Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign FAQ *Updated 6/27*

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    wahoo got email today they are finally heading out. no forum update of my backer status but its linked to what i purchased wahoo.
    edited June 2017
    Dolan said:

Now I'm not a Leader of Men pledger, I'm sticking to my Braver of Worlds since that is enough for me. Don't want the angelic and demonic skins :smile: But I'm just asking so the people that pledged Leader of Men during Kickstarter get to know about this matter.
    Its not about the cosmetics, it was all about the Lifetime membership which if you guess at 9.99 / month or 15 / month  based on a usd currency, the package pays for iteself with 2 years of gametime~!
  • Dolan said:

Now I'm not a Leader of Men pledger, I'm sticking to my Braver of Worlds since that is enough for me. Don't want the angelic and demonic skins :smile: But I'm just asking so the people that pledged Leader of Men during Kickstarter get to know about this matter.
    Its not about the cosmetics, it was all about the Lifetime membership which if you guess at 9.99 / month or 15 / month  based on a usd currency, the package pays for iteself with 2 years of gametime~!
    Read everything what I've said before you comment. Just a tip for next time :wink:

It was a follow up of something that I posted before that.
  • still anxiously waiting on email
    If you have not received it by now please send an email to cs@intrepidstudios.com.
  • i did this cause I didn't get any email yet
  • Thanks for the update i appreciate it.
  • i did this cause I didn't get any email yet
    I just emailed you a response. Thank you!
  • ***UPDATE 6/27/17***

It appears that some users did not receive/open emails that were originally sent out regarding their Kickstarter pledges.

For transparency's sake, we switched from using Kickstarter's email service to our own service via MailChimp. This was so that we could get more granular with who we were targeting for purposes of information, upgrade options, feedback, and of course, surveys. 

If you have NOT received an email from us and were a Kickstarter backer, please email us at cs@intrepidstudios.com along with your Kickstarter-registered email address. I am currently compiling a list of users this is affecting so that I can pass this along to Mail Chimp to figure out why users did not receive these emails. While the original email intentions have still changed, we are planning on using this system to distribute information about your Kickstarter key codes, therefore we are working to ensure this system works to communicate with you.

Thank you!
  • Kida said:
    Dolan said:
    T-Elf said:
    I'm a bit surprised that the backer count is so low right now.  There certainly isn't the response that Kickstarter had.
    I thought that Steven once said that 70% of the community couldn't back through Kickstarter? Well, with the current growth in backers, we won't even reach the 4k backer mark lol. Thats not even close to 70% of the community. More like 2%.

We are currently at 287 backers in 3 days. Lets say we get this amount of backers every 3 days. So 10 times 287 is 2870 backers at the end of this Summer Kickstarter. 2870 divided by the total community of aprox. 150000 members is less than 2%. It hurts my eyes actually. Because that new UI theme and the backer only parlor game looks interesting to me. Something I wish we would reach together :smile:

Agreed. And on the same topic, it's actually slowing down a bit if I am correct. If we don't pass 1000 By 10 days in, I will be sad. We will be left out of everything. Honestly, I am only sad considering I herd about the game through random youtubers who recommend upcoming MMO's and not the team themselves(through advertising/marketing). It doesn't help that someone like myself and many others aren't huge participatory on websites like kickstarter. Idk. Maybe I'm just salty. If the event is a continuation of the kickstarter, we should continue with the same rewards.treat this event as last minute participation, especially for those who couldn't pay on kickstarter to begin with.

