options
    1) How complex will crafting armor/weapons be? For example, if I am crafting a sword, do I craft the entire sword or all the individual pieces? For armor, will we be able to craft individual pieces, such as a chestplate, and then wear that chestplate with a different armor piece, or will armor just be one full piece that cannot be combined with other armor sets?

2) How will enchanting items work and what will we see? Will enchanting be a profession, allowing players to enchant and sell items to other players? Will enchanted items have visual effects? For example, if I were to enchant a sword with a fire ability, would my sword be covered in fire?
  • Options
    It goes without saying that artisan tier crafters products I.e. weapons, armors, alchemical agents etc will be highly sought after clearly defining why you would want to specialize in the "creation" professions. How will you equally entice players to specialize instead in gather or processing of a specific type of resource? Will artisan gatherers be exclusively able to gather some materials or will they get increasing ammounts from a single node over a non specialized individual? Furthermore for processors.

Much love,

TheGyno
  • Options
    What sizes are you planning on having on the weapons? Will a Fighter/Fighter be able to pick up a giant 2 handed mace or maybe even 2?
  • Options
    There is some equipment penalty system for different types of armor ( run speed/ casting speed/ dodge effectiveness)?
  • Options
    <strong>Have you had any discussions about adding gear that will level up with your character? If yes, could you tell us the thoughts and ideas and what we could expect if something as such would be added?</strong>
  • Options
    How many total nodes exist in the game world? On the order of 10? 50? 200? 1,000?
  • Options
    Are high tier packages (2.5k+) rewards KS exclusives? Define what will it be "exclusive" if you can. For example: Are there going to be other auras?

Thank you.
  • Options
    when do you expect to spoil me with the character creation system or cleric game play, also will character size affect hitboxes?
  • Options
    You have mentioned that there will be 7 items visible on characters related to armor/clothing. Will you please tell us what those items are?
  • Options
    How will the mount system work?
    In many MMO's mounts act as basically a glorified speed boost which can be summoned by a short skill cast any time out in the world.
    Will mounts be more meaningful in AoC, such as having to take them out of a stable and if a player leaves their mount will they be able to call it to their location or have walk back for it?
  • Options
    Will each individual weapon type be visually distinct in terms of animations as well as actual item appearance? We've seen in many "unnamed" MMOs that physically similar weapons (i.e. 1-handed swords and 1-handed axes) basically use the same animation set. In reality, however, every kind of weapon is used in a distinctly different way due to its physical shape and differences in balance and weighting. Are we going to be seeing seperate and unique animations for each weapon type, therefore making the combat itself feel that bit more immersive and exciting, or will the animations be more universal based on weapon archetype (1-handed vs. 2-handed vs. Polearm, etc...)

Keep up the good work :D
  • Options
    Is item level going to be a thing in this game? Or will equipment be more horizontal?
  • Options
    hey guys,
    can a charakter carry different types of weapons as every class? if yes, how much?
    will there be dualwielding for a warrior?
    for example:
    warrior/ranger
    warrior 2x 1 handed sword, than switch to a bow. (i know.... a warrior with a bow?.... but its just a example :) )
    thank you and congrats for your amazing kickstarter campaign!
  • Options
    Will players need ammunition for weapons like bows, crossbows, throwing knives, etc.. and will they have some sort of advantage that balances out the hassle of having to be concerned with running out?
  • Options
    Are you considering having jewelry be visible items? i.e. Earrings, necklace, rings, bracelets., etc..
  • Options
    Is it possible to have a class that can use every weapon/equipment in the game no matter the classes or race? Or have a class that the skills are a blend of every other classes?
  • Options
    You mentioned on wednesday frost spells might be more powerful during winter season, but does melee or archers get buffed/debuffed by weather or season? Heavy fog reducing accuracy for rangers? Rain effect the bow string? salt water making weapons rust?
  • Options
    how easy is gonna be for a new player catch up on those that were been playing for let's say few months? Is it going to be really hard for him to compete like it's happening in other mmos where gear scale way too much and if you are not in top tier gear you are 0 competitive?
  • Options
    Previosuly, you have stated that there will be no designated RP server. In other games, griefing RPers is a common occurance which drives RP to be behind closed doors and/or not enjoyable. Is stuff like griefing, harrassment and hostile actions towards people RPing going to be a reportable offense and are there any measures to counteract that from happening?
  • Options
    Will seasons affect farming? Sow in spring, harvest before winter? Seasons affecting gatherer and farming professions will have fun effects on the prices during the year cycle.
  • Options
    How in depth will you go with the summoner class? Can you clarify any mechanics you have in mind like types of summons, number of summons, benefits of a summoner/summoner[in regards to secondary classing]?
  • Options
    In animal husbandry, when an animal is “born” from breeding, will we get the opportunity to raise it, or will it be born a grown-up?
  • Options
    Global cooldowns on skills? No, yes? How long?