Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign FAQ *Updated 6/27*

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Sintu I think they ended up saying you have to buy them as addons now instead of buying the package again.
  • Vicious said:
    @Sintu I think they ended up saying you have to buy them as addons now instead of buying the package again.
    It's time for you to join Intrepid on Discord. Thats where they announce things too. Steven suggested that every KS backer would get all the Summer KS stuff as an add-on for free. But it's still a suggestion, so it hasn't been confirmed yet. It could be that we still have to pay for it in the end.
  • Do you have concept arts of the Summer Exclusive contents (mounts and pets for example) ?
    Just for illustrate the different packs.
    (...and sorry for my english ^_^)
  • Vicious said:

Who is they and is there a link/SS to the comment?
  • So when choosing to upgrade our pledge, we will pay only the difference between what we already have and what we desire ? For example i got the 50$ package, and if i want to upgrade to 150$, i choose the 150$ package but will pay only 100$ for it ( the difference) right ? 
    Just want to clarify since this is about real money and this is the first time i give that much money to a game.
    edited June 2017
    Valyoyo said:
    So when choosing to upgrade our pledge, we will pay only the difference between what we already have and what we desire ? For example i got the 50$ package, and if i want to upgrade to 150$, i choose the 150$ package but will pay only 100$ for it ( the difference) right ? 
    Just want to clarify since this is about real money and this is the first time i give that much money to a game.
    Lets say there are 2 packages with one of them an early bird too.

$80 Pioneer Early Bird
    $100 Pioneer

If you want to upgrade to Founder that normally is available for $150, the following will happen.

$80 Pioneer Early Bird will become $130 for a Founder package. You have to pay $50 extra dollars, because they will start counting from the $100 Pioneer to $150. But since you have the Early Bird package, the Early Bird package will remain with the $50 on top of it. Making it a Founder package worth $130. It's like a $20 discount, because you have an Early Bird package.

If you bought the normal standard package of $100 on Kickstarter, nothing will change. You can still upgrade, but you will have to pay the full $150 price for the Founder package if you want that package. The reason for this is because you don't have an Early Bird package.
  • Yaviey: My "store" still has a bug. I sent in a report to support. The price and the title of the package overlap at the top, and the "buy" button is wrapped around. Can you have someone check it out.  Anyone else having this problem.

Note: it allows me to use the links down at the bottom to the packages so I'm not locked out or anything.

• DaWizard said:

Yaviey: My "store" still has a bug. I sent in a report to support. The price and the title of the package overlap at the top, and the "buy" button is wrapped around. Can you have someone check it out.  Anyone else having this problem.

Note: it allows me to use the links down at the bottom to the packages so I'm not locked out or anything.

I'm still going through all the tickets and will get to it as soon as I can. Have you by chance tried it on a different browser?
    edited June 2017
    o:) Love this Thread Post  o:)
  • Wait, where is the link to the crowdfunder? How do i get there?

• Wait, where is the link to the crowdfunder? How do i get there?

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/store/
  • I'm a bit surprised that the backer count is so low right now.  There certainly isn't the response that Kickstarter had.
  • Hi @Yaviey, just want to check a couple of stuff. 

Steven mentioned before that the KS backers might get the same cosmetics as the Summer backers of the same tier. Is there any confirmation with this regard? 

Also, with regards to the upgrade, is the upgrade difference based on the KS tier to Summer tier, or Summer tier to KS tier? How much does a Braver of Worlds backer from KS pay to upgrade to the Leader of Men tier? 

This might cause a bit of trouble for you guys, to be honest. If someone who manage to get a $400 Braver of Worlds from KS upgrades to the Leader of Men package, he pays an additional $500/$550 which will still land lower than the Leader of Men package in the Kickstarter. This seems a bit unfair to the people to committed to the Leader of Men early. 

