Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the most important aspect of an MMORPG, for you, that you want Ashes of Creation to execute?

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Short and sweet story. 
  • Options
    Pet commands.  A.I. 
  • Options
    For me, its the tools to make Sandbox elements work. The ability for players to create content.
    So the caravans, Freeholds, Node Systems, Guilds etc
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I want a game where people can't run secondary programs that give out DPs numbers or healing totals.  After 20 years of MMOs I am absolutely tired of the min/maxers ruining the games.  "If your mage build and spell rotation isn't xxxx then you can't join the raid."  If there is no way to measure it they will go away!  
  • Options
    PLEASE ADD IN IDOC HOUSING SYSTEM. SEE ULTIMA ONLINE FOR MORE DETAILS.
  • Options
    Please o please don't rush combat/skill leveling. Leveling you character should be a rewarding journey in itself.

I love it when my lvl 16 character feels more capable than it was at lvl 15, after it took me a decent amount of time to get there. Not just be walking to a zone, talk to an NPC, kill 3 mobs and level up instantly. 

I'm also a big fan of an in-depth AND useful skilling/crafting system as well as a user-friendly and clear interface for these skills.
  • Options
    that PvP has a meaning(and is not just another kind of quest( or chore (fight for resources is a chore))) even if you play alone and not in a Guild. Guild vs Guild is nice but if you are too inactive to be in a guild that doesn´t matter to you 
  • Options
    A vote system like OSRS that let the players decide and vote on what they wanna see next in the game
  • Options
    Greetings, gamers.  Rogue Raven here.
    There are many important aspects of an online game that are not always executed properly in games coming out on the MMORPG scene.  What aspect(s) is most important to you?  What games have exemplified this aspect and how would you approve upon it if possible?

~Rogue Raven
    Thespian Extraordinaire
    I want its story telling mechanics to be well developed. I find its hard to find replay-ability if the story is so boring that it cant provide spice as it develops and possible alternate routes of story telling. I was a big fan of choose your own adventure books as a child.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    For me, I want the ability to immerse myself in the world without having to worry about things like clunky UI or AI, or headache inducing graphics effects, or people running around intentionally being jerks to each other just to ruin other people's gameplay. I know the devs don't have much control of that last one; that's really going to be up to the community that comes into the game. But I have real hope that I can get all these things in this game.

So, I guess, I really want a filled out world that has little details that make it seem living, solid ways to interact with the world, lots of graphics options, and a good community.
  • Options
    Immersion in the game world. I think Black desert did this right in the early stages of gameplay experience. The graphics and music in the game are top notch and I've found myself just admiring the beauty of the game many times. I particularly like the atmosphere in the smaller settlements in Black desert and I'd rather spend my time doing quests in them than grinding monsters in later areas.

Meaningful and fair PVP is my second most important thing in an MMO. Black desert, in contrast to my former paragraph and ironically, has a badly designed PVP experience. Warhammer online has the best PVP experience of all the MMOs I've played, WOW comes second.
  • Options
    The most consistently fun and repeatable and predictably enjoyable content in any MMO I've ever played: Alterac Freakin Valley in Vanilla WoW.

Instanced: Everyone there is there willingly, and is fair game.
    PvEvP: Player vs Player in a Player vs Environment scenario. 
    Epic: The battles could rage for hours, or in some cases, days.
    Strategic: You could join the mindless mob and just fight, but there was plenty of tactical advantages to be had if you knew the rules of the valley.

Why do I bring that up? Because that is what AoC needs. A repeatable, consistently available, epic PvEvP area we can go to test our mettle against one another en masse. Tactical missions, supportive PvE, or simply mindless zerg PvP. It needs it all and it needs to be grande, fun, and rewarding.

I'm hoping that the caravan system will offer some of this. And that the castles/node sieges will offer more of it. But that is what I think is the most important thing for them to get right.
  • Options
    I'd like to butt in with one more thing about expansions:
    Will they basically be mandatory for players when a new one comes out? I think Blizzard did it the wrong way for TBC; they put in both artificial barriers (the Belf starting zone) and used portals to separate the zones "physically" from the old world.
    IMNSHO the increase in mob levels should be enough to (eventually/quickly) halt non-expansion players while at the same time enticing them to buy the expansion when they see it. (If expansions actually increase levels and are not balanced to be able to play without the expansion.)
    The Belf starting area not being made part of the old world is just bad design IMO.

Summary: Make up your mind if you want both expansion and non-expansion players playing at the same time and how an expansion is seen by those without it.
  • Options
    I just want that Node system to makes us want log in back and back again and not get stale and boring after a while like themparked mmos can get
  • Options
    @Startripper the expansions will be free, so no worries about a barrier or being behind a paywall. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018

And we did get a half answer during a livestream where we got them to promise that a DLC and "expansion" mean the same thing. So you won't see any dodgy shit like ESO where DLC are part of the sub and "expansions" are considered paid extra content.
  • Options
    Would love to see the sense of community be a cornerstone. The world should be a place for players to band together and overcome great difficulties.

Content that is obviously single player experience (solo quests, crafting, etc) is just that.
    World bosses, dungeons, raids, world events, et al should be well beyond a single players ability at the appropriate level in level appropriate gear. Ex. A level 20 player in level 20 gear cannot solo a level 20 5-man dungeon - If this happens then IS has failed to properly design the dungeon and or class/build.

Servers should be large enough to have a wide and deep pool of players to get to know and choose from for the various activates. But they should not be so large that one can easily get lost in the crowd (unless one tries real hard to do so, of course).

The game should greatly reward community driven events without punishing solo play.

A community is made up of individuals but a community can only grow when the individuals band together in common purpose.