Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 30, 2017

Comments

• Options
    <strong>Can you use your freehold as a Ranch for marketable purpose?</strong> I.E. breeding and raising livestock, chickens, cows, pigs etc. for the milk, eggs or meat to later either trade / sell.
  • Options
    <blockquote>Will there be armor that will NOT change with your race?</blockquote>

Based on last live streams reveal that armors will look different per race. BUT some People maybe don't like the looks their race will get for armor
    Also this makes it difficult for Guilds to create uniform looks, when they will all look different per race.
  • Options
    If you are part of a guild but not the guild leader, can you use the Guildhall appearance if you are not the Guild Leader?

We have 3 days to go, and weighing up whether to upgrade the package, but since i am not the guild leader this one i may have to discount from the calculation as to whether it is worth it.
  • Options
    Since Dyes will be one-time use... how do we get dyes? Merchants, Drops, Crafted, Cash Shop?
  • Options
    After watching the May 17th live stream, I thought of a question I wanted to ask regarding the Animal Husbandry Profession. My question is: Will you be able to sell and trade the pets, mounts, cattle, etc. that you breed and/or tame?
  • Options
    Question: How will PvP combat feel like, will it be proc sets and high damage (% chance to deal 9 000 000 damage) resulting in "One shot or be killed" like ESO, or will it be more strategy and longer, requiring thinking and smart use of abilities like SWTOR and other MMOs?
  • Options
    Ok, going to try this one more time and see if it doesn't get eaten :)

Do recipes require specific resources, like "Iron" or can you substitute any "metal" (maybe "Copper", "Titanium" etc) when a metal is called for? And if so, how might that affect the crafted output?
  • Options
    Question: I believe it was mentioned that races will affect what type of summons summoners will get. However, is it possible to obtain summons from dungeons, exploration of the world, further more will summons be mountable at some point?
  • Options
    What defines what type of node will we get - economical, military divine? How can we determine the type on the early stages or even before creating a node?
  • Options
    If I have high levels of corruption what is there to prevent me from changing my gear before dying or between ganking low level player characters in order to prevent my gear from being looted?
  • Options
    Will races get any temporary environmental buff?

For example Elf player while he is in forest.
    Or underground race player while he is in caves.
  • Options
    Question: Can we go into more detail regarding the gathering of resources. I'm curious specifically for mining, how the "veins" or "resource node" system is going to work. There has not been much said regarding it.

My goal is to open up a free hold with publicly available stuff to help out miners and have it up next to a popular mining area, but was quickly shut down on the discord due to them saying the resources are finite, and it wouldn't work.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I loved music in Ultima Online, they had peacemaking, and provocation... this brings back great memories!
  • Options
    One more try…

Do recipes require specific resources, like "Iron" or can you substitute any "metal" (maybe "Copper", "Titanium" etc) when a metal is called for? And if so, how might that affect the crafted output?
  • Options
    Question: Has there been any consideration for machinima tools?

The ones I'm most curious about are:
    - any use of free-form camera
    - ability to adjust depth of field
    - ability to "dry fire" skills; to cast animations for skills that require a target, even if none are present (done in many other games by holding SHIFT + skill, or some similar combination).

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Hi Devs,

I was wondering what version of the UE4 did you start off with and do you plan on doing incremental updates as new versions of the engine come out.

I noticed you use Zbrush but do you use Maya for 3D modeling work.

What other applications do you use for creating your texture types.

In your polishing stage will you try to use the PBR workflow techniques.

Do you need help in creating props and assets, I would dearly like to see something I created in game.
    If you wouldn't mind contacting me privately using the email I used for this forum.

Thanks in advance.

PS

I have been waiting for a game like this for many years, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Question 1,
    How gathering, fishing, crafting will work? Will there going to be “PH/IQ” after which is depleted you cant gather anymore? Or is it going to be you can gather as long as you have “tools” for gathering or the node like a tree or iron vain is still.

Question 2,
    Given the fact that it will take around 35-50 days to hit max level in one toon, how much alt friendly this game will be?
  • Options
    1) How complex will crafting armor/weapons be? For example, if I am crafting a sword, do I craft the entire sword or all the individual pieces? For armor, will we be able to craft individual pieces, such as a chestplate, and then wear that chestplate with a different armor piece, or will armor just be one full piece that cannot be combined with other armor sets?

2) How will enchanting items work and what will we see? Will enchanting be a profession, allowing players to enchant and sell items to other players? Will enchanted items have visual effects? For example, if I were to enchant a sword with a fire ability, would my sword be covered in fire?
  • Options
    Will weapons be locked to particular class IE tank have to have a shield, Ranger a bow etc.. or are weapons just slot set as in if you want to be a 2hander wielding rogue you can?
  • Options
    Question...Can you confirm that there will be a dinosaur monster,mount,pet or anything dinosaur related in the game? And No Dragon doesn't count :p
  • Options
    Could you be kind enough to show some work in progress screen shots of some of the background interface screens

ie Character Stats, Inventory, Skill tree, Quest Journal, Login Page, Character Selection Screen etc?

Just a few teasers?
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-30-2017/#post-29894">Dice wrote:</a></div>Will pigs fly?

</blockquote>

Kickstart $5,000 and they just might...
  • Options
    Will more node content keep being added? Or will we be doing more the the same stuff if a node stays at the same level for a long time?
  • Options
    Please don't let it have a System wherein Players can abuse PVP
  • Options
    Could you clarify the estimated time for Alpha access?

There are contradictory statements about the development/release time schedule. On the forums you say it's Q4 2018 for Alpha 1. But there is a video where Steven hints to a full release within 1.5/2 years. Also, the kickstarter website advertizes a December 2018 release for ALL rewards and not only for those that include an Alpha 1 key. This is too important to be ignored. Please clarify. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Howdy!!! you mention that Mounts on the kickstarter are skins only! Alright cool However how hard will it be to get a mount that can glide so I can use the Dawnbreaker Skin? Same with the water mount so I can use the stretch goal skin!

Thanks for your time and patience!
  • Options
    On behalf of all roleplayers, can you officially confirm intrepid stance on rp prior to ks ending?

And even if this question isn't able to be answered in the stream, could it be addressed by a forum post before you lose the opportunity for more investment?

Given how much money a strong role play community brings to a game, a lot of my personal friends are holding back from investing as there is a belief that the lack of plans for specific rp server, may show that aoc will not be a future place to call home.

- having invested heavily myself, many thanks for everything in advance.
  • Options
    Will there be housing item where we can display our old armors/robes such as mannequin or wall rack?
    (the meshes of armors are already on characters so shouldnt be hard :) Thank you!
  • Options
    There has been a lot of talk about open dungeons and world boss raids, but not much about their instanced counter parts. What plans are in place for instanced group content, especially raids, and specifically for max level players?
  • Options
    Are there will be ultimate skill's for avery class on the game ?
    If there is how it well work ?