Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the most important aspect of an MMORPG, for you, that you want Ashes of Creation to execute?

Comments

• Options
    @into_memory Take a listen to day 4 PAX Q&A session. Steven goes into detail about combat and where they are headed. The most important take away from it is that they have put almost no development time into combat, instead have been focused on other base systems. The combat you see now will in no way reflect what is coming once they actually put a development team on it.
  • Options
    @into_memory Take a listen to day 4 PAX Q&A session. Steven goes into detail about combat and where they are headed. The most important take away from it is that they have put almost no development time into combat, instead have been focused on other base systems. The combat you see now will in no way reflect what is coming once they actually put a development team on it.
    Thats great to hear. I'll have to keep an eye on changes then ^^
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018
    no pay to win/instant level... make player skill tree big to where each player skill set can be different and unique from each other. star wars galaxies nailed this. its nice to know that your max lvl cap character is different from the next guys regaurdless if you both have same armor and weapon. make sure healers have a very important role and are valuable. solid open world pvp areas
  • Options
    (DAOC) Quests / Creatures that requires coordination and collaboration between 2-3 guilds  to surmount.  (about 100/150 players)

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Monsters that would immerse a living world around town/city, that require specific planning strategies and preparations. Anything simple like weaknesses and resistances to different type of damage (physical, fire, frost, etc.), or different behaviors (like running away when on low hp) would satisfy me. This topic can be explored further what would be very nice, for example someone previously mentioned monsters calling others for help.
  • Options
    Immersive surrounding. Eviroment, music, names, sounds. Especially changing of these. I hate it in MMOS that every odd years when a change comes that theres barley a transition. Just *swoosh* its there. I like the node system and that i can explore the wolrd again and again and find something new everytime.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Meaningful continuity, I understand the reason for content drought or large gaps between content but when mmo's know that there is going to be a gap and then either don't fill it or fill it with something completely meaningless that's when its a problem. It justs ends up looking like bad planning to me.

I will always, in every new MMO I pick up, stay with the game until its first "end game" is over to see 1) how long the gap is and 2) is the content they devs are coming up with worth the wait for me. part of the reason I'm excited about ashes is that there are so many new systems that might have a big hand to play in removing or at least making a gap between new content less visible like the player drove node system etc.

At the stage now where I'm happy with all the sounds the team is making I just hope they can deliver. 
  • Options
    No useless grinding.
    No time sinks.
    No pay to win in any form and at any level.
    Choices (from the options menu to the game itself) - i.e. not all players are morons.
    Meaningful and engaging PVE content.
    No dumbing down of the game in any way, shape or form.
  • Options
    No useless grinding.
    No time sinks.
    No pay to win in any form and at any level.
    Choices (from the options menu to the game itself) - i.e. not all players are morons.
    Meaningful and engaging PVE content.
    No dumbing down of the game in any way, shape or form.
    What do you mean by "dumbing down"? Since there is no such thing as objective simple or complex, what kind of level of complexity are you talking about? 
  • Options
    Auto-pathing

If this game won't have fast travel, I don't want to spend half playing the game just walking. If I can set my character to path his way along the roads while I go make dinner, get some cleaning done, or otherwise be productive... at least I can do other things instead of stare at a road for 20min.

Or really any AFK something to do while I wait for my friends to travel 20min to get to me. I know they announced no AFK fishing already... but I hope there is something to kill time with while travel happens. 

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love that there is no fast travel because it solves a lot of zerg issues... really makes the world feel bigger... if there is auto pathing I much prefer worlds with no fast travel.... pros and cons right?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Auto pathing ?
    The idea is every step is exploration/adventure.
    If travel is boring then they aint doing their job.
    If you go AFK autopilot, you should return to a corpse IMO.

