Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the most important aspect of an MMORPG, for you, that you want Ashes of Creation to execute?

Comments

• Options
    There are many aspects of mmorpgs that can make or break a game for me. I love the exploring and trying to get to parts of the world thats hard to get to or has a good view. A good story is a must and also good community development. But also I am here to kick ass and take names.

One of the problems of mmo's that I have found that kills the game for me is the need to do busy repetitive work on a daily or weekly timeout that when missed can very much slow progression... I want to be able to play and progress without doing the same redundant thing a million times. There is a difference between working hard for what you want and the developers forcing that busy work down your throat.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    For me the most important factor is slow exp gaining (no lvl cap rushing). I hope we will play for months or years to reach max lvl! And I don't want to reach 15-20 lvl (where 50 is max) after 1 day of playing like in other modern MMO games... For me the slowest the better!
  • Options
    @Taneroth thats so true, I hated playing MMOs, where in a flash you can get to max level in 3-6 days. Let the leveling be very slow.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Buenas tardes muy buena pregunta desde mi punto de vista, no es solo un aspecto, son varios entre los que están la historia del juego, la comunidad y la actividad de la parte de los creadores del juego con contenido nuevo y el mantenimiento del mismo, para mí esos son los 3 aspectos más importantes en un mmorpg pero hay muchos otros que me gustaron como el que la creación de tu personaje sea única espero mi comentario les sea de ayuda.
  • Options
    for starters character creation :P i love spending alot of time creating an avatar, even though ill probably be staring at the back of it 90% of the time while playing, but there is just something about creating a character which u can make uique more personal :D 
    the development of a char through the game, like skills, jobs and other traits that will help define ur char.
    i find that graphics are very important too, for me its not so much how realistic or cartoonish it might look, but the amount of detailing that was projected into the envoirenment. Even though im not looking out my window i still appreciate a good view. :p 
    good storyline, and a good balance of quests. i mean killing is always fun ( i swear im not a phsyco) but when it gets to the point where its pure grinding, then it kinda makes it more of something u have to do to advance instead of enjoying the game to the fullest :D 
    and last the combat. so far iv'e been hearing both good and bad about combat system, but we all have different taste in what good combat is, so i am really exticed to try it out, i just hope theres a good flow and reaction time, and combos, which makes it more fun also. 

so far it seems that ashes of creation has alot of the things ive tried and liked from different Mmorpgs.

• Options
    One of the most important things in an mmo is a  strong cummunity so I would like to see great incentives to group and play together.  Full servers are really fun. Kind of like going outside and playing with a buch of friends vs single online experience.
  • Options
    Can't believe nobody's said "Endowment Slider" yet...
  • Options
    Naxep67 said:
    I like a long time to reach endlevel. High Equip have hard to get too. 
    So i think that developer have enough time to put new content into the game when the most players are in "endgame". 

I agree with this. I have lost count of the amount of games where I would be there day 1 and on day 3 see people complaining of lack of content at max level and they have nothing to do.

And Please, PLEASE, don't make the main questline a fountain of exp that sends you right to max level without any need to explore sidepaths.
  • Options
    Rather than making it a fountain of exp, they should make so leveling is difficult and farming/grinding exp is necessary to a certain extent.
  • Options
    1- detailed creative character creation
    2- exciting well-done combat system/mechanics (with good animations) that feels alive and need skills & effort to master (such as gw2, they have the best so far)

• Options
    edited December 2017
    как можно больше всяких разных нарядов одежды как в Клинок и Душа из боссов там выбивать можно наряды одежду, нон таргет из дракон догма японская версия мне очень эта система понравилась так же и классы от туда можно взять алхимик, магический лучник. и мир нужен огромный что бы несколько дней не хватил его полностью обойти, сильные и умные мобы, игра должны быть очень сложный, мир должны быть единый а не поделенный на локацию с переходами а то как в клинке и душа понаставил переходы и сидит на один загрузку а не играет, еще обязательно в игре нужно много всяких секретах, тайники, головоломки, тайны, и что бы появлялся не в одном и том же месте а случайный образом по всему миру, ни каких телепортов все убрать.
    Translated:
    As many different clothes as possible in Blade & Soul from bosses there can be knocked out clothes outfits, non target from Dragon's Dogma Online Japanese version I really liked this system as well and classes from there you can take alchemist, magical archer. And the world needs a huge one that would not be enough to completely bypass it for a few days, strong and clever mobs, the game must be very complex, the world should be single and not divided into locations with transitions, but how in Blade & Soul ponastavili transitions and sit on some downloads But do not play, there is still a need in the game for all sorts of secrets, caches, puzzles, secrets, and that would appear not in the same place but randomly around the world, or any teleports to remove everything.

Puzzles and secrets!  A large open world to explore.  Random spawning high level mobs that roam the entire world. Excitement and danger. Random Live events.
    I love the idea of old style puzzles to be in MMORPG. Hidden passage and areas found by exploration and experimentation.  Touch an odd area on a wall not to noticeable that open a passage way and such.

