Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 26, 2017

Comments

• Options
    What can we expect for support and healer classes spellwise?
  • Options
    So far the only info on combat has been ability based, though little to no information on other player interactions.
    So I am asking if there will be standard attacks, such as sword swings, fire balls from a staff, shield bashes that can be activated via mouse click.
    If so can they be used and weaved in between class abilities?
  • Options
    Will Intrepid Studios release the game to retailers so customers can buy a physical copy, or will it be digital only? (or both)
  • Options
    Could u show some gameplay from the bard?
    I would appreciate that :)
  • Options
    Will there or will there not be MML for bards in this game? It was rumored to be a stretch goal but has not been revealed. Steven said on a previous stream that it would potentially be in the game. This is very important to me and I need to know if it will be included in the game. Thank you.
  • Options
    Will all metropolises look unique and will they have different layouts?
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-26-2017/page/3/#post-28898">Mykkala wrote:</a></div>How in depth will the Husbandry system be. I’ve read that there are unique traits that can be passed down during breeding, but there are other aspects I’d like to see.
    Will there also be a taming system where you’ll have to go out and catch the animals like other games do via dart guns or minigames (Ark survival / BDO), or is it a system where you just buy the animals off a store (Archeage)?
    Will i be taking care of them during the breeding / gestation process, or is it just a click a button and wait to see what happens in 21 hours or whatever time frame.
    I know you’ve said you can breed Horses, and livestock. Will you be able to capture and tame any animal you run across as a pet like in Bless or will that be it?

</blockquote>

I to would like to know this mounts need a bigger roles then just transport also herd that they dnt die perminitly that to me would hurt the animal market. Also ive only really seen horses a elephant thing and a camel will there be wolves, turtles to go out In the water birds shoulder pets that you can set to attack or gather. Will I need to feed my pets/mounts this game has the ability to be a great survival game so food and water should be a real need in game. Not just a quick fix to a weakened character. ARK survival evolved got that part right it was just to extreme a less extreme but similar idea would be nice
  • Options
    Will there be instanced raiding in the game? If so could you please explain a little of what you have planned so far? How many diffrent instanced Raids will there be and how many bosses per raid?

Just to clarify, instanced raiding for me is large group (20-40 ppl) PvE content which needs a well organized group to clear and is considerd the most difficult PvE content in the Game.
  • Options
    Could you elaborate in broad detail only on the design road map for the immediate and mid term goals/schedule? ie 1 month to next six-nine months
  • Options
    Hi

My previous highly anticipated game was BDO, it was a very grind heavy game, as i think most mmorpg's should be, but i felt the grind-reward in that game was way to small, almost to the point where you start to wonder what you're actully farming for, how will this game be in that regard, will you have some steady feel of progression while farming/grinding?
  • Options
    The summoner class, will it be animal based or monster based skills, and how will the combat work? Is it going to be the passive pet based class when you run around and the pets do the work and you are more a support for your pets, or will it be more of active skills that last for a few seconds like "throwing a bee hive" and it works like a 5sec dot or calling down a hawk strike for burst damage with a 8 sec cd, <strong>whats your class goal and what will we expect to see come out from this class?</strong>
  • Options
    Will pets have different roles such as tank pets, healing pets, dps maybe even RARE pets that go out and seek resources out for you?
  • Options
    Will the Stock Exchange stretch goal lead to a back door Global Auction House and destroy the Local Economies Independence ?
    As this is the only real thing making me reconsider my pledge :)
  • Options
    Will we have a "collection System" for vanity items, which will allow characters to "learn and unlock" their collectibles instead of keeping them in the inventory? Will vanity items be account-bound?

Thank you.
  • Options
    Have you determined the caps for player owned buildings inside each node level (ie. 20 mansions at a level 6 metropolis) and if so what will they be?
  • Options
    <strong>Can you use your freehold as a Ranch?</strong> I.E. breeding and raising, chickens, cows, pigs for the milk, eggs or meat to later either trade / sell.
  • Options
    My ideal MMORPG would include deep character skill customization to allow for greater player diversity or uniqueness between playstyles. If I were designing an MMORPG, I might only allow the player the ability to equip a limited number of skills, but at the same time, give that player a number of skills to choose from.

So with that in mind, you've suggested that in Ashes, we will be limited to a specific amount of skills per character. Will this mean that two players playing the same class will be locked into having to use the exact same limited amount of abilities thus having the same funtionality and similar playstyle?

And if not, will there be enough skills to keep two identical classes from feeling identical. Meaning how might two identical class choices, like say two Paladins (Tank/Cleric) feel different from one another?

Would the secondary archetype be the only difference maker among similar classes or is there still a possibility of two Paladins playing differently?

Thanks.
  • Options
    What events can we expect to see Intrepid Studios and Ashes of Creation at and what might we see? (Example(s): E3, Gamescom, Comic-Con, PAX)
  • Options
    What happens if one server finds the perfect combination of nodes, to prompt certain events and gain lets say some of the best items in game, What will stop other servers from trying to replicate if possible?
  • Options
    How far could a solo player advance a node. i.e. if a solo player found a remote mountain valley or a deserted island and started leveling how far could they level the node before their XP gathering is equal to the node degradation? For Hardcore player, and casuals?
  • Options
    Customization for the purpose of expression is key to a modern MMO, will we be seeing the skin system (so far including the KS mount skins and demon/angel racial skins) expanded on over time? What direction do you think the system might take?
  • Options
    Class and Race question:

On the kickstarter it reads:

<blockquote> ” Our goal here is to create a system where an elven fighter feels different, but serves the same role as a dwarven fighter. “</blockquote>

Can you give more details about this, or possibly an example? Will this be the obvious, like animations / fighting style… or something else?
  • Options
    For the summoner class can summons be obtained through means of exploration and would it be possible to have a summon-able mount?
  • Options
    How will the alpha and beta tests be handled? Are they real tests for you guys, or are they something like a PR test phase?
  • Options
    You mentioned in previous videos that your character creation system would be similar to that of BDO. You have also stated that you would have height sliders with height being allowed to go as little as 3-4ft. While this does sound nice, I have an additional question in regard to this.

Will there also be a muscle slider, allowing you to have virtually no muscle definition at all if you are a male? This is one area I was dissapointed with in BDO that I would like to be improved upon here. Basically, not everyone who plays male wants to be the Varsity Football Jock :)
  • Options
    Are there any way to gain access to the Phoenix initiative, besides the kickstarter donation? Example: Being a top pvp player.
  • Options
    How high is the skillcap in the game? Will it end up like if you know a rotation, that will be enough to compete with others, or will greater players be able to distinguish themselves and how?
  • Options
    <blockquote>Can every Archetype wear any Armor and Weapon? And if so, will there be weapon specific skills that can be used additionally to your adventurer class skills ? (think ESO Weapon skills)</blockquote>
  • Options
    <blockquote>Which Class-Combo would be the closest to a Dark Knight/ Death Knight?</blockquote>
  • Options
    <blockquote>Money Question: What kind of payments will be supported for Europe, but also the rest of the world? Kickstarter only allows credit cards and many people can't pledge thanks to this</blockquote>