Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – June 30, 2017

Comments

• Options
    What happens when a resource in a node where my freehold would be runs out, is my freehold useless from that point, or do resources like an iron vein respawn on a regular basis?
  • Options
    What kind of combat system are you planning on implementing? A couple examples to demonstrate what I mean: Tab target like most MMORPGs or action oriented like Wildstar or Black Desert?
  • Options
    Regarding religions, will there be a anti-religion faction or perhaps a anti-gods faction, that is dedicated to trying and kill all the gods?
  • Options
    How will aoe damage / heals / buffs work in open pvp?
    Let's say I find 2 (pvp-flagged) players A and B fighting somewhere in the wilderness. If I also attack A, will that turn B into a temporary ally? Or can I decide to attack both at the same time?
    Or let's say I I fight someone, using a ground target aoe dot. If another (pvp-flagged) player walks into it without attacking me, will he instantly take damage from my skill? Or will I have to target him with some single target skill to show the system that I also want to fight him?
    And same for aoe heals and buffs. What happens if I use them next to players who are fighting each other? Or will those support skills be limited to target group (or guild) members only?
  • Options
    I understand and love the idea that you have to defend a node as a citizen and land owner.  My question is what about players who do not want to have to defend their home or just want to live a peaceful farmer/ craftier life.  Is their a non-combat node?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Are Clerics going to be one of those underappreciated/underrated support characters that get no self indepence and always have to be doing the same skills over and over again to push the player into a boredom?

Adding comment to the question: Eventhough I'm probably be not playing cleric, due to my love of mages, but I think support characters are the most(should be the most) vital organ of the game and cleric/bard players need to be satisfied.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    How in-depth will the customization for Tulnar be, since you stated that they will have Reptilian, Mammalian and Humanoid features?
  • Options
    is the underground race pronounced tulnar or tul'nar? personally i like the tul'nar 
  • Options
    Will classes have "equally sprinkled" contol/anticontrol skills or there will be some with more and less of it? The same question for AoE skills
  • Options
    Will there be a DarkKnight type class in the future or is the current classes that we have will be it? 
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    Hi,

There was previous mention of small team arenas and ladders incorporated into those arenas.  What are your plans, if any, concerning instanced battle grounds, like 15 player matches with various game modes?  

Keep making a great game,
    tugowar
    You only get one question xD
  • Options
    Will first person be a thing?
    Only one question please :)
  • Options
    When will the monthly Q&A with the devs start that are part of the Royalty and above pledge levels?
    The first session will be next week, July 7 at 2:00 PM PDT for Kickstarter backers. NDAs were sent out yesterday and meeting invites will be sent out today. Summer Crowdfunding backers will get to join in the August one, which will be after the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign has completed.
  • Options
    VECNA said:
    Please tell us more about the GODS. o:)
    How many are there? Can you give us some examples? Like God of Healing <3 , God of Combat. Will Clerics all have the same spells but get Augments-Perks pertaining to their GOD :'(  Or will you be BOLD and do all that PLUS give Clerics at least one SPECIALTY SPELL {that relates to their Sphere of Influence} every level or every other level that is totally different from all the other GOD? Every level for Cleric/Cleric but every other level for Cleric/Other. Kind of like the Specialty Priests in The Forgotten seems about right

You said that there will be a RELIGIOUS Organization, kind of like the Backer Goal Organizations, but for Clerics & Possibly Half Clerics, such as PALADINS and that you can Rise within the Ranks of the Clergy. So is it possible become the "LEADER of that Priesthood"? o:)o:)o:)  And will those with the Highest Rank get access to QUEST SPELLS, your D&D fans so you KNOW what I'm talking about  >:)

We're keeping the lore under wraps for now. ;) We will reveal more in time, though. 
  • Options
    Hehe. I'll also ask the question I ask every live stream. Will oce and sea servers be separated or combined? 
    It's really going to depend on interest in both regions. When we get closer to Alpha 1, we'll have a much more definitive answer for you.
  • Options
    We've selected our questions for today's livestream. Thank you everyone for participating. <3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Yaviey said:
    " We've selected our questions for today's livestream. Thank you everyone for participating. <3"

Hoped you picked at least one of the question i asked  :s
  • Options
    Will Mounts be kept in stables or are we able to summon them into existence? 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I have several questions about mounts.. I hope that's okay. :D

- Is mount usage unlimited or is there a timer / stamina bar of sorts?
    - Are the best mounts obtainable through breeding, drops, catching or questing?
    - Will mounts have stats? Will selective breeding get you better mounts or is breeding more for cosmetic purposes?
    - Will there be race or class specific mounts? Flying and water mounts?
    - Will mounts be able to be equipped with for example extra storage space (think saddle bag) or armor only?
    - Will mounts be summoned on the spot, or stabled in the world where you need to pick them up?
    - Will mount (armor) customization be a thing?

I'm a mount enthusiast, sorry! I guess a post with so many questions wont get picked for answering. o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Two Questions:

In terms of Player vs Environment; are we to expect any progression style Raid Dungeons? I.E. 25 man raiding in WorldofWarcraft.

Any thoughts on adding more than 1 dedicated healer class to the game?

Thanks Intrepid Team! 

• Options
    I am very interested in this game, but new to the thread. What makes you different from ESO and why would I change?
  • Options
    Let's have something set up where we can play house and role play with a family. I need to fill my IRL void. Biblethump
  • Options
    Will the map tell us exactly where we are or will it be a general map in wich we will have to check our surrondings in order to figure out where we actually are?

Thanks and awsome work
  • Options
    Yaviey said:
    We've selected our questions for today's livestream. Thank you everyone for participating. <3

• Options
    Really good Stream and well worth waiting for!
  • Options
    Will there be methods to cleanse or rid oneself of corruption from PKing without dying? Perhaps a religious method or in the under-realm area specifically there may be a npc with some sort of black magic where you could pay in exchange for them to expunge the corruption from you? Basically some sort of salvation or reward for players who are quick on their feet and skilled enough to elude/escape all the bounty hunters and guards e.t.c.
  • Options
    Will there be methods to cleanse or rid oneself of corruption from PKing without dying? Perhaps a religious method or in the under-realm area specifically there may be a npc with some sort of black magic where you could pay in exchange for them to expunge the corruption from you? Basically some sort of salvation or reward for players who are quick on their feet and skilled enough to elude/escape all the bounty hunters and guards e.t.c.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.