Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The AoC PvP / PK Corruption system ... Love it? Hate it? Please change it?

Comments

• Kadin said:
    You may end up that bounty hunter who goes after corrupted players. i mean whats the cost difference between a mule full of logs and max level sword ?
    And most likely i will do that too. :-) I guess its hard to say at this point which way is more profitable. Guy with lots of logs has lots of stuff (maybe valueable), but drops less if dies. In other hand that corrupted player drops more, but most likely has less valued stuff, because rule number one is that wear what you can afford to loose. So its rare to see people ganking others with their best gear.  

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    This is a battle that will some day be as timeless as locks and lock pickers. People will try to find ways around griefing rules. Devs will try to find ways to keep the game moving the direction that they want. Lets hope beta gets rid of the obvious loopholes.

Lets face it here. some are just going to assume the risk because that is what they do but finally for the first time in mmo history there is risk involved in that. Most every mmo i have seen the only risk is nothing as lasting as "crap i need a new bow because that bounty hunter got mine" that doesn't cost them gold or items.
  • Oh I don't know if this was already answered but will guilds be able to declare war on each other, so that members always appear purple to one another? I've seen that kind of thing kinda work before.  >:)
  • Why is there such a fuss over this before we even have a chance to actually test it in-game? :smirk:
  • Why is there such a fuss over this before we even have a chance to actually test it in-game? :smirk:
    Because not funding a game apparently gives some people special complaining powers ;)
  • Well again your adding a new dynamic to pvp ganking.. risk some are not going to like that while the game community majority obviously agrees with it.
    edited August 2017

The IGNORE feature is the best form of defense.  
    It doesnt work in real life , it doesnt work in the game as well. I came to play MMORPG, not MMOPvE. And how I already said casual games never live long , beside WoW. https://ibb.co/ic9fZ5

edited August 2017
       PvP is player versus player, if you cant do it that means you are a defective player. PvP shows how much player know about the game, about his class and the enemy class, how much work he invested into the character and his gear,how smart the player is  , and how social is he.
  • @Eleanc I believe that they have said at every opportunity you can kill other players. If you don't like the fact that you cant do it with out assuming some risk ( will they fight back or will you become corrupted) i suggest you base your attacks on other players who choose to flag as a combatant or are in a pvp area ( convoy arena etc).
  • Wraeven said:
    @Isende

and in reference to what I said, I really honestly do hope you're right. 

I'd be very pleased with a game where unwanted pvp and unwanted trolling are both exceptionally rare occurrences. 

Im here today in part because I'm still searching for one
    You and so many of the rest of us.
  • Kadin said:
    -snip-
    edit: i do see the irony of bounty system turning gankers against other weakened gankers for profit. Basically turn the griefer into the griefed.. its almost poetic
    Right, beautiful, isn't it?
  • Korella said:
    Kill a green for it and suffer the corruption if they don't fight back.  Your choice.  That's how the devs are designing it.  
     That's the one of the easiest systems. And it has a lot of loopholes, heheh. The only thing I wanna see at this system is to force players to fight for things that belong to all. If you use something which I could use, proof that you are more suitable then I am. Or how can we understand who is more worthy? The one who came first and ignores everthing around like a bot? That's more then strange, heh :smile:
    So, everything about your gameplay is based on competition, and "proving" yourself.

My gameplay ain't like that. I'll happily make sure you go red every bloody time you think you gotta "prove" something, and I'll come right back, and do it again. See, what you're not understanding is that if I'm not in the mood to PvP, you ain't gonna force me into it. However, I can get in the mood to create lots of corruption decay on you, and folk like you. What on earth are you proving then?
  • Wraeven said:
    Oh I don't know if this was already answered but will guilds be able to declare war on each other, so that members always appear purple to one another? I've seen that kind of thing kinda work before.  >:)
    Yes there will be :)

• Eleanc said:

The IGNORE feature is the best form of defense.  
    It doesnt work in real life , it doesnt work in the game as well. I came to play MMORPG, not MMOPvE. And how I already said casual games never live long , beside WoW. https://ibb.co/ic9fZ5

You're wrong. Bullies hate being ignored. Especially in front of their audience. They are nothing unless there is someone to admire them.   
    Eleanc said:
       PvP is player versus player, if you cant do it that means you are a defective player. PvP shows how much player know about the game, about his class and the enemy class, how much work he invested into the character and his gear,how smart the player is  , and how social is he.
    There is a big difference between knowing how to be a good PvP player and using abilities and strategy to advance then bragging about it and thinking you know everything about any game.  