WAIT. Do summer backers also get kick starter goals? Or is that just wishful thinking?
    No, summer backers won't receive kickstarter goals. Kickstarter goals will remain kickstarter exclusive. Intrepid Studios doesn't have a choice. They can't offer you the same stuff from Kickstarter because you have to sign an agreement with Kickstarter. In that agreement, it clearly says you can't offer exclusive content again once the Kickstarter is over. I'm sorry buddy, the only "kickstarter" exclusive item you can get now is the lifetime subscription. Though the lifetime subscription is for many people the reason to pledge :wink: You can still get some good stuff with this summer kickstarter, but you won't receive any Kickstarter items. But hey, the Summer Kickstarter items will remain exclusive to those who pledged during kickstarter and the ones who pledged in the Summer kickstarter. Once this is over, you will still have a lot of exclusive stuff :smile:
  • MedievalMiss Thank you So much, I found my lost email from Intrepid here in the promotions folder! Thought it was lost. Your're awesome! 
  • I found my email in my promotions folder too tyvm!
  • Yaviey said:
    Hi Lifetree, no codes have been sent out yet. Did you receive the email regarding the account information? If not, please email me at cs@intrepidstudios.com with the email address you used for Kickstarter and the pledge level you were at.

For upgrading, the upgrades will be available to other previous Kickstarter packages, not the Summer variations. However, some of the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign exclusives will be available ala carte.
    OK, I do got the Yahoo E-mail name "Kickstarter Account Integration" and "This email address is now registered with Intrepid Studios as a holder of the Braver of Worlds Kickstarter package." But I don't know what to do with it and it said you need to match the E-mail but I don't know how to, should I E-mail to cs@intrepidstudios.com? Can I use my Yahoo E-mail or I need to use MailChimp? I have no idea how to apply my Kickstarter pledge to my Ashes account and all my Yahoo E-mail, Kickstarter, and Ashes account have the same E-mail. Please help me out because I really don't know what to do. Thank You.

And also, what do you mean about the upgrading I don't quite get it? I am Kickstarter Braver of Worlds package so if I upgrade the Leader of Man Summer Crowdfunding Campaign do I get the Angel/Demon skins too or just the Fire/Ice?
    Thanks.
  • @Lifetree
    you can change your email here https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ however they have swapped to a code system, with the codes being sent out this week. these codes can be applied on the website at a later date :smile:

edited June 2017
    Yaviey said:
    " ***UPDATE 6/27/17***

It appears that some users did not receive/open emails that were originally sent out regarding their Kickstarter pledges.

For transparency's sake, we switched from using Kickstarter's email service to our own service via MailChimp. This was so that we could get more granular with who we were targeting for purposes of information, upgrade options, feedback, and of course, surveys. 

If you have NOT received an email from us and were a Kickstarter backer, please email us at cs@intrepidstudios.com along with your Kickstarter-registered email address. I am currently compiling a list of users this is affecting so that I can pass this along to Mail Chimp to figure out why users did not receive these emails. While the original email intentions have still changed, we are planning on using this system to distribute information about your Kickstarter key codes, therefore we are working to ensure this system works to communicate with you.

Thank you! "
    I'm slightly confused what you mean by this:

my  last E-mail from Intrepid was the  ... " KickStarter Account Intergration " E-Mail. Is the " MailChimp " only for those whose E-mail for KickStarter / WebSite does not match ?
  • Shunex said:
    @Lifetree
    you can change your email here https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ however they have swapped to a code system, with the codes being sent out this week. these codes can be applied on the website at a later date :smile:

Aaaaa.... I have the same E-mail address as Kickstarter already when I make this account. When I make Ashes and Kickstarter I use the same E-mail address.
    And also I don't see any where to put the code system in the account.
    All I see Under Account is user name, first name, last name, and E-mail Address.
  • Eragale said:

my  last E-mail from Intrepid was the  ... " KickStarter Account Intergration " E-Mail. Is the " MailChimp " only for those whose E-mail for KickStarter / WebSite does not match ?

MailChimp is an email platform meant to customise emails sent to a large bunch of people using separate emails per recipient. 

I think what she meant was that they used MailChimp instead of the Kickstarter platform to send the emails to all the backers. 

