Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[POLL] What node type will you choose?!?

Comments

• Options
    It's becoming neck and neck between economic and scientific.... which means that, once scientific achieves portals for fast travel, we'll conquer the world!

• Options
    Ghyx said:
    It's becoming neck and neck between economic and scientific.... which means that, once scientific achieves portals for fast travel, we'll conquer the world!

You won't be able to afford portals because we'll have all the money! :D 
  • Options
    Ghyx said:

It looks like someone reading a book sitting on a loo xD
  • Options
    IMHO, I feel that in a game with localized economies the power to have a "regional" auction house, mentioned by Steven in a Twitch stream, would be very powerful. I plan on raising the finest tavern in the land, and the ability to easily source wares, and a town with heavily coined pockets, would make me the most profit.

If the "econ-opolis" is located centrally, or on a coast, it would benefit itself to be a neutral party in any disputes, a safe zone for all other cities citizens as a trading hub.

On a further note, I'm sure that the dev's will do their best to make every option very tempting, because the unique traits will be very powerful in general. The science cities ability to teleport in your node's influence would be very tempting to an explorer as a matter of convenience.
  • Options
    Ghyx said:

looks like its time to "inspire the people" and then tax them even more 
  • Options
    I'll go where the guildies take me, but...divine if I had a choice.  Us clerics need a shot at the top too.
  • Options
    I don't think science is one. Why do you say it's one?
  • Options
    Because Deus Vult
  • Options
    Hey @sunfrog, are you asking if there are scientific nodes? They have indicated there will be 4 node types in a few Q&A's as well as a blog post on nodes here (scroll down to the "node type" section)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    come at me bro
  • Options
    Ghyx said:
    Hey @sunfrog, are you asking if there are scientific nodes? They have indicated there will be 4 node types in a few Q&A's as well as a blog post on nodes here (scroll down to the "node type" section)
    Yes I was @Ghyx
    "As you may know, nodes have 4 different types, Scientific, Economic, Militaristic, and Divine. "

Oh, I guess there is a scientific node then. My bad.
  • Options
    I'm gonna destroy all them other nodes!
    And loot the shineys arrgh!
  • Options
    The polls already indicate a swing, I guess the distribution might end up swinging a different way when more details of the perks associated are known.

That being said, it is possibly in the interests to not have certain node types too powerful anyhow!
  • Options
    Beware it sounds like the scientists are taking over the world!   
    nagash   will have few followers at this rate.

Do I have to choose?  I hate so many choices. Don't complain when I change my mind cuz after all it's a woman's prerogative!

Seriously will we actually know when we enter a node for the first time which way it leans? Or will we have to search until we find what we are looking for?
    I see us as nomads till we find a place to call home.
  • Options
    I'd say Scientific for now, eventough I'll be playing a mage+mage/bard/cleric/summoner.
  • Options
    I am going to be more of an explorer so I am not sure yet, I guess I'll have to just wait until I know where the people that I am planning with are going to decide on
  • Options
    Scientific or Divine for me, that's for sure. The thing is that we don't know much about bonuses each of these "domains" provides, aside from Scientific domains granting the ability to fast travel withing the area of influence of the Metropolis (which is HUGE). If other domains will have bonuses that are similar in power, that'd be great! Also I might go roleplay a trader later on.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    lexmax said:
    nagash said:
    It's time to start the great crusades again vs the living 
    Crusades? Sounds more like a recruiting drive to me ;p
    <picture snip>

• Options
    Seriously will we actually know when we enter a node for the first time which way it leans? Or will we have to search until we find what we are looking for?
    I think Economic will be on the coast for trading with other lands or at least near water.
    Military will be near the mountains for the ore to make weapons.
    Science and Religion can be anywhere but I think Science will be between the coast and Religion because they're smart and they know Religion needs to buy goods from Economic. Military takes what it wants. It doesn't need trade. Religion needs to be away from Military since they don't fight much and they would be easy prey.
  • Options
    I'm highly interested in the religion aspect of the game and how it plays out.  I'm a huge fan of ancient mythology so I am hoping they implement really fantastic lore around the divine and how us players interact with the gods.

The other half of my brain tells me science, because who wouldn't want faster travel time? lol.
  • Options
    I can't pick an option. I feel scientific would be great for gathering and exploring, religious for questing/PVE content, and economic for crafting. The difficulty about enjoying multiple outlets of a MMO. 
  • Options
    I can't pick an option. I feel scientific would be great for gathering and exploring, religious for questing/PVE content, and economic for crafting. The difficulty about enjoying multiple outlets of a MMO. 
    Cool way of thinking about it!

Tying the node that you choose to the profession you're interested in pursuing is an interesting idea - we'll have to see what the non-science node types offer to players at the metropolis level first though :)
  • Options
    Really, they are all good choices, but one is just better, I wont sway your opinion, but there is one that is the best. It starts with an M, or maybe it doesn't... 
  • Options
    Scientific for now but when the servers starts raiding economic all the way :smiley:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'll stick with what I do for Civilization VI games - make my empire religion Bacon.  It's an oral tradition.

My empire will be the greatest thing since...sliced bacon!
  • Options
    I choose no
  • Options
    Military for murderhobo <3
  • Options
    Its so even, I like ;)
  • Options
    Not sure if economic or militaristic :3
  • Options
    Beware it sounds like the scientists are taking over the world!   
    nagash   will have few followers at this rate.

Do I have to choose?  I hate so many choices. Don't complain when I change my mind cuz after all it's a woman's prerogative!

Thats true but the religion of Umbra Mortis will read from the titulus a morte  and bring enlightenment to all nonbelievers