Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the most important aspect of an MMORPG, for you, that you want Ashes of Creation to execute?

Comments

• Options
    Accommodating people with disabilities, too many games require perfect hand/eye coordination, the colors can't be altered for the color blind, there are limited keybindings for people with one hand. I've even run into a couple where the text can't be resized, making reading text nearly impossible. I'm hoping this will be a game that allows more people access than ever before.
  • Options
    Someone probably said it already, but I'm to lazy right now to read through 4 sites.

It's not one specific aspect I want to see, I want an overall good game. There are so many MMO attempts that excel at on particular thing and utterly suck in pretty much everything else.
    Give me a well rounded game and do what you promised to do. I think this will be more than enough to get us started.
    WoW may have had some situational/timing luck going on that helped, but it was overall a very good game for the time. That, in my opinion is all it needed to grow into such a titan.
  • Options
    I'd say make the game an adventure, make me travel instead of letting me teleport around, No dungeon finders. Immersion! These things just do so much. Do this, and I'll be hooked.
  • Options
    An awesome story with great cinematics. No immersion breaking mounts, outfits, or pets. rewarding crafting system even gathering (You can make gathering fun). Meaningful interactions meaning everything you do is working toward progressing your character in some way. Albion Online did a good job with that. And a fair and balanced combat system. I don't want to see a battlefield full of rogues because they are stupidly over powered or if you don't have this gear and build this way you're trash.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    1.Nontarget system, and 23-25 active skills +5-8 buffs.
    2.PvP and PvE servers, PvP servers with no penalties such as karma, PvE serverfor players who want to play untouchable (so they dont conmplain.)
    3.No teleports, only you and you legs or mount.
    4.Free open world PvP.
    5.Hardcore, money drop, xp lose,  dangerous mobs, and hardcore dungeons with hardcore bosses. 
    5.No safezones, beside the player own house.
    6. Ability to thief items and money from people.
    7.Players freedom, and much interaction between players.
    And a community without carebears 

• Options
    COMBAT. If combat is not working it will ruin the game even it would be perfect in every other aspect. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    For me :smile: 
    - A vast world to explore bigger than all the games combined until now and without zone of download.
    - A grand interaction with all the protagonists of the story (multitude of choices of answer and orientation (story) of the central figure) but especially not to use sentences or repetitive movements in the game (PNJ), that we see ceaselessly in MMORPG
    - An extremely long story of the central figure allowing to have none similarities or the same missions between players (friends for example)...
    - Ground and flying animals (pets) 
    - A technique of very realistic fight.... Several attacks, parades, dodges, with the possibility of crawling, of squatting, to jump, to climb(soar) and to swim ...
    - At present Star Citizen is becoming a grand game of science fiction, I want to believe that Ashes of creation will be the best medieval of all times game  ;-) 
    I consider very strong in you !!  
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I want my gear to be a resume of where i been and what i have killed and know the team work involved in that. Not a resume of how much gold i was willing to farm up for a crafter to get my gear.

• Options
    What a hard question. I have multiple things I hope AoC executes flawlessly, I'd have to say Guilds and Events overall. They make MMO's what they are. I think WoW has been alive for so long simply because of the expansions/events that change the world.
  • Options
    The ability to customize our houses/land! I want to put items where I want them, however many I want to! Not pre-set locations! Give me house layout options, or let me make my own design. Let me decorate my land how I want it! Again, no pre-set locations. 

Animal taming! I want to tame wild beasts and put them to work.  A show animal that plays around a yard? Sure! A team member to attack bad guys? Sure! Pack animal? Sure! Breed for unique patterns/behaviors/resources? Sure! Animals are awesome!

And I kinda want to shapeshift (custom!)... but no game has ever pulled that off properly... so thats a stretch I guess.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    challenge, I wanna see that freaking tank with the helmet that only drops from that last boss I will take a year to see, take a year of other challeging content slowly evolving my char and guild with that prize in mind while doing amounts of open world pvp while walking to the dungeons.

