Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 30, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will the seasons be world-wide or Zone-wide? (Will I be able to travel to a distant node to gather other seasonal resources?)
  • Options
    Question: Since Nodes change based on what the players are doing, is there any chance that players can form tradition celebrations of their towns?
    For example some players want to celebrate a harvest day. would they go to the mayor or chief and be able to fill out a form, get certain amount of players to sign it and then it'll get implemented?

I know how long it takes to make individual assets for events and such but could the node be set up so the players be able to pick out the decorations and such from pre-existing assets to do this?
  • Options
    Will the oceans in Ashes have tides? Will the beaches have active surf, or will it all be smooth like a lake?
  • Options
    go go keys CBT! :)
  • Options
    Will I be able to play a musical instrument for RP purposes even though I am not a bard?
  • Options
    Will there be a beauty shop to allow me to change my physical appearance after character creation? i.e. hair, physical body size, etc
  • Options
    Will NPC's be involved in siege wars of a node?
  • Options
    Will there be a justice system with operable jails and courts for players? An example of this would be like what was in Archage.
  • Options
    Will players be able to chose different color schemes for their Freehold builds?
  • Options
    Will there be banners and/or flags that I can display at my Freehold to represent the guild that I am apart of?
  • Options
    Will there be wagons that I could have a horse or mount pull to help carry heavier loads if I am out gathering wood or ore?

Follow up: Can I have friends use it as well if we are gathering in a party?
  • Options
    Will there be any black powder type of weapons?
  • Options
    1. Will armor just have Physical and magical defense or will it have particular resistances from say frost or fire?
    2. Will there be a daily login reward, similar to GW2?
    3. If you are in a party and one party member decides to kill another player are you also penalized for his actions?
    4. Similar to the last question, what if you are only buffing or healing the party member but not actually fighting or harming the other player?
  • Options
    Can you pls explain in what way the different races will differ from each other, beside of the look? How are you going to assure that these differences will stay relevant in later lvl without creating a meta for Race-Class-combinations?
  • Options
    Will there be a gifting option in the cash shop?
  • Options
    I'm curious as to how Breeding/Animal Husbandry will be done. I guess to elaborate what kind of stations/animal pens will i be using and what might the process be? I'm interested in potentially breeding mounts or rare animals to assist high end players.
    -Drakfyre
  • Options
    Questions regarding leveling

Can you give an idea how you want to balance character leveling? You have spoke about leveling by exploring and completing node quests. Will players be able to level up as quickly by going on team monster hunts, or by doing quests, or perhaps possible ways (exploring, team/solo hunting one spot, completing quests) will be equally efficient for leveling characters?

Also, do you want for players to focus on getting max level first, and after that make them more involved into contributing to leveling nodes, or make level cap higher, so players will share equal focus on leveling nodes, economy, character leveling, etc?

Regards
  • Options
    how in depth hiring NPCs will be ?
    for example let's say i have an innkeeper or a freehold , can i have some servants and maids to work in my inn , will we have different roles for npc's such as singer , musician , dancers , etc...
    can we change there outfits ( to get a uniform for my inn or house )
  • Options
    can we have legendary slippers in game ?
  • Options
    Will we become one one true race of undeath and have never ending undead legion by our side or something like that ^^
  • Options
    why not to make full loot? dont you think that you also make casual amusement park game and money grab by not doing full loot?
  • Options
    Question: About the world, considering the Node System, will small cities still be relevant somehow? Because no matter how cool the 5 big metropolis of the server are, if there's not other smaller cities that people would want to go and do things, it's gonna be weird.
  • Options
    Question: Will we will be able to create custom voice or text channels for alliances? P.S. I am a little sad Jeffery didn't get the buffbot (bard) reference in my name.
  • Options
    Question: Will crafting times be relative to the item be crafted?

For example:
    It will take a master artisan several days to make a masterwork item (as it would a person in the real world), with periods of rest in-between. Will a character be similarly “stuck” making an item for a whole-day or several days in-game, essentially unable to ‘adventure’ during that time? (I kind of hope for this case vs. the rng-route.)
  • Options
    Question: Will there be race/gender restrictions for classes in the game?

For example: Only male humans may play warriors, female elves for mage etc etc.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I hadn't seen it yet where I'd been looking. Thanks!
  • Options
    Will each main class skills be able to have the ability to select each secondary skill to augment the skill or will it be a certain amount.

Example: Warrior Rush able to have teleport or fireball or mageshield to augment the skill or is it limited amount to choose from as in able to have teleport or mageshield but not have the option to put on fireball.
  • Options
    Question: You say you are gonna create a game where you explore and level up without hurry, how do you prevent people from finding ways to power level because I'm sure there are individuals who wouldn't care about story and other stuff like that.
  • Options
    What kind of announcements will there be for boss first kills and/or raid time records if at all?
  • Options
    Question: how do you get rid of corruption?
  • Options
    Why did she kill the Guardian of the Forest? Isn't that a good thing? I would protect that reindeer. It's a guardian of the forest not a Meanie of the Forest.