Having to solve a Random Game Lore Riddle to get past a Guardian that could lead to a quest to gather clues if you can't figure it out.

• Options
    As a casual gamer I mill try to create a rogue/mage that will hunt and attack caravans and other players in a certain area so later on the stories will be told abut some creature that lives within the forest deeps:D
    Dont mind get killed by bounty hunters or so - that is the live I will live in this game :D
  • Options
    I would like to see them make their visions of nodes and taverns a reality. If they can pull that off ill be playing this game for a very long time. 
  • Options
    I want a game where skill matters more than gear.

In GW2 it was easy to get max level gear. People with jobs but love games and no-lifers were on the same footing for stats. People who did nothing but play the game had more time and experience, so they might win in a fight... but at least I could hold my own. The level cap never moved from 80 (at least for the few years I played) and the gear never really went up either. It was all about your build, and your skill using it. 

In BDO, I spent too much time enjoying the crafting and life skills. By the time I wanted to try the combat I was so far behind, and could never catch up. Some of the guys in my guild played 8+ hours a day just to be a few levels higher than most because gaining one level took weeks... I lost every fight I was in, because I would die in 1-2 hits because I was so far behind... and could never begin to catch up. 

I don't want a game with an endless grind, where the purpose of grinding is so you can grind stronger monsters. I don't want a game where there is no gear / level cap allowing no-lifers to rule the game because only stats matter.

Yes I admit, if two people were close in numbers, then skill mattered and the combat system in that game was fun... but I was never against someone close to my level, only experienced fights where I was dead in 1-2 hits... or where they stood there for me to hit them with everything I had, not put a scratch on them even after a whole minute... try to run and THEN get 1 shot.. 

If I lost a fight in GW2 (sPvP or WvW) I knew I lost to someone who was better than me... not just someone who had more time than me. If I won, then I know I won because I was better, not because my numbers were bigger. Much more satisfying. 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Most of my aspects were already written.. 
    so I will just write two points I would be happy about in AoC:
    a acoustical good voice chat
    and
    playable instruments (maybe with mml)
    (and maybe some sort of record.. like a CD Player or something so you can play music in your house)
  • Options
    Ribenji said:
    Most of my aspects were already written.. 
    so I will just write two points I would be happy about in AoC:
    a acoustical good voice chat
    and
    playable instruments (maybe with mml)
    (and maybe some sort of record.. like a CD Player or something so you can play music in your house)
    That voice chat, will have to be extremly restricted (only in party), if I heard players speaking all around me everywhere I go I think I'd go crazy....
  • Options
    @AutumnLeaf
    They said the VOIP will be for parties and raids. They  also said  they could extend it to guilds, but still need to test how it works before they implement it on guilds. I don't think you will hear a crowd in the middle of a city.
  • Options
    They have already said it will be toggled if you don't want to use it. Which is essential. Every game that has it that I have played I always run into some strange French guy singing "Ohhhh, Sank heeven for leetle gurls..." at the top of his voice.
  • Options
    i d like to see some specialty crafting with a only a few (very few sometimes only one person on that server) being able to craft an item. Ie : only a weapon smith named Jeffrey can make "The sword of Jeffrey". However if this person stops playing.. say for a period of (arbitrary time here) that overall pattern becomes available to a new weapon smith say named Bob, and is now known as "the sword of Bob"

• Options
    I know that this might be a little late for this discussion, but it is only recently I knew of Ashes of Creation.  Firstly I am really excited about the game like many others, and would like to throw in my 2 cents worth on things.  Skill progression still seems to be a little murky.  Hopefully  Intrepid can break out of the standard fantasy MMO trap of level based progression and go with more of a skill or time based.  A great example of what I am talking about is EVE Online.  An excellent, and still viable, game that has stood the test of time (and very time consuming as well, which is why I had to give it up after a while).  Anyway, it would be great if it were at least possible for a newbie, or a group or them, with few 'in game' skill levels to take out a higher level character.  Face it no matter how many level 70 characters your get together in WOW, that lone level 90 is always going to beat the snot out of them.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a difficult vertical leveling experience but would also like to have a skill level where when you first learn a skill you kind of stink at it because your (1), and then with use get better until you master that skill at (50). Each time you use the skill you increase your level slowly getting better and better.
  • Options
    There are a few elements I'd like to see executed on well. A lot of them the more recent MMOs have steered away from as they didn't encourage a single user to player easily.