If you can't have a civil conversation without crying how unfair life or a game is to you then you friend are a defective person and don't know the first thing about good game play.  

So pathetic.  
  • Eleanc said:

So, just curious here. Where in MMORPG do you find MMOPvP? I mean, seriously. ALL MMORPG means is massively multiplayer online role playing game. Massively multiplayer can mean cooperative as well as competitive.

It's thinking like yours that just makes people like me shake our heads. Guess what, darlin'? We don't all have to play the way you do. You don't pay my game sub, you don't get to tell me I'm defective or otherwise because I play the RPG for the RPG and like hanging out with friends while I do it.
  • Isende said: 
    So, everything about your gameplay is based on competition, and "proving" yourself.

My gameplay ain't like that. I'll happily make sure you go red every bloody time you think you gotta "prove" something, and I'll come right back, and do it again. See, what you're not understanding is that if I'm not in the mood to PvP, you ain't gonna force me into it. However, I can get in the mood to create lots of corruption decay on you, and folk like you. What on earth are you proving then?
    So, you just have written that you don't wanna play the game with people. Yeah, that's the MMO's real idea - play versus the game. Oh w8 it's about single player games? 
    Btw, you also wrote that your ignore mod creates "lots of corruption". Isn't that the opposite from what system that defend players from PK should do? 
    I want to force people to meaningful PvP, you want to create lots of PK. 
  • I just hope IS adds that a corrupted player cannot remove corruption just by fall damage because this will be exploited. Making the whole system pointless.
  • Isende said:
    Eleanc said:

So, just curious here. Where in MMORPG do you find MMOPvP? I mean, seriously. ALL MMORPG means is massively multiplayer online role playing game. Massively multiplayer can mean cooperative as well as competitive.

It's thinking like yours that just makes people like me shake our heads. Guess what, darlin'? We don't all have to play the way you do. You don't pay my game sub, you don't get to tell me I'm defective or otherwise because I play the RPG for the RPG and like hanging out with friends while I do it.
    I can say the same about you, we dont have to play the way you do, and you dont pay my game sub. You want to play a game where PvP will be pushed far away from your person, to arenas , events but as far as possible. You want to play a game where PvP would be only by agreement from both sides. Guess what, you are a carebear.
  • Eleanc said:
    Isende said:
      You want to play a game where PvP would be only by agreement from both sides. Guess what, you are a carebear.
    Did you just say carebear.

• Kadin said:
    @Eleanc I believe that they have said at every opportunity you can kill other players. If you don't like the fact that you cant do it with out assuming some risk ( will they fight back or will you become corrupted) i suggest you base your attacks on other players who choose to flag as a combatant or are in a pvp area ( convoy arena etc).
    I suggest you to read again the main idea of what @Eleanc talking about and stop throwing common phrases and hopes in alpha and beta. And thinking befor posting something. We are here to bring life AGAIN in MMORPG Genre (the classic vision of MMOs, where all gets with labour and the risks are balanced - if Green of Purple don't have a chance to loose equipment at all - why PK have to?) We are all people equal behined our monitors - thats why the bets must works at bouth sides!. PvP - doesn't mean only fight, PvP means interaction with each other not just ignore!!!. - If i want ignore I wouldn't login in game at all!!! Thats why who against at 1st topic, so worry about. Even casuals whants to fight pvp for sport - but if it will no stimulus for - the Game for them will also be boring and they leave it like others one.
    edited August 2017
  • Eleanc said:
    http://imgur.com/a/N97fI
    Your linked  image does not work
  • Eleanc said:
    Isende said:
    Eleanc