Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[POLL] What node type will you choose?!?

Comments

• Options
    What if one worships the God(s) of Wealth?

• Options
    Solarion said:
    What if one worships the God(s) of Wealth?

Tis a wise person.
  • Options
    Seems like one of the more interesting choices, I'm curious as to what benefits they'll offer.
  • Options
    Is there any info out there regarding the perks of militaristic and Divine metros?
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    Is there any info out there regarding the perks of militaristic and Divine metros?
    Apart from what's in Death Proxy's videos I've seen nothing additional as of yet. I expect them to start releasing info vids in q4 2017 if not sooner so we'll find out more then.
  • Options
    Prosperity FTW ^^
  • Options
    Didn't Steven say that the node types are not chosen?  They are determined as the node develops yes?
  • Options
    Severok said:
    Didn't Steven say that the node types are not chosen?  They are determined as the node develops yes?
    Yes. This is how I understand it.
  • Options
    Divine cities will have the holy blessing of our Gods... thy unfaithfull should tremble in fear, for the Holy Crusades will end all heresy.
  • Options
    Economic or scientific 
  • Options
    Severok said:
    I am surely impatient of knowing more about this mechanic, as well as which bonuses/perks each kind of Metropolis do provide.

So much unknown, so much to learn  :*

• Options
    would chose divine but up to guild leader 
  • Options
    Like Smaug I am drawn to money, gold... wealth.

I lay atop my fortune awaiting death or the coming of a great lord that i might eat, kill.
    Living in an Economic land of prosperity and true riches will bring me ever closer to rising like the flamed gods of old and taking my place on the gilded pedestal of coin.
  • Options
    so much work to do so many nodes to corrupt thank god I have all the time in the world 

• Options
    nagash said:

@nagash One part of me wonders where do you find all these skeletal GIFS.
    The other is too scary to know the answer.
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    nagash said:

On bones for you of course 
  • Options
    Just google "big bone"
  • Options
    nagash said:
    On bones for you of course 
    I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE ASKED DAMMIT
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Just google "big bone"
    I feel like this is a trap.
  • Options
    Severok said:
    Karthos said:
    Just google "big bone"
    I feel like this is a trap.

• Options
    FOR SCIENCE!

• Options
    I'll be original. I go for economic, oh wait...
  • Options
    Will the mechanic of the nodes in the background of the game be something like this:

For argument, the overall world has a maximum node capacity of say, X.
    And lets consider for explaining the idea of the possible mechanic X = 100 points

Stage 1 - Base Node = 1 point
    Stage 2 = 2 point
    Stage 3 = 4 point
    Stage 4 = 8 point
    Stage 5 - Metropolis = 16 point

So at the beginning of game there is potential for 100 Stage 1 nodes.
    As time progresses some of the nodes will develop an un-uniform rates but again for example on the above principal, after a few months of player game play there reaches a server mid development stage where  there is potential for 25 stage 3 nodes (100 pts)

Later as the server matures, with an assumed max number of metropolis at 5, there is a constant battle between the full established 4-5 Stage 4-5 nodes (40-80 points), with a constant vie for power from a scattering of smaller encampments that make up a mix of 1-3 stage encampments ie 10x stage 1, 1x stage 2, 2x stage 3 (20 points) for the remaining 100 points.

Leaving the gateway open for a distant node, or the underdog of nodes to step up or sneak up in status.

What are your thoughts of the possible mechanic?

• Options
    Time to start a cult.
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    nagash said:

So you think he finds them? I thought they were self-portraits.
  • Options
    Severok said:
    @Severok @Rhoqaro Nope, the node type is predetermined. Players cannot influence the type of the node, but depending on the races influencing the node development, the buildings will change in their appearance - see https://ashesofcreation.gamepedia.com/Nodes#Node_Types

• Options
    This is explained in a little more detail as follows:

What types of nodes are there?

• There are 4 different types of nodes: Military, Economic, Divine, and Scientific

Do players get to choose the type of node it will develop into?

• No, the type of node is predetermined.

How can players tell what type of node it is they are developing, in case they don’t want to contribute to the growth of a particular node?

• The NPCs will reflect the type of node to expect, even at stage 1. Divine nodes will have preist NPCs, military will have soldiers, Economic will have traders & merchants, and science will have scholars.

Page 27
  • Options
    I'm very interested into Fantasy (and real life) religions and mythologies and very curious about what Ashes of Creation will come up with. The Pantheon in D&D was amazing, varied and a great source of inspiration.
    Beside that aspect, it seems that the Divine nodes are also the one that will bring more "Lore" oriented gameplay, so I suppose it will be amazing for players that enjoy quest and stories.

• Options
    It's incredibly interesting how most node types are near-equivalent, but the economic type is so much more popular among our forum community - I wonder how this will change once the vast majority of the player base is factored in!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    All nodes seem to have perks, but I prefer to PvP. Fast travel would be really nice though.