• Difficulty - In the early days of MMOs, the difficulty for individual enemies was set fairly high that most players required another player to complete most 1 on 1 encounters. I actually found this invigorating for several reasons: It forced, in a heavy handed manner, that players need to work together to accomplish goals. While being heavy handed in doing this wasn't always the best policy it did make it so you formed bonds that survived many pitfalls and allowed you to develop a tight knit community.
    • Class Focus: Each class mattered and had a unique playstyle associated with it. People then had to master those classes
    • Dynamic free market : This can be primarily seen in Eve online as a success with their player driven economy and having most items be created by users at this point then sold onto a larger region based market. Having a player driven economy from top to bottom with more parts or ingredients being dropped rather than items makes it so players need to work cooperatively to get some items or have items crafted in a certain fashion. Elder Scrolls online did a similar job with how in depth their crafting system functioned. It allowed for various materials to attribute the characteristics of the items allowing people to focus in a direction they wanted with their character.
  • Options

First I realize that no matter what Ashes of Creation brings to the table, they will never make everyone happy due to the many different reasons that people decide and choose and play their game or MMO’s in general. With that said, MMO games have come a long way over the last 20 years, with so many different tittles giving gamers many different reasons to want to play a specific game. With technology and graphics now most of the popular MMO’s have good graphics and vast worlds with lots to explore.  I find myself looking for that spark that made me want to play MMO’s in the first place and try to find my own piece of that world to play off of.  I feel that a good MMO should have content made for the guilds in mind and also for solo players. I have been part of a great guild for most of my MMO experience with the Grievance Gaming family and they always support both sides of the game allowing people to participate in large groups as well as allowing people to do their own thing, knowing that real life comes first and not everyone can put the time into a game as others. Guilds really make a difference in the games I have played.

Without blowing this up into specifics, things that make me want to play any MMO is feeling unique in that game. I don’t want to look and have what everyone else has. Most end game content, is the same for everyone in the games I have played and the only customization was color, unless you pay into unique costumes that you must purchase. Crafting was always something I liked to do, however I remember some games giving tittles to the gear that was made by someone. My first game was Ultima Online, which was very bad in graphics being 2D and failing in my opinion at 3D, however with fully customizable player housing, armor, and crafting. I was allowed to be creative in my own way and I felt unique in that game, not just another player doing a daily grind to get to max level as fast as possible.

In some games siege activities I found fun, having unique world activities pertaining to holidays and unique items that can be collected and displayed in your house were fun for people addicted to collecting stuff.  Game achievements were also a good things giving people specific tittles so they could show off what they have accomplished are also good to have. I have played many MMO’s within the last 20+ years and my needs and ability to play games have changed, and I have less time to play now. I still have not found that one good game that makes me want to play, and not eventually feel like a second job of endless grinding to get to a level I can feel like I can be a part of a group. A good balance of PVE and PVP are important in my opinion also. PVP for all levels not just end game.  I look forward to seeing what becomes of AOC, and I plan to be in the opening, hopefully with an Alpha key so I can really see what this game is about.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in game.

• Options
    All i want is a free camera movement. I hate having to click to see.........soooo aggrvating.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Another idea .. or wish
    One skill for each character that cant be chosen..sounds stupid but gives everyone a bit more "importance"
    (and with skill i mean like any kind of skill .. let it be a combat skill or an action skill (like short range teleportation as action skill or a fast dash as a combat skill)

and another nice feature would be something like "timed logout"
    so that you have to go into a safe place like a tavern to logout otherwise it will take like 5min or something ..it will turn taverns into a hotspot (beside all the ideas/features Intrepid Studios already has for taverns)
  • Options
    I think MMOs need to draw from collective experience of MMO gaming community to include the best features, polish them, and experiment ever slightly with new tactics to improve the game without breaking it. Open-world, interesting questing, voice-overs, combat mechanics, social features, revisiting old areas, worthwhile PvP are all the good stuff to focus on.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Skriptchaz said: i want legendary and epic items to mean something again. i hate how every new expansion makes everyone restart and all that hard work to obtain such items meaningless. i want extremely hard to get items(weapons, gears), be be like a mark of respect from the community and a badge of honor. Make Legendary and epic items meaningful again :)

It would seem AoC current crafting model fits in with what you are mentioning. Imagine taking your tier 2 Legendary Sword of Truth from Trogdor the Burninator and fusing it with tier 3 Sword of Kladenets from Bogatyr the Great to create a tier 3.25ish type item by increasing specific stats of your choice. It would bring necessity to older content which further perpetuates node conflict all while keeping that epic feeling to your original item. :P 
  • Options
    i played a lot of different mmo over the year, but only those who could bring me in some commitement get me nostalgic. But this commitement, 3 kids later, wife and job, can it be achieve or i'm just doom to play solo quest, or grinding badge in a team automatic matching system, with an auto teleport map and an auto-crafting system. 
    i got expectation for ash of creation, please don't make this game too easy, the best mmo i played was hard, but you feel like a real accomplishement what you've done.(sorry for my poor english)  
  • Options
    Personally? A large part of an MMOrpg for me is purely based around the community, games these days have become more and more "Click this button, run random things, you'll likely never see them again"... This mentality removes two of the greatest things about MMO's in my opinion, player interaction and player accountability. 

Hopefully this game will help out in this area and not let us LFG and LFR.

• Options
    Personally? A large part of an MMOrpg for me is purely based around the community, games these days have become more and more "Click this button, run random things, you'll likely never see them again"... This mentality removes two of the greatest things about MMO's in my opinion, player interaction and player accountability. 

Hopefully this game will help out in this area and not let us LFG and LFR.

The mechanic of a groupfinder not being in game has been stated multiple times. No instant travel, no port to group, none of that is making an appearance.