Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summer Crowdfunding Campaign FAQ *Updated 6/27*

Comments

• Options
    I received and associated my Braver of Worlds, and I also see no indication on my account.  I looked at the STORE and see no options to buy the ala carte items.  Just hope everything is working.
  • Options
    Hello! I'm pleased to note that my code for my Kickstarter pledge has finally arrived and is applied to my account here! I'm also please to see Admin confirmation here that Kickstarter backers will receive  the Summer items as well !  However, I have a few questions and some requests...

1.   I'm very pleased that KS backers will be granted Summer items for their current pledges. However, I would like clarification regarding KS backer upgrades to make sure. If a Kickstarter backer upgrades to a higher tier pledge during this period, do they receive the "Kickstarter version" of the pledge (minus of course certain elements they can no longer offer like Early Bird pricing, special "design a X" etc), or the "Summer version" without the KS benefits?  That is to say, if I was a KS backer and I upgraded to the $1000 Leader of Men tier, would it come with the KS-era Angel / Demon skins + the Fire+Ice skins of Summer, or would it only offer the Fire+Ice from the Summer period?       In the interest of maximizing the amount of backers who upgrade, I would request  to  please grant  those who were there during the Kickstarter era the ability to upgrade   and retain those benefits on the upgraded pledge in full.   This policy rewards those who were there during the KS era  while not punishing them for the amount they spent in particular at the time,  thus encouraging them to increase their pledge knowing the value and benefits of doing so.   

2.   I know Intrepid is in the process of upgrading and implementing the various Store and Account features, but from what I can see you are missing a highly desirable feature -  Layaway / payment-over-time for pledges and instead only offer the ability to pay all at once.    Many of the most successful crowdfunded MMO projects offer some sort of Layaway systems which are instrumental in allowing backers to pledge and upgrade, especially if there is a time-limited campaign that pledges either have certain contents or are available for purchase at all (ie Kickstarter/prime funding, Summer, whatever comes next etc).       Layaway is the  difference between many users making a low value pledge/upgrade they know they can afford/are interested in today, versus picking a much higher pledge and locking it in to pay over time in increments.  Enabling Layaway bolsters funding considerably both immediately and over time, as well as demonstrates to the player base that the developers respect the finances of those who wish to contribute but are unwilling or unable to make a single large payment.

I could write in greater detail on these and related funding/pledge subjects (of particular import - Gifting to other accounts!) , but I wanted to get something down here ASAP.      Thank you.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I'm also please to see Admin confirmation here that Kickstarter backers will receive  the Summer items as well ! 

1.   I'm very pleased that KS backers will be granted Summer items for their current pledges

Where did you get confirmation on this?  I would appreciate a link. I know they were considering it but I never saw them give confirmation. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    I'm also please to see Admin confirmation here that Kickstarter backers will receive  the Summer items as well ! 

1.   I'm very pleased that KS backers will be granted Summer items for their current pledges

Where did you get confirmation on this?  I would appreciate a link. I know they were considering it but I never saw them give confirmation. 

Hello!   I interpreted the following...  https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/64743/#Comment_64743   , where Yaviey (an Administrator) speaks on the situation as a confirmation that KS backers are granted both KS + Summer rewards, compared to newcomers in the Summer who are only privy to the latter.  

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Sintu said:

Hello!   I interpreted the following...  https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/64743/#Comment_64743   , where Yaviey (an Administrator) speaks on the situation as a confirmation that KS backers are granted both KS + Summer rewards, compared to newcomers in the Summer who are only privy to the latter.  

You get the summer goals but not the exclusives. It is still up in the air on if the summer exclusives will be given to kickstarter backers that got lifetime subscriptions. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    You get the summer goals but not the exclusives. It is still up in the air on if the summer exclusives will be given to kickstarter backers that got lifetime subscriptions. 

This is correct as of this, why Intrepid has kept completely quiet on this subject after Steven made his statements leads me to believe they want to sell them to us and are just hoping this all goes away.
  • Options
    I'm ok with them selling to us; I just wish they'd hurry up and post them.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Na let them program the actual game instead of cosmetics, priorities ^_^
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    T-Elf said:
    Na let them program the actual game instead of cosmetics, priorities ^_^

Nope, I want them now before the deadline; they've got 2 years to do the rest. :p
  • Options
    So I accidentally activated the wrong code on my account, is there any hope I can 'unredeem' it?
  • Options
    Ruby437 said:
    So I accidentally activated the wrong code on my account, is there any hope I can 'unredeem' it?
    Send a message to Intrepid. Just don't expect a reply anytime soon. They are really busy now with multiple things just around the corner.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hello everyone quick question if I backed at the pioneer level in the kickstarter do I get all the summer exclusives for the pioneer and just making sure I do get all the backer goals since I was in the kickstarter sorry every one i'm sure this has been answered many times before. :)