Disclaimer: I hold a Braver of World tier, but have no intention to ever upgrade to Leader of Men. Neither am I intending to debate about this.  :)

• I'm more concerned about anyone who purchased 2.5k from kickstarter. Anyone 1k or above really got screwed if we dont get the summer stuff for free. I could have purchased 1k package on KS then upgraded to Royalty with this and received ALL the bonuses from both KS and Summer for the same amount of money. I hope they clarify this soon. 
  • Question: I didn't receive my Kickstarter key code yet and at my Ashes account I didn't seem any where to put my key code in. So, after I receive the key code where do I put in the key code in my account or you guys didn't have it yet?

Question: I'm a Kickstarter backer and I am not a Leader of Man pledge but I want the Angel/Demon skins. So, the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign offer that or no?
  • T-Elf said:
    I'm a bit surprised that the backer count is so low right now.  There certainly isn't the response that Kickstarter had.
    I thought that Steven once said that 70% of the community couldn't back through Kickstarter? Well, with the current growth in backers, we won't even reach the 4k backer mark lol. Thats not even close to 70% of the community. More like 2%.

We are currently at 287 backers in 3 days. Lets say we get this amount of backers every 3 days. So 10 times 287 is 2870 backers at the end of this Summer Kickstarter. 2870 divided by the total community of aprox. 150000 members is less than 2%. It hurts my eyes actually. Because that new UI theme and the backer only parlor game looks interesting to me. Something I wish we would reach together :smile:
  • Thank you guys so much. I was getting worried about linking my emails but then, much to my relief, I found this page. Having a code makes life much better.

I can't properly express to you just how much I appreciate an open and, most importantly, communicative developer/publisher.

You guys rock.
  • Thanks for this awesome post @Yaviey!
    MedievalMiss Thank you So much, I found my lost email from Intrepid here in the promotions folder! Thougt I havn't got that email.
  • I'm more concerned about anyone who purchased 2.5k from kickstarter. Anyone 1k or above really got screwed if we dont get the summer stuff for free. I could have purchased 1k package on KS then upgraded to Royalty with this and received ALL the bonuses from both KS and Summer for the same amount of money. I hope they clarify this soon. 
    As a high dollar backer I would like to see a response on this as well.  After Steven made his initial statements months ago they have gone purposefully silent which worries me as they very much like to drag their feet on answering specific things like this (as shown by previous actions).
  • I love the teams responses. Quick and completely explained. 
    edited June 2017
    I notice that we now have a Backer Counter, so is there going to be a $$ ticker?
  • T-Elf said:
    I notice that we now have a Backer Counter, so is there going to be a $$ ticker?
    Do we really need that? I think it is around 50k right now. With the current amount of backers it's not that hard to guess the amount of dollars.
  • Dolan said:
    T-Elf said:
    I'm a bit surprised that the backer count is so low right now.  There certainly isn't the response that Kickstarter had.
    I thought that Steven once said that 70% of the community couldn't back through Kickstarter? Well, with the current growth in backers, we won't even reach the 4k backer mark lol. Thats not even close to 70% of the community. More like 2%.

We are currently at 287 backers in 3 days. Lets say we get this amount of backers every 3 days. So 10 times 287 is 2870 backers at the end of this Summer Kickstarter. 2870 divided by the total community of aprox. 150000 members is less than 2%. It hurts my eyes actually. Because that new UI theme and the backer only parlor game looks interesting to me. Something I wish we would reach together :smile:

Agreed. And on the same topic, it's actually slowing down a bit if I am correct. If we don't pass 1000 By 10 days in, I will be sad. We will be left out of everything. Honestly, I am only sad considering I herd about the game through random youtubers who recommend upcoming MMO's and not the team themselves(through advertising/marketing). It doesn't help that someone like myself and many others aren't huge participatory on websites like kickstarter. Idk. Maybe I'm just salty. If the event is a continuation of the kickstarter, we should continue with the same rewards.treat this event as last minute participation, especially for those who couldn't pay on kickstarter to begin with.