what about the tank? 1 year with the same helmet? don't play 24h/7 kek
  • Options
      Create talent trees that are meaningful to your class. The talent trees should allow different build types for each class. For example, A ranger should be able to take a talent that increases range but the draw back is that reduces damage the further out it goes. Or a power shot, that is a up close shot that does high damage. However, one can not take both, thus, making the ranger choose a speciality. By doing this talent trees will be meaningfull again and will create nuances within each class.
      Same with weapons. The character should have to learn a weapon and use over time in order to get better with it. Once the character reaches a certain point with the weapon he/she should get a bonus. There should be ammo limitations on arrows, catapults, magic use etc. It will make the game feel more relistic.
      There needs to be some sort of Fatigue guage for characters. Thus, the character will need to eat, rest, and actully sleep somewhere safe when you log out. This could be at a camp site that your character made or back at an inn. 
      Skills/Crafts, such as cooking, first aid, alchemy, black smithing, etc.... have been made worthless over the years in many of the MMORPGs that I have played. Make skills/crafts mean something again.
      Please, make healers needed outside dungeons and raids again. Currently, in two very popular MMORPGs every class has some type of heal abillity allowing them to grind indefinitely. Thus, no need for healers or skills/crafts that heal or buff your character while out in the world.
      I loved the combat system and charcter creation in Tera. Please allow dyes in the game so one can customize the color of one's armor, robes, boots etc. So everyone doesnt look the same.
    Please make MMORPGs fun and meaningfull again. 

• Options
    I'm just hoping it breaks away from the normal "difficulty" of current MMOs. I would love to see a game that things don't just hit harder to kill you... I miss the old player 1 shots if you messed up a mechanic... You know an MMO where you actually need to pay attention again instead of staring at the bottom of your screen and button mashing. 
  • Options
    NO class swapping. I am tired of class swapping at command. Takes the uniqueness out of  the game
  • Options
    This might sound strange but since I don't want to repeat other great suggestions here..

Treasure hunting. Strangely enough when I think back to ways I blew hours in other MMO's 2 things leap out at me.

Hunting Leaping Lizzy in FF11, and exploring the hell out of the bottom of the ocean in AA. Though Trade pack running to the enemy continent and housing in AA was also a huge huge thing for me.

Damn you AA for fucking it all up with your absolutely unforgivable cash store grab.
  • Options
    After another "fine" WoW discussion I remembered one more thing that I dearly want to be a factor: You can eff up the game (talents/gearing/whatnot) by making the wrong choices. Please don't do extreme hand-holding.
    'There will always be an optimal talent choice' - yes, and if that bothers you then you should remove all talents and choices.
    Failure should be an option.
  • Options
    My and my mates raping shit out of noobs.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    i want all people to start from 1 level so it is fair
  • Options
    Roztropek said:
    Lmao, another salty non-backer. It isn't that hard to fork over $100. If you're willing to pay a monthly sub, surely you can back the game early.
  • Options
    Vortigern said:
    Roztropek said:
    Lmao, another salty non-backer. It isn't that hard to fork over $100. If you're willing to pay a monthly sub, surely you can back the game early.
    Everyone does start from level 1 "so it is fair".
    Those with Alpha and Beta access will start Live with absolutely no advantage over anyone else besides having played the game and knowing some of the mechanics. There are plans to wipe and reset the single Alpha/Beta server several times during the process. The A/B server is wiped at the end completely and becomes the test server. No one is going to be playing on it regularly, and even if they did stick around they would be starting from scratch again one of the multiple times they have already during testing.
    Those who pledged at a certain level during the KS/Summer backing do get access to headstart servers. It is a whole 48 or 24 hours depending on your level of backing. The node system isn't turned on, so the world is not being affected by their actions. Since mob generation is linked to node level the only way they are going to level is through grinding mobs. Since crafting stations are needed to craft anything of real import, and those don't appear in the limited camps around the portals, again no real advantage. When joining a server on day one of Live you have a choice of server, headstart or not. Since there is NO, repeat NO, cross server play it doesn't twist your panties either way if you join one or not.
    Part of the Make MMOs Great Again schtick and the promise of no P2Win mechanics is the path away from welfare gaming. There will not be a "free trial" so you can check it out, watching streams accomplishes that. All of the cosmetic advantages that backers have accrued are just that, cosmetic. So while you may know that person kicking your ass pledged at a certain level because of some skin, the awesome damage that he is beating on you with was in no way affected by his knowing about the game a few months before you and paying for looking cool while doing it.

-Do we have confirmation that upon "full release(open to all persons)" there will be a complete server wipe of everything that was done in alpha/beta?
    <span>+of course</span>
  • Options
    There has been alot of great suggestions in this thread alot of them I hope are put into the game.  But the one game killer for me is the potential for ganking.  This will chase me off faster than anything else in the game.  I don't care how great the combat, crafting, housing, or any mechanic.  If I'm getting ganked every time I leave the node gates I'm done. 

I generally do not support games with open world pvp, but I am going to continue to follow this one because of the corruption system.  But to be completely truthful I have very little confidence that it will be a deterence to the types that thrive on ruining other peoples game time. 