P.S. Can I change the account my code is linked to if I wanted to change
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hello everyone quick question if I backed at the pioneer level in the kickstarter do I get all the summer exclusives for the pioneer and just making sure I do get all the backer goals since I was in the kickstarter sorry every one i'm sure this has been answered many times before. :)

@WildPancakes875 I'm not 100% sure if you get the summer exclusives for Pioneer automatically. I've read this a few times, but maybe you will be able to gain some information from it:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33590/summer-crowdfunding-campaign-faq-updated-6-27/p1

• Options
    edited July 2017

As of right now you do not get the summer exclusives only the summer goals. There will be a fee for the summer exclusives to be added on but what the cost is has not been stated yet. Steven posted the day the store went up that he would consider giving the summer exclusives to lifetime subscription KS backers but has gone silent ever since. 
  • Options
    We sent out an email on Wednesday (6/21) indicating that previous Kickstarter backers would need to sync their Kickstarter accounts with their Ashes of Creation account via their email address. Many backers voiced their concerns that they did not like this system. Therefore, we worked with our engineering team to change this. Instead of having to link your Kickstarter and Ashes accounts, your Kickstarter registered email will receive a key code representing your Kickstarter package. You will then be able to apply the code to whichever account you wish. If you do not have an account to put it on yet, you’ll still need to register on www.ashesofcreation.com and then go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ to apply your key. This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23).

Yet another Lie. 5-8 days now turned into Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They just cant help themselves. Why say 5-8 days and not have it dont in 8 days? Why say "Kickstarter Exclusive" then sell the same thing again as "Summer Exclusive" I am really getting a bad taste in my mouth from this company.
  • Options
    We sent out an email on Wednesday (6/21) indicating that previous Kickstarter backers would need to sync their Kickstarter accounts with their Ashes of Creation account via their email address. Many backers voiced their concerns that they did not like this system. Therefore, we worked with our engineering team to change this. Instead of having to link your Kickstarter and Ashes accounts, your Kickstarter registered email will receive a key code representing your Kickstarter package. You will then be able to apply the code to whichever account you wish. If you do not have an account to put it on yet, you’ll still need to register on www.ashesofcreation.com and then go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/ to apply your key. This key will be distributed via email within 5-8 days from today (6/23).

Yet another Lie. 5-8 days now turned into Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They just cant help themselves. Why say 5-8 days and not have it dont in 8 days? Why say "Kickstarter Exclusive" then sell the same thing again as "Summer Exclusive" I am really getting a bad taste in my mouth from this company.
  • Options

I received my validation code when they announced it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I received my validation code when they announced it. Stop judging the company .
  • Options

I received my validation code when they announced it. Stop judging the company because they are not your bitch.
  • Options
    I have not received my Kickstarter code yet.
  • Options
    @Rosyposy
    have you checked in your spam and promotions folders?
  • Options
    Just some info to help because its still not very clear.

Once you have received your emailed code from intrepid with your paid for Kickstarter package and then have added this to your Ashes (or what ever) email address you can go here to confirm your package has been added to your Ashes account:

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/dashboard/

Go to orders an check your package.
    Mine is now working.
    Thanks All
    Alusi

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Shunex said:
    @Rosyposy
    have you checked in your spam and promotions folders?
    Yes, I surely have. I've been checking every day.

Edit: Scratch that. I looked for it a different way and finally found it. Thanks!
  • Options
    I redeemed my Braver of Worlds codes but I still didn't see any add-on on the Summer Crowdfunding Packages and when I try to buy the packages I need to pay for the full prices instead of subtract the total value.
  • Options
    Lifetree said:
    I redeemed my Braver of Worlds codes but I still didn't see any add-on on the Summer Crowdfunding Packages and when I try to buy the packages I need to pay for the full prices instead of subtract the total value.
    they said in the email that you got your code in that "Note that upgrades are not yet possible. We will send another email next week when you can upgrade your existing Kickstarter pledge"
  • Options
    I don't use my claim reward's "Settler&Explorer" 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    MIF4ys said:
    Why do you see your package in this screen? I have used my KS  Code a couple of days ago and i still do not see any Rewards in that screen.  I can only see that i added a Code under "orders". Is that normal or is somthing not working for me?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    MIF4ys said:
    Why do you see your package in this screen? I have used my KS  Code a couple of days ago and i still do not see any Rewards in that screen.  I can only see that i added a Code under "orders". Is that normal or is somthing not working for me?
    Maybe becouse he bought in web shop directly, not like you (KS) 

Intrepid Studios are working in some bugs in the shop, be patient, in a some days will be ok. 

Regards
  • Options
    Will Kickstarters  be able to purchase the Summer outfit's? and if so do we know when the option to do so appear?

Thank you
  • Options
    Korons said:
    Will Kickstarters  be able to purchase the Summer outfit's? and if so do we know when the option to do so appear?

Thank you
    Nothing stated yet but our emails for the KS backers codes did say we would get an update on upgrading this week. With the holiday I would guess late in the week. Nothing has been said on purchasing the summer exclusives yet.