Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 26, 2017

Comments

• Will alts have a shared bank mechanism similar to EQ2? meaning each toon will have their own bank space, but there will be a few boxes that will be shared with the account. I am hoping this will be enabled.
  • Simple question: Will there be auto-pathing for quests?
  • Can u say a bit more about Traders Company , Thieves Guild and Scholars Academy ???
    Can any race or any class join each of them ?
    Are there any advantages , restrictions , goals to achieve ?
  • Two separate questions:

1. Could players from Node A buy a bunch of monster coins, go to Node B, use the monster coins, and then either damage Node B or effectively take it over to delay Node B's development? Or are the monsters from the coins incapable of damaging a node or setting back a node's progress?

Edit: sounds like monsters can de-level a node: "'The AI normally has to kill a certain amount of people, and then it can eventually delevel a node by killing enough NPCs,' Bard said." http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/25/ashes-of-creation-first-look-an-mmo-that-lets-you-be-the-boss. Is there any concern that this is a backdoor pay-to-win feature at the group level? That is, players from Node A buy a bunch of monster coins with real money, then use monsters to attack and de-level rival Node B, thus maintaining the benefits of Node A being more advanced?

2. Can any of a character's gear be looted if he or she dies in PvP? If so, under what circumstances can gear be looted (e.g., can gear be looted in castle sieges or caravan fights but not in open world PvP)?
  • Do you plan on releasing an Ocean node at some point? Floating city out in the middle of the ocean, When Node reaches certain stages it may could draw the attention of a Leviathan or other large creature, could even implement trade routes through the waters.
  • Can you please provide more details on how fishing will work in AoC? Will there be baits, lures, biome species, seasonal species, time of day catches or catch rates, fishing pools(nodes) or open water fishing?
  • even if we dont hit the 3 mill mark on kickstarter will the stock exchange be introduced into the game as a dlc or update later after the full release
  • When combining classes, how will the classes interact with summoner creatures? For example, if I choose a summoner cleric, will I be able to summon creatures that will help heal my party?
  • Will there be first person view? Will it be viable? E.g. In ESO, they made first person by popular demand, but it was not viable in PvE due to effects happening behind or below etc, and all mechanics are about avoiding that damage, by seeing it :(

First person view for me is much better for immersion, especially in such nice world, how long can you keep looking at you characters back :|, unless characters back is a nice one :D
  • If you take a quest from a village/town/city/metropolis node and before you complete it, that node is destroyed, what happens to the quest that you undertook?

Greg
  • Currency:
    Are you going to consider a non-gold currency system?
    Path of Exile for instance uses its currency as crafting materials, which helps with avoiding inflation of gold and rediculous prices later in the game (10k gold for a mount); will currency have abilities to enhance or alter equipment or other items?

Customization:
    There was a question from another livestream about making feminine male and masculine female characters.
    You said it'll be possible to scale for such traits, but will male characters be able to wear make-up and female characters be able to have cool tribal tatoos and scars?
    Also, will female characters be able to wear bulky bad-ass nonrevealing armor and males wear "chain bikinis"?
  • How do you envision max level PvE group dungeons/raids to be in Ashes?

Gear/DPS checks?
    Progressive difficulty?
    Bosses that require a resistance gear (either on just tank or whole group)?
    Lockout period on raids?
  • Can you expand on the plans for fishing mechanics and gameplay?
    Will it be 'Push button, get fish' or will there be active abilities to use?
    Will there be prize fishing for gold and/or prestige (Leaderboards)?
    Will there be AFK fishing?
  • Is the mouse cursor going to be on screen by default (so you have to hold a mouse button to turn the camera) or will it be a toggle? I can't stand having to hold a button to turn, I want to know before I drop $400 =)
  • Can you give any ideas on what the earliest and latest date might be for the first playable Alpha?
  • What activities do you have for endgame competitive raiding? Like: raids with time trials and a scoring system that posts on a leader board.
  • Can the caravans transport players as well? In other words will we see the potential for a trojan horse?
  • Hi

I am a veteran roleplayer and i want to know several ambiental things.

-Are nights will be as dark as now or could be darker, as per example, with storms? so you could not see far beyond several metres or so.

-Are underrealm will be so dark that you must need a mage or a torch with you?

-Players ships will have cabins inside, how many? or which kind of ship could have one?

-Could you talk more about bards and how works? will they could use several instruments?

Thanks for all, keep working so hard for a dreamfull rp game.
  • first question: fighting against zerging.
    I would like to know what will really stop ppl from zerging, because even though u guys said theres not gonna be a way for them all to teleport to a location, what would happen if 3 guilds ally and each have around 150 , even though they might not teleport, its still 300+ players to go againt. In the same order of ideas, how friendly is the game gonna be with small-medium guilds. For example, right now im playing a game 0 friendly with those small guilds, and the game just beccame a zerge party because small guilds had no chance to go against 300+ players with around 50 wich made them not be competitive in any way and dissapear over time, and now the game is ruled by 2-4 guilds.
    Second question: Will game allow ping booster? like wtfast and that stuff. Im wondering because I dont play from USA and while some friends that live there had a ping going from 90 to around 150 max, I had a 220+ ping.
  • I like actually having to think about pulling so we dont wipe. What to disable, how to do this and that, but I understand this probably wont fit the mass. So are there going to be several difficulty levels of dungeons?
  • Will NPC guards be more powerful than players and will there be different levels of guards that can be hired/assigned?
  • Will instanced Dungeons and Raids have different difficulties for the same Dungeon or Raid? Example Dungeon; The Ancient Tombs has 3 difficulty settings - Easy mode - Hard mode - Insane mode. This is what i call recycled content, will ashes be going this route?

How many undeveloped Nodes will the game have at launch? ( or a rough estimate)

Can you tell us more about the Fighter class!!! How will the Fighter be different than the rogue besides the obvious (stealth). Will we see classic abilities such as Charge or Cleave?

Will there be some benefit of playing a "pure class" Example: Fighter / Fighter. Will these classes do more damage or have some edge in combat?

-Hoody
  • Question: Do we have a Adventure Guild social organizations that's allow players to make their own quests, job requests to another players, or something similar to it?
  • In light of your desire to be very clear on your vision for this game, is there any more light that you would be willing to shine on your vision for combat?
  • It will be safe zones, but whether these players prefer,
    Will the players provide security?
  • What are you doing to ensure there is always something new and fun for you to do when you log on? Will you add more content for nodes as fast as we go though it?
  • How will you prevent freeholds giving too many resources? How will you prevent it from becoming something you spend all your time at because it gives everything you need.

For Those who played warlords of Draenor, WoW, you probably know what im talking about.
  • Will mounts be physics based, meaning will a gliding mount be able to gain speed when going down, and lose speed when going up, and then you gradually lose momentum and land? or will it be, you go down at the same slope going down at the same speed? same for flying mounts, will you be able to just fly strait up, or move around at the exact same speed no matter what your doing.
  • Will cooks be able to brew teas and beer from crops they grow? And, will growers be able to grow a tobacco-like product that could be used in a pipe or cigar emote for RP?
  • With people on the team that worked on Vanguard, will you be using a equipment system similar where there is combat gear, social gear and crafting gear with their own looks and cosmetic items that would change how you look depending on what activity you were doing at the time?

Example....Come into town wearing your combat gear and talk to a merchant which switches you to your social gear, then you head to the crafter's area and start to make a bow which equips your crafting gear.