Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 26, 2017

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Will enchanting be for magic-classes only? (It should be!)

Or rephrased:
    Will some professions (gathering, refining, or artisan) have class restrictions? (I think this would be fantastic!)
  • Options
    What will happen to the kickstarter stretch goals that are <strong>not</strong> reached? Will they be saved for future updates/expansions?
  • Options
    Whats stats (like strength, agility, intelligence) will be in the game and what will they do?
  • Options
    How many players would be accomodated on each server and will there be a transfer feature?
  • Options
    Will corruption depend on the race of the player you kill?
  • Options
    Can I get something on healing mechanics? How "On It" will I have to be? Will dispelling of debuffs be a thing? And will I, as the healer, be the one doing the dispelling? Thanks
  • Options
    I'm really interested in this as well as I'm likely going to be Cleric main class. Clerics/ Healers are done very differently in different games. Will they have HoTs? Long term Buffs? Burst healing? Barriers? etc?
  • Options
    Hey guys, I have two quick questions.

Do you have an idea yet as to the number of characters allowed per server? (I have a severe case of alt-itis!)

Also, will character names be unique per server (ala WoW) or will they be connected to an account handle (ala GW2)? Just curious if more than one player will be able to have the same first name.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Will the currency (assuming gold) have in-game weight that will limit how much one could carry on their person. If so, will there be options such as contracts and/or credit to offset this with the risk of loss or devaluation?
  • Options
    First question:
    I'm not much of a social person in MMO's and have had a hard time in the past finding good guilds to join for doing content with (ie: dungeons, raids etc.) So hearing you don't have a party finder is making me quite nervous as I feel like I could end up in the same situation I was in in a previous game I played where I would end up just sitting in the main hub trying to find a group and get real frustrated with waiting and trying to find a group. I ended up not being able to progress with a lot of my quests because I couldn't find groups and ended up quitting the game. What sort of system is in place to avoid this sort of scenario?

Second Question:
    How will you deal with the disparity of the amount of different roles? Most people usually want to play the DPS classes. This usually results in Tanks finding groups the easiest and Healers being right behind them, and DPS classes having a hard time finding groups. (Or in games with Party Finders, Long vs almost instant que times) How do you plan to address this?
    While this doesn't affect me to strongly as I plan on playing Cleric (everybody needs a healer) it can be a big issue and can add a lot of salt to the game.
  • Options
    QUESTION:

Do the developers believe there will be a sufficient number of players playing the tank class in order to form enough groups to do dungeons/raids? Since you only have 1 main tank class, and the other classes will not be as good at tanking.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-26-2017/page/9/#post-29718">Sylphael wrote:</a></div>Will the currency (assuming gold) have in-game weight that will limit how much one could carry on their person. If so, will there be options such as contracts and/or credit to offset this with the risk of loss or devaluation?

</blockquote>

Can this be my question, too? I approve of this question and like it better than my own.
  • Options
    What is the crafting system going to look like?
  • Options
    Can you guys go into detail about the treasure hunter job/skill? is it land/sea based or both, will it feel like a tomb raider finding lore and being instrumental in building the knowledge base of the world. will there be ancient artifacts that we can decorate our houses with and of course what kind of treasure could we find?
  • Options
    Will you be able to use your microphone to communicate with people in your group and will you also be able to talk to strangers close to you (the further away the quieter they get) so you could cry for help if someone tries to kill you like in PubG.
  • Options
    Hello, please elaborate on what will be possible and not possible to do with the one/two day head-start. Can characters lvl up? Will people be able to gather resources, such as mine ore, or chop wood? If so will there be a limit on peoples inventory/storage space.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="d4pbbc-quote"><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-26-2017/#post-28877">Allan wrote:</a></div>Hello everyone!

My question is about the naming format and convention.
    How does it work? Will we have a name – nickname – surname? Will the name be account bound so someone can have the same name?

</blockquote>

Since this question has already been answered on a previous stream, it will be First Name - Surname. We're still discussing the account bound status but it's likely it'll be unique per server, not via account.
  • Options
    Can you tell us if crafting will have it’s own it’s skill based game/mini-game mechanics (not purely talking about Artisan Level). In other words, will crafting be “add mats to station, turn dials based on specialization and hit Craft” for your item. Or, will there some sort of skill based system that could test the player’s understanding of the crafting system mechanics?

I’m thinking about VG here (if I can reference another MMO as an example).
  • Options
    1) Fighters will be able to use fist weapons?
    2) About secondary class augmentations, by adding something to skills you mean change damage (Increase amount or AoE), utility (teleport and stealth) or cosmetic (just visual effect)?
    3) Tower Sieage (or something like tha) will be a thing?
  • Options
    @zidaryn
    <blockquote>
    How will you deal with the disparity of the amount of different roles? Most people usually want to play the DPS classes. This usually results in Tanks finding groups the easiest and Healers being right behind them, and DPS classes having a hard time finding groups. (Or in games with Party Finders, Long vs almost instant que times) How do you plan to address this?
    While this doesn’t affect me to strongly as I plan on playing Cleric (everybody needs a healer) it can be a big issue and can add a lot of salt to the game.
    </blockquote>

That's a good question. I'd also like to know. I remember life as a rogue in WoW ... oohh boi lol.
    How will they deal with class saturation?
  • Options
    One of the stretch goals is an armor appearance, if someone was to use it from level 1, would they have to re-apply it everytime they get new gear?