The mail that was sent is obsolete right now, but it is important for all users to have received the mail because it means that MailChimp is working fine. 
  • Shunex said:
    @Lifetree

Aaaaa.... I have the same E-mail address as Kickstarter already when I make this account. When I make Ashes and Kickstarter I use the same E-mail address.
    And also I don't see any where to put the code system in the account.
    All I see Under Account is user name, first name, last name, and E-mail Address.
    the input area for the codes isn't available just yet, this will be up Soon :smile:

• While i seem salty about it i feel KS rewards should be based on Kickstarter, and well summer stuff to people that pledge in the summer. Kinda seems that people that are on KS are saying too bad so sad for you that couldnt or get it through Kickstarter through limited amount, well since i am on the end that I couldnt get the package i wanted through kickstarter, it should be the same. If you registered with kickstarter you get the "kickstarter rewards" and people who do the summer one gets the summer rewards. It is a big slap in the face, that if you get both then we should get something to that extent. You (as in people that got in on kickstarter) got your special elite group reward, then should be the same with the summer package.

While yes Kickstarter has rules, regulations etc, it isnt fair to people that couldnt register their package they desired, on kickstarter then having kickstarter members say ohhh ohh we get both but you cant get our rewards. Yet people in the summer rewards are buying the same named package, with pretty much the same rewards in that tier, the only thing they dont receive is the pledge rewards. And it seems that currently that the goals that the studio set doesnt seem that they will be people falling over each other to get. Since some if not many got in on the kickstart deal.

Just saying, and giving my perspective from the other side of the fence. People that are on the KS side, want both and say they are getting both, but people who couldnt get in on the KS would like to get both, since it is kinda of a extending the pledge but cant. Not only are we paying more we are getting less, due to the mad dash on KS the total pledge total for rewards people pledging is not gonna be nearly as high, for the release of the actual KS.
  • Shunex said:
    the input area for the codes isn't available just yet, this will be up Soon :smile:

Oh, I see I see. Thanks
  • Cyreph said:
    Eragale said:

MailChimp is an email platform meant to customise emails sent to a large bunch of people using separate emails per recipient. 

I think what she meant was that they used MailChimp instead of the Kickstarter platform to send the emails to all the backers. 

The mail that was sent is obsolete right now, but it is important for all users to have received the mail because it means that MailChimp is working fine. 
    So would i have to request another Account Intergration via MailChimp ? Or is that
     E-Mail Still Valid because my E-mail has already been verified ? and thus MailChimp does not apply to me ... right ?
    edited June 2017
    " While i seem salty about it i feel KS rewards should be based on Kickstarter, and well summer stuff to people that pledge in the summer. Kinda seems that people that are on KS are saying too bad so sad for you that couldnt or get it through Kickstarter through limited amount, well since i am on the end that I couldnt get the package i wanted through kickstarter, it should be the same. If you registered with kickstarter you get the "kickstarter rewards" and people who do the summer one gets the summer rewards. It is a big slap in the face, that if you get both then we should get something to that extent. You (as in people that got in on kickstarter) got your special elite group reward, then should be the same with the summer package.

While yes Kickstarter has rules, regulations etc, it isnt fair to people that couldnt register their package they desired, on kickstarter then having kickstarter members say ohhh ohh we get both but you cant get our rewards. Yet people in the summer rewards are buying the same named package, with pretty much the same rewards in that tier, the only thing they dont receive is the pledge rewards. And it seems that currently that the goals that the studio set doesnt seem that they will be people falling over each other to get. Since some if not many got in on the kickstart deal.

Just saying, and giving my perspective from the other side of the fence. People that are on the KS side, want both and say they are getting both, but people who couldnt get in on the KS would like to get both, since it is kinda of a extending the pledge but cant. Not only are we paying more we are getting less, due to the mad dash on KS the total pledge total for rewards people pledging is not gonna be nearly as high, for the release of the actual KS. "
    Sorry it seems that way. I doubt other Members feel like an " Elitist " - its just how its being conveyed ( a misunderstanding ). Admittedly, I thought that was strange too. But in the end, they want to ensure everyone has a Chance to Back this Project in the hopes that it succeeds. Rather have a chance as opposed to no chance, yeah ? 