And for a game desperate to be rid of BOTs....why on earth would they add tools to encourage it ?
  • Options
    Cloak physics...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    1. Market controlled only by players (no dev interference)
    2. Rich and comlex crafting system
    3. Naval content
    4. Risk and reward based caravan system
    5. World reacting to player actions
    6. Smooth and fun to play combat animations. (you guys should hire animators from east/ most of the western mmo combat animations is just dull)
    7.and big guilds with different ideologies in server :) 
  • Options
    Boob and butt physics of course.
  • Options
    Rodzor said:
    Boob and butt physics of course.

reported
  • Options
    Allusir said:
    Auto-pathing

If this game won't have fast travel, I don't want to spend half playing the game just walking. If I can set my character to path his way along the roads while I go make dinner, get some cleaning done, or otherwise be productive... at least I can do other things instead of stare at a road for 20min.

Or really any AFK something to do while I wait for my friends to travel 20min to get to me. I know they announced no AFK fishing already... but I hope there is something to kill time with while travel happens. 

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love that there is no fast travel because it solves a lot of zerg issues... really makes the world feel bigger... if there is auto pathing I much prefer worlds with no fast travel.... pros and cons right?
    I'm against auto pathing. If there are caravans then there will also be carriges. So pay for transport, get in the carrage and take a ride through the countryside.
  • Options
    Allusir said:
    Auto-pathing

I'm against auto pathing. If there are caravans then there will also be carriges. So pay for transport, get in the carrage and take a ride through the countryside.
    Auto pathing sounds dull. I like the idea of having to travel between places, the caravan notion in that regard is an excellent example as it makes the distance more meaningful. 
    God help us all if they put AFK activities in here... please don't bring aspects of BDO into this. Once AFK is introduced, then the level cap for crafting (or whatever the mechanics are for it) has the potential to go through the roof (just like BDO).
    On the other hand, if there's a carriage system where people have to pay for the travel on the road, in some cases paying for the travel could also add meaning in the cost. Makes people consider both options. Only thing for this is I'd like the caravan to actually move kind of like the transport system was in Archage. Poor as that game was in other aspects, I loved the blimp transport system. Even made some friends along the way while we all travelled.
  • Options
    Please God, no BDO braindead profession mechanics.
  • Options
    This isn't the most important thing but... after experiencing it in other games and how they do it...

Weather systems.
    Since it seems the world will be seemless and no loading I would like a real weather system played out. Clouds forming over water, following paths and bringing rain, hail, snow, tornados and lightning. Droughts, high winds, calms, having a sailing ship becalmed in the ocean.

None of the "Rain starts falling so clouds appear out of nowhere to fit in." stuff I keep running across.
  • Options
    No hand holding - I think what's ruining most mmorpgs these days is the fact that they have a main quest line which you are guided through, holding your hand the whole time. I think this completely ruins the fun of exploration and being the first to discover certain items/aspects of the game. In my personal opinion, I think virtually no information should be shared before release. Allow players to discover the world for themselves, and solve quests by using their heads. 

Npc familiarity and secret quests - On that note, I think there should be a secret npc-favor system that is not revealed to players. By speaking to an NPC repeatedly over time, you could unlock additional dialogue and even secret quests, which would reward you with a rare item. 

Limited/Unique items - It's extremely satisfying to be able to acquire an item that no one else (or very few people) have. It would be cool if every patch a new set of secret quests were released, each rewarding players with a new rare item. There could also be a limit to the number of people who can complete the quest to keep these items extremely rare. 

overall I just want an mmorpg that has a more in-depth element to it when it comes to exploring the world. There needs to be some sort of incentive to explore places that no one goes, talk to npcs that no one uses, and discover secret aspects of the game simply by being curious and exploring. 
  • Options
    What they said <points up>.  Basically I want everything.  Is that too much to ask? >:)  Basically I want a game with good combat, in-depth crafting, a housing system that lets you decorate how you want (SWG and EQ2 spring to mind), a big beautiful world to explore with a story to go along with it, unique classes and a detailed character creation system.  And anything else that was said that I missed.  B)
  • Options
    Balance.
  • Options
    Allusir said:
    Auto-pathing

I'd accept a carriage system.

Just as long as I don't have to spend 20min of my time driving a horse along roads just to get to where I need to be. Sure, the landscape will be pretty the first dozen times... but when I'm on trip between node A & B for the 100th time... I'm just so used to games without fast travel being 50% actually playing the game and 50% walking to get to the part I want to play. 

If 20min of travel time has to happen... I'd rather do laundry. 
  • Options
      That fun spirit of a new game like a certain other game through 4.0 or 5.0.  After that wow seemed to get gaudy gear, vanity everything and the game was lost. 
      Access to raiding. I had a hard time getting into good raid groups, once in my main and alts came into demand. That was frustrating, but that's lucky compared to other guildies who never received the same chance. 
      Solid quests and questlines. Often the storyline you are supposed to be doing feels way more like "kill 8 of these", next quest feels like "get in line and find 12 of these"

• Options
    Bugs fixed as quickly as possible and acknowledgement that they exist.  I went back to DAoC a few years back and some of the same bugs were still in the game. Come on, if you can't fix it, take it out of the game and/or replace it with something else.
  • Options
    I've brought this up numerous times during many years of playing MMO's...why not have a personal item quest, this could be your LIFE QUEST so to speak for your ultimate combat or defense item. This would start around level 8-10 and is not obtainable till your max level. i.e. each level will have a VERY hard quest to do before going on to the next one. Make it hard, make me work for it. When I finally get it, have it give me a GREAT sense of accomplishment. I would say with the awesome art team you have in place now, have it so you can customize to a degree your item. So not everyone has the same staff/sword/shield in the game. This doesn't have to be much, you could have different tops for staves, different blade shapes and hilts for swords, but give me an option to choose how i want my weapon/shield to look if I took the time to do the whole quest line. I would also tinker on making if you did not pick this quest up before say level 15 you're just SOL and it's not doable. UNLESS you want to pay a hefty fee in gold to get the quest and then have to start out in the beginning as we had to do at level 8,

Saw this before but don't dumb down the game, nothing should be a hand out. The old saying is still strong, 'a gift earned is cherished more than when it was given.' A perfect example of this is the druid water form quest in WOW. In vanilla it was hard....now, it's a complete joke. The only reason something should be taken down in difficulty is when no one is achieving the goal.

Have a very strong community as we have now, and the Intrepid staff keep in touch with the player base as much and as often as they can.

Smarter monsters, have them have a purpose not just canon fodder for us to kill.

Speaking of being smarter, how about having some of the NPC's in the cities, have a vast AI, i.e. that he will remember you and the more you visit him/her the better deals you will receive, will give you tips, maybe he received a new magic item you might be interested in. This would not be available anywhere or any other time until you build up your rapport with him/her.

Give me a huge world with lots to do and  many places to explore and learn lore.

• Options
    The most important thing for me is Head-Wall-Bashing for hours against a Boss all for the sweet loot.
  • Options
    The most important thing for me is Head-Wall-Bashing for hours against a Boss all for the sweet loot.
    A hard boss fight is so rewarding after you beat it with a group of friends so yes this is something a completely agree with
  • Options
    100% agreed - the problem is, all too often studious try to change this formula and it doesn't work out.  Don't reinvent the wheel as a sphere.
  • Options
    I agree with alot of the points Zynen brought up especially 1,2,3,6,8,11 and 13.
    Progression (leveling, rewards through hard work and so on) is very important for me to feel engaged in an mmo. I want to feel like I earned what I accomplished, if there is always something to improve there is always something to do and keep yourself intrigued into the game.

Gameplay and combat is also very important, it doesnt have to be flashy or fast-paced just interesting in its own way, whatever that might be.

Freedom is my most important feature in an mmo, I want to feel like the world is there to be explored and discovered. Like most of what you see can be reached or used. The freedom to walk over that mountian in the horizon, the freedom to build your own house, the freedom to mix your classes and create something unique that will suit your mindset/playstyle. To not feel the shackles of many modern mmos and boundaries constantly holding you down, its incredibly tiring overtime. 

Ashes already has alot of this on their agenda, I just hope they will manage to have freedom and yet keep it balanced.