I don't care how great the game is, the first time I am ganked I will log off, uninstall, and never recommed it to anyone.
  • Options
    " ... the first time I am ganked I will log off, uninstall, and never recommed it to anyone. "
    @Jubilum
    But then you won't know how the Corruption System works if you leave after 1 death ( via Gank )

I'm justt hoping the Gank Animation(s) doesn't prevent my Character from performing an action
    • If I am a Mage ... and i get Ganked .... I should still be able to use my Teleport After, During and Before the Ganking Animations begins. But if My character is ... " Stuck in the Animation " and must be forced to wait until its done, then Ganking will be more Prominent. 
    • In addition to the in-game Physics - Intrepid Stated that they have a  ... " Prototype Cat-&-Mouse " for the Bounty Hunting (part of the Corruption System) . If the In-game Physics makes Bounty Hunting a " snooze fest " OR not any fun. Then it'll also be another issue too >.<
    ( by " fun " , i mean both the " Hider & Seeker "
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError I am curious as to how many "head-start" servers there will be, will that completely split the backer playerbase from the regular players? And in general, how many servers will there be?
  • Options
    Vortigern said:
    @UnknownSystemError I am curious as to how many "head-start" servers there will be, will that completely split the backer playerbase from the regular players? And in general, how many servers will there be?
    This is probably the best question asked about headstart servers that I have seen. I would also like to know these things. Having too many headstart servers would spread the backer population too thin. And if the majority of non headstarters go on the non-headstart servers the population on those servers will remain too small.
  • Options
    The answer is they haven't stated how many there will be, but I imagine one per region. EU, NA West, NA East, and SEA/OCE. Once again, they haven't said anything. They won't know until closer to launch what demand is looking like, so won't have server numbers till that time. From KS numbers we know that the total people with headstart is around 10k. If you split them evenly, (I know that is a reach), you end up with 2.5k people on a headstart server for the first 48 to 24 hours. Those servers will have fairly stable populations of those people. Because those are the people that backed the game, have the most passion for it, and have stuck around all through Alpha and Beta. While there will be a vocal minority that are butthurt over missing a whole two days, the majority of people coming into the game won't care or won't even know about headstart till after they have chosen a server. Expect them to let those with access know which servers are headstart and open them up, do not expect them to keep some big label on them "HEADSTART OCE" after launch.
  • Options
    IMO, GMs and Admins should investigate and address the reports properly before coming up to a decision especially banning players. Have seen several players' experienced reckless GMs and Admins, like in PUBG, they ban players who kills / accidentally kills a "STREAMER" / a person with the streamer. Hope players will be prioritize well than "STREAMER" these streamers technically they attract people to play, but yes they are also killing the game, coz it is supposed to be played not streamed! thanks! really excited with this game, preparing my rig for this!
  • Options
    I think housing and classes should be worked on closely :smile:  
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The Journey.

When I look back to what I played and enjoyed the most (FFXI), it always came down to something that was worth playing in the long-term. I've played numerous MMORPGs, and what keeps me away from returning to any of them ever again is the fact that it was all obvious short-term junk (GW2, SWTOR, B&S, Age of Conan, The Secret World, The Elder Scrolls Online, etc.), that they were designed to get you either into the endgame treadmill (Re: vertical progression) or to inflate their journey through multiple characters. That's the essential concern.

Other concerns (albeit in some way influence the above concern) include:

Socializing: Very few MMORPGs have been designed with the idea that people are want to socialize in those games. Black Desert Online is an excellent example of an MMO where it's pretty obvious the dev team cannot conceive of players socializing when you look at how the emote system works; whereas if you look at something like FFXIV (or Aion as another fine example), you can see a robust emote system that was built with the expectation people would play around in-game.

....I'll probably come back and edit in more later.
  • Options
    Greetings, gamers.  Rogue Raven here.
    There are many important aspects of an online game that are not always executed properly in games coming out on the MMORPG scene.  What aspect(s) is most important to you?  What games have exemplified this aspect and how would you approve upon it if possible?

~Rogue Raven
    Thespian Extraordinaire
    I would like to see an entire planet with sever continents island chain and such so that the number of nodes available could increase. EVEO has done a masterful job of this by creating a star system with 700  star systems  to explore and set up shop for mining, ship building, exploration and so on. Enormous Wars are faught by guilds over these star systems for resources. And stratigic controls. A large multi continent world would open up more nodes to be faught over and explore. Just a thought.
  • Options
    The most important aspect? A community with vitality, where player actions have consequence and interact with the surroundings to create a world that lives and breathes within it's own reality.

Do that right and people will be playing this game for a decade, allowing Intrepid to build and grow and add features and content. Star Wars Galaxies showed us that if you give players enough agency, they can do amazing things and create their own content and reasons to play.

It's not the only important thing, but for me it is number one.