The way i see, it'll be a detriment for other Players around the World to not* Play such a Fantastic MMORPG-Project such as this:

diversity would really help make the Game shine & spread the Word across the Globe (Hopefully)
    edited June 2017
    Eragale said:

So would i have to request another Account Intergration via MailChimp ? Or is that
     E-Mail Still Valid because my E-mail has already been verified ? and thus MailChimp does not apply to me ... right ?

No, no. 

MailChimp is just an email bot that Intrepid is using to send emails to the backers. 

The account integration email is no longer valid because they are doing away with the method. 

Instead, they will be sending codes so that you can activate your KS package to your forum account. The codes are not sent out yet, and the code entering part is not in your account settings yet. 

As long as you receive the account integration email though, you should be receiving the codes just fine. You just have to wait patiently. 

If you have not receive the account integration email, it might be blocked from your mail server, or filtered to spam, or there was something wrong with the address Intrepid put into MailChimp. In that case, you should contact Intrepid directly and ask for help.

edited June 2017
    Yaviey said:However, some of the Summer Crowdfunding Campaign exclusives will be available ala carte.

Is this the final verdict on Summer Crowdfunding exclusives for those of use who pledged in kickstarter?  I would like to see a clean and definitive statement in regard to what Steven proposed about giving these rewards to those of us who pledged above a certain level.
  • Hi Yaviey,
    Thanks for the 27th June update here.

As per my email to
    cs@intrepidstudios.com (which you responded to yesterday thanks) I am confirmed (funds taken) KS pledger that has still not recieved an email even though apparently it was sent to me.

Thanks for being open and honest about the problem and I will eagerly await an update on this.

best
    Alusi

• I'm confused Did any one get  Kickstarter key codes in mail to integrate there kickstarter account  with AOC account yet?
    edited June 2017
    no
  • I'm confused Did any one get  Kickstarter key codes in mail to integrate there kickstarter account  with AOC account yet?
    No, give it some time. They've said it will come between 28th of June and 1st of July I believe. If they are facing some trouble causing the key e-mails to delay, they will update us about this matter on the forums and/or on Discord. So don't worry m8 ;)
  • We sent out an email on Wednesday (6/21) indicating that previous Kickstarter backers would need to sync their Kickstarter accounts with their Ashes of Creation account via their email address. Many backers voiced their concerns that they did not like this system. Therefore, we worked with our engineering team to change this. Instead of having to link your Kickstarter and Ashes accounts, your Kickstarter registered email will receive a key code representing your Kickstarter package. You will then be able to apply the code to whichever account you wish. If you do not have an account to put it on yet, you’ll still need to register on www.ashesofcreation.com and then go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ to apply your key. This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23).

Yet another Lie. 5-8 days now turned into Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They just cant help themselves. Why say 5-8 days when its gonna take longer? Why say "Kickstarter Exclusive" then sell the same thing as "Summer Exclusive". I am super skeptical and getting a really bad taste in my mouth.
    edited July 2017
    @MaximusDecimusM

I received my e-mail with my code about 25 minutes ago. I redeemed it as instructed. I can't seem to find where it says I'm Royalty tier, but it was on time. Eight days from the 23rd. You can't call them a liar. Please be nice. They have a lot of stuff to work on.
  • Thanks Yaviey
    Yes received my Braver of Worlds code this morning by Email. Many thanks! So have several of my Guild m8's.

We have all added it to our Ashes accounts but cant see any notifications or changes to our profile settings to indicate this. Is that expected?

Yes agree with Ellaina, Intrepid has a lot to work on so appreciate these things take time!

Great stream last night BTW!

Best
    Alusi