Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – May 30, 2017

Comments

• Options
    Will there be accuracy/evasion/critical strike chance (basically RNG elements in combat), and if yes, and how will it be handled?
  • Options
    Question: Will player housing be sharred between all your characters? Example: if already have a house/freehold on one character will my other characters be able to use that house/freehold.
  • Options
    Do we get playable/summonable catgirls?
    This could be a dealbreaker for many people.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

just wondering how you plan to keep raiding competitive without the implementation of a DPS meter, more so how people can progress without knowing whats going wrong in terms of missing interrupts healing done and damage done, Also how do you plan to set apart the instanced raids vs open world?
  • Options
    For me, playing as a non human race is very important to me. If all an MMO has are humans, dwarves, and elves I won't play it no matter how good it is. Give me something akin to argonian, slithzerikai, tauren, charr, or anything like that. What are your plans to fill that non human player desire?
  • Options
    This is has probably been asked before but Im new to this forum and game and was wondering if the game will be subscription based or a one off payment?
  • Options
    Question: How long will it take an average player to master an Artisan Profession?
  • Options
    Will our characters be able to jump/crouch/roll by default?
  • Options
    Please no.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/official-livestream-qa-question-thread-may-30-2017/page/6/#post-30665">HeroSaai wrote:</a></div>Are there will be ultimate skill’s for avery class on the game ?
    If there is how it well work ?

</blockquote>

Ultimates give too much of a MOBA feel to an MMORPG imo.
  • Options
    Will all metropolises be unique in how they look and will they have different layouts?
  • Options
    Greetings Ashes of Creation.

I usually play monks in mmorpgs. My fascination is with unarmed combat, meditation skills, staffs, fist weapons, mystical abilities and similar monk related attributes one finds in other mmos .

Any thoughts on having a monk as a future archetype?

Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    I posted this on the main KS question page, but I'll post it here as well in hopes of it getting answered.

My most important question: After the Kickstarter ends, will we be given the opportunity to further upgrade our pledges as other KS projects have done? I.e., If I was pledged at the Leader of Men tier (which I just upgraded to from Braver of Worlds) but wanted to upgrade to Royalty or Hero, would I be permitted to do so? Unfortunately one can only have so much in funds at a time. Ideally I would like to upgrade to Hero, but it would have to be after the KS has ended.

I believe allowing such things would be an excellent opportunity to continue gathering funds post-KS. Plus as more information is revealed about the game, other backers may decide hey, I was Pioneer, but now this is really worth being Braver of Worlds. It could be highly beneficial. Y’all would just need to decide how to set up the process for upgrading. I’m begging here, haha.
  • Options
    Steve a question, said that if you saw a good Spanish community with a lot of people, translate the game into Spanish, but, if you do not translate it, as you expect to have a Spanish community large enough if you are not in our language, we will not play, like Many other games in the whiting that are biting the tail.Please,translate this game to Spanish.
  • Options
    If AOC fails, this will be a major and maybe the final blow to kick starter MMORPGS.

What makes Intrepid different and what steps are being taken to ensure a positive delivery?
  • Options
    If we will get home decorations for certain feats in game - will this include uncovering certain parts of the lore? In another game there were home decorations that unlocked as you completed the discover of certain lore elements. It could be neat to have paintings or small statues for your freehold based on the lore progress made.
  • Options
    Will there be instanced raiding in the game? If so could you please explain a little of what you have planned so far? How many diffrent instanced Raids will there be and how many bosses per raid?

Just to clarify, instanced raiding for me is large group (20-40 ppl) PvE content which needs a well organized group to clear and is considerd the most difficult PvE content in the Game.
  • Options
    Are you planning to make "legendary" weapons with "super special" abilities attached to them like "5% chance to stun, 3% chance to petrify, etc?"
  • Options
    Can there be a mini design platform with basic features to allow us to draw our own tattoos? (Example a basic Windows Paint program in-game that can work in conjunction with dyes; without the ability to import images) Perhaps a tattoo parlor.
  • Options
    Question - Will we have npc minions that can do our bidding /jobs we give them while we are off line ?
  • Options
    You previously mentioned a possible mechanic for a group of summoners being able to group up and summon one large monster for a siege. Will there be other class specific group abilities like this, such as a group of tanks being able to form a phalanx to possibly counter the large summon, or a group of magi creating a large shield to protect a building?
  • Options
    Will there be meaningful penalties for death that actually make it something to be feared, such as XP loss?
  • Options
    will healers be able to resurrect party members during and/or after combat ends
  • Options
    How far will be the game by release compatible with technologies like Oculus, HTC Vive or newer released Headsets AND (most important) controllers? Thank you.
  • Options
    For immersion, when a node levels the city would grow in size, therefore needing more npc to populate it. Where do the npc go to or come from? Thin air, or still in the game somewhere (nomads, refugee camps, prisoners etc)?
  • Options
    Question: How Deep of a RPG system will there be since you said there will be marriage. Can 2 players sleep in the same bed. And will every furniture item be interactive etc? This is for the people that want to just enjoy the role play aspect of the game :)
  • Options
    QUESTION:

A lot of MMOs run into the problem of not having enough players playing tank classes. Thus making queue times for dungeons really long. How will the developers prevent this from happening in Ashes?
  • Options
    Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere and I haven't found it yet. Will races arrive to the new world via specific portals? Meaning will there be a human starting area, dwarf starting area, etc. Or will players be able to select which portal they emerge from in the case of pre-release guilds planning to set up shop in a particular node and not have to travel long dangerous distances at an early level?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Question: Have you decided yet on the cash shop costume prize range, as in if it's gonna be closer to $15 or more like $35 per costume? Which do you think would be reasonable?

Question: What is the name of the theme featured in the last stream and is it official game theme?
  • Options
    Will this be a viable game for single players who don't care to join a guild or will most every thing be group/team orientated?
    For instance someone who wants to just wander, explore and gather or craft? Possible hire out to others for adventuring purposes or gathering mats. A work order board works well for such things.

CylverRayne