Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – June 30, 2017

Comments

• For all classes, will abilities and spells be primarily learned through leveling up? Will there be separate means of obtaining them such as training grounds/academies in higher level nodes, quests, or boss drops?
  • будут ли гильд холлы ?

• какое будет упраление в игре нон таргет или таргет
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017

Question:

Is the NPC interaction system going to be expanded to have real consequences beyond quest discovery when selecting from dialog choices? 

Elaboration if required:

We saw in the placeholder quest in pre-alpha that there is some interactivity with NPCs when a player is given different response options.

Ideally, this would work best with a karma system but I know you said in a past Q&A that you are leaning away from doing a Star Wars type light vs dark system.  That said, I could still see there being reputation rewards based on the response or even something extreme like a NPC attacking you for a response that he/she did not like. E.g. I will not give you the ice cream (^_-).

• Not sure if anyone has really asked about inventory management.

Question:  How will inventory be managed?  Will there be x number of bag slots or as much as you can carry?  I know that there is encumbrance.  For example, 13/20 while carrying a small bag etc.  What about for bank space?

• Hi Guys, will it be possible for the crafters to craft legendary items? Not for massproduction more like an once in a lifetime master piece for which has to be met certain conditions and has to be used incredibly rare (& expensive) material.
  • What additional features do you have to increase the game difficulty?

• Cexmet said:
    какое будет упраление в игре нон таргет или таргет
    Разработчики увы не читают Русские коменты. Отвечу сам: Будет нонТаргет и таргет
    edited June 2017
    Is Bard a caster in Ashes and what role will they play?
  • I enjoy a game that gives you the freedom to do what you want and look apart. In ashes of creation will there be choices of skin or cosmetics to both weapons and armors that are rare or limited, or there will be simply same armors/weapons for everyone to look the same?
  • You guys have stated you will be using an EXP Debt system instead of just straight exp loss. My question is at max level (whatever that will be) how would the debt actually work. It would seem after you hit Max then the fear of death would be reduced to the point where people wouldn't care as much anymore. Thanks, I love what I have seen so far keep up the great work!
  • When crafting items, will some stats be randomized or have a chance for added stats?
  • Will creatures have have a food chain and act accordingly? Will  there be any herd logic or predator prey relationships. (It makes the world a little bit more lifelike)
  • Will there be any epic spells for mages that you will be able to obtain through questing? Or will they all be given as the character progresses through their levels?
    edited June 2017
    Pleaaase say you're going to give us jumping puzzles, puzzles and riddles?

Will you encourage searching for secrets in dungeons and other places, rather than running to the end of it as fast as possible? How?
  • Will there be a synchronised system in the game that forces players to cooperate even better if they want to achieve something? For example, the summoner that puts up a wall of magical power. If a mage casts a fireball, it will become more powerful and deal extra fire damage over time if it passes through this wall created by the summoner. It would be cool to see a system like this to be implemented into AoC :smile:
  • Can a pure Rogue/Rogue, or possible "Assassin" subclass have a "Death Attack" like in D&D?
  • It has been mentioned that the guild system (along with other systems) will be robust and custmizable. In reference to guild leaderiship,  is it possible to have a system that allows for an obligarchal guild setup with multiple guild leaders all having the same rights and powers? 

In other games there is always a singular guild leader that has the most power. It's be nice to be able to share that power.

• Have yall put any thought into the development of a DKP system for guilds in ashes or will there be a way to link information from within  a ashes guild in game to say the guilds website at enjin for example. maybe an add on ect ect.

• There may be an airing of the Character Creation in Friday's Twitch.

Is this going to be open for community feedback?
  • (name pronunciation= finn-dough)

a question with follow up prompts :)

What happens if Player A performs an action (e.g. starts a quest, or interacts with an NPC/monster in some way) that spawns a storyline/event monster.  Then, before Player A can locate/slay said monster, Player B and his guild run into it and kill it.  What happens then? Is the quest null and void? Or will the story monster respawn, because a player has an active quest for it? Or does Player A have to go back and get the quest again?

• Am I limited to one game copy account per Ashes account? And will I be able to have my kickstater perks in my other game accounts under the same name. Kind of like having multiple WOW accounts under the same battle.net account or multiple WildStar accounts under the same NCSoft account. 
    Thank you in advance. 
  • Hehe. I'll also ask the question I ask every live stream. Will oce and sea servers be separated or combined? 
    edited June 2017
    Will there be an in game mechanic for looking for groups beside the normal /channel chat for lfg.

edited June 2017
    Please tell us more about the GODS. o:)
    How many are there? Can you give us some examples? Like God of Healing <3 , God of Combat. Will Clerics all have the same spells but get Augments-Perks pertaining to their GOD :'(  Or will you be BOLD and do all that PLUS give Clerics at least one SPECIALTY SPELL {that relates to their Sphere of Influence} every level or every other level that is totally different from all the other GOD? Every level for Cleric/Cleric but every other level for Cleric/Other. Kind of like the Specialty Priests in The Forgotten seems about right

You said that there will be a RELIGIOUS Organization, kind of like the Backer Goal Organizations, but for Clerics & Possibly Half Clerics, such as PALADINS and that you can Rise within the Ranks of the Clergy. So is it possible become the "LEADER of that Priesthood"? o:)o:)o:)  And will those with the Highest Rank get access to QUEST SPELLS, your D&D fans so you KNOW what I'm talking about  >:)

• Will it be possible to become a full on seafaring trader? Sailing to distant lands, trading in exotic goods, and all that. Or is it only possible through land travel?
  • Any chance for a unique RP server with permadeath? RP without permadeath is just silly and usually escalates in people gathering in a tavern, dancing naked and/or pretending to be drunk. Can we have some meaningful RP in AoC, please?
  • Question: About the world, considering the Node System, will small cities still be relevant somehow? Because no matter how cool the 5 big metropolis of the server are, if there's not other smaller cities that people would want to go and do things, it's gonna be weird.
    edited June 2017
     1. Will dungeons be instanced?
     2. Instanced or not, without fast travel how will characters get together for them without traveling 1/2 the night?
     3. How will the economy be balanced? In some games you can have millions of silver or gold very fast and other games it takes time to build up money. I would prefer a slow build up of money but, If someone started playing a year or two into the life of the game would they be able to catch up?
     4. In regard to the economy will some player made items be price locked or controlled?
  • Will there be spears or polearms? 
This discussion has been closed.