WAIT. Do summer backers also get kick starter goals? Or is that just wishful thinking?
  • Nice update, thanks for sharing!
  • Kida said:
    Dolan said:
    T-Elf said:

Agreed. And on the same topic, it's actually slowing down a bit if I am correct. If we don't pass 1000 By 10 days in, I will be sad. We will be left out of everything. Honestly, I am only sad considering I herd about the game through random youtubers who recommend upcoming MMO's and not the team themselves(through advertising/marketing). It doesn't help that someone like myself and many others aren't huge participatory on websites like kickstarter. Idk. Maybe I'm just salty. If the event is a continuation of the kickstarter, we should continue with the same rewards.treat this event as last minute participation, especially for those who couldn't pay on kickstarter to begin with.

WAIT. Do summer backers also get kick starter goals? Or is that just wishful thinking?
    No, summer backers won't receive kickstarter goals. Kickstarter goals will remain kickstarter exclusive. Intrepid Studios doesn't have a choice. They can't offer you the same stuff from Kickstarter because you have to sign an agreement with Kickstarter. In that agreement, it clearly says you can't offer exclusive content again once the Kickstarter is over. I'm sorry buddy, the only "kickstarter" exclusive item you can get now is the lifetime subscription. Though the lifetime subscription is for many people the reason to pledge :wink: You can still get some good stuff with this summer kickstarter, but you won't receive any Kickstarter items. But hey, the Summer Kickstarter items will remain exclusive to those who pledged during kickstarter and the ones who pledged in the Summer kickstarter. Once this is over, you will still have a lot of exclusive stuff to show everyone once the game launches! The community right now is in it's early stages, it will become way bigger once the game is going to be launched. So you are going to be someone that is part of the 5% of the community with exclusive stuff if the game is doing well and growing :smile:
  • I know that some rewards that were exclusive to Kickstarter is up there. I am pretty sure I know why with all the people putting in complaints which caused them to cave in. That did give me a moment of thought of worry for what the game will be but only time will tell. Besides that, I don't see anymore reason why I need to donate anymore towards the game. The next pack I could get is 1,550 dollars away and I don't see any reason to do that just yet.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, it gives people a chance to save up so they can get the rewards they always wanted. The game is already well funded so there is no need to worry about this campaign failing. I just hope they know what they are doing and will do what is best for the development of the game and for their own team.
  • Thanks for this update @Yaviey!!!

• Cyreph said:
    Hi @Yaviey, just want to check a couple of stuff. 

Steven mentioned before that the KS backers might get the same cosmetics as the Summer backers of the same tier. Is there any confirmation with this regard? 

Also, with regards to the upgrade, is the upgrade difference based on the KS tier to Summer tier, or Summer tier to KS tier? How much does a Braver of Worlds backer from KS pay to upgrade to the Leader of Men tier? 

This might cause a bit of trouble for you guys, to be honest. If someone who manage to get a $400 Braver of Worlds from KS upgrades to the Leader of Men package, he pays an additional $500/$550 which will still land lower than the Leader of Men package in the Kickstarter. This seems a bit unfair to the people to committed to the Leader of Men early. 

Disclaimer: I hold a Braver of World tier, but have no intention to ever upgrade to Leader of Men. Neither am I intending to debate about this.  :)

Hi Cyreph, as far as I am aware, that was an idea he floated but is not something that is set in stone to happen.

For upgrades, it will be upgrade to previous KS tiers. You would pay the difference from your current level (minus any savings you received from Early Bird, if applicable) to the level of package you wish. No new Early Bird specials will be available for this time around.
  • Lifetree said:
    Question: I didn't receive my Kickstarter key code yet and at my Ashes account I didn't seem any where to put my key code in. So, after I receive the key code where do I put in the key code in my account or you guys didn't have it yet?

Question: I'm a Kickstarter backer and I am not a Leader of Man pledge but I want the Angel/Demon skins. So, the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign offer that or no?
    Hi Lifetree, no codes have been sent out yet. Did you receive the email regarding the account information? If not, please email me at cs@intrepidstudios.com with the email address you used for Kickstarter and the pledge level you were at.

For upgrading, the upgrades will be available to other previous Kickstarter packages, not the Summer variations. However, some of the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign exclusives will be available ala carte.
  • Kida said:

Hi Kida! Sorry, no. The Kickstarter backers will get both sets of goals but the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign backers will only get the Summer goals.