Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dearest Nagash

Comments

• It is pay day. 
  • A skeleton is unhappy because it hasn't been paid. 
  • Your dungeon is too small, Dungeon Keeper. Try expanding to increase your minions. 
  • A goblin does a great impression of you. 
  • A skeleton is unhappy because he has no place to sleep.  
    A skeleton is hungry it needs more souls
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Ah, dearest @nagash. I was going through some stuff online, and came across the following. Now, I do know you're British (I think, lol!) and I'm aware that you guys over the pond don't always drink coffee the way we do; however. In your honor, I share with you the following, so that you can keep your American minions happy with bribes as you suck their souls out:

• This thread is truly undead.
  • nagash said:
    Krojak said:
    I'm wondering if @nagash is rethinking this whole immortality, king of the dead bit after spending a few months of @Krojak rib poking. Lol
    Do you even UNDERSTAND how long we have until release? I'm just getting warmed up!
    I have been nice until now but that will soon change 
    I don't think Krojak truly comprehends the magnitude of "nice" as it pertains to you.

Basically Nice to Nagash  = not evaporating you on the spot for being even mildly irritating. In fact I'm sure this would equal a nearly godlike level of patience in his mind.
    edited June 2017
    It is pay day. 
    A skeleton is unhappy because it hasn't been paid. 
    Your dungeon is too small, Dungeon Keeper. Try expanding to increase your minions. 
    OMH @Rumbleforge, I absolutely played the hell out of DKII and think I still have a copy of it somewhere. One of the most inventive and entertaining games ever. I don't pass my likes out lightly but you get a +3 for that reference!

And just for you:

"A Dwarf has converted. These bearded folk fight viciously when attacked, and prove to a be a nuisance to their enemies!"

This is what @Nagash likes to hear from the disembodied voice:

Your creatures rate you as their all-time favourite keeper."
    "Your creatures are in awe of your talents."
    "A prisoner has died and risen as a skeleton."

• It is pay day. 
    A skeleton is unhappy because it hasn't been paid. 
    Your dungeon is too small, Dungeon Keeper. Try expanding to increase your minions. 
    OMH @Rumbleforge, I absolutely played the hell out of DKII and think I still have a copy of it somewhere. One of the most inventive and entertaining games ever. I don't pass my likes out lightly but you get a +3 for that reference!

And just for you:

"A Dwarf has converted. These bearded folk fight viciously when attacked, and prove to a be a nuisance to their enemies!"

This is what @Nagash likes to hear from the disembodied voice:

Your creatures rate you as their all-time favourite keeper."
    "Your creatures are in awe of your talents."
    "A prisoner has died and risen as a skeleton."

Hahahaha, sure, you had to give Nagash some good news, didn't you?  ;).

Yeah, that game was one of the greats. 
  • From now on I am going to read all of nagashs posts in that dungeon master voice... much better/scarier than any Welsh accent could be.

:wink:
  • Megs said:
    From now on I am going to read all of nagashs posts in that dungeon master voice... much better/scarier than any Welsh accent could be.

And for those who don't know what that voice is

• Sorta brings me back to the Baldur's Gate narrator... Only deeper and mildly hateful lol.
  • Megs said:
    From now on I am going to read all of nagashs posts in that dungeon master voice... much better/scarier than any Welsh accent could be.

And for those who don't know what that voice is

And he also brought back his dark narration magic to War of the Overlord, which is the best Dungeon Keeper inspired game out there.  ;)
  • As for @Nagash, do not worry, a foolproof plan has been developed should he start casting any magic towards your soul.
    Step 1 Be Prepared: have a short metal rod on you at all times.  May I suggest a Wand of Many Things.  Although we are waiting for delivery so a backup for now may be needed.
    Step 2 Be Ready: Should you notice casting in your direction or you feel a tug on your soul, simply take your rod and move surreptitiously towards @Nagash.
    Step 3 Take Action: Simply strike the metal rod against his humerus.  Thus causing him to laugh, giggle, etc.  This should interrupt his casting and allow you time to escape.  Please review anatomy before to ensure target accuracy.  Luckily, the humerus should be identifiable quickly due to his undead status.

If you are musically talented, you could play us a little tune by combining the humerus with other bones.  We all enjoy music.  Just remember to strike the humerus regularly to prevent casting.

I posted this in an introduction thread and thought I post it here, to bump this thread because it makes me laugh.
  • Hey @nagash, scary buddy, I found something for you! 

I respect the skeleton who proudly shows off his skull without the need for a useless headdress. May his might ornate scythe cut down his opposition!

I <3 LOVE <3 that!
  • Hey @nagash !
    I found something for your kitchen!
    ;)

• Awesome @Rumbleforge! ^^
    nagash said:
    A skeleton is unhappy because he has no place to sleep.  

I also found something for when his guests have to go to the little bone room.

• I hate you all 
  • nagash said:
    I hate you all 
    Oh come on! You need to loosen up a bit.

Here, take a little hit of somethin' somethin' and RELAX!

/grinds up a bit of warpstone and puts it in a bong for the cranky lich.

• *pokes around Nagash's tomb*

• *runs into his friends*

• *pokes around Nagash's tomb*

Anything shiny?
  • Don't wake the Lich! Let him rest quietly. We can only put up with so much of his moaning :wink:
  • Krojak said:
    Don't wake the Lich! Let him rest quietly. We can only put up with so much of his moaning :wink:
    But shiny lich loot things. ={
  • I'm digging around @Bannith , but all I can find so far is dirty laundry and half eaten cookies. :cookie:
    He must be hiding the good stuff deeper down. ;)
  • He must be hiding the good stuff deeper down. ;)

edited June 2017
    WTF, I posted this already. Me thinks the mods have been lax and not reading through the stack of suspect posts until today.

And I cannot believe you are all so foolish as to go poking about it a Lich's personal tomb. Even I am not that stupid.....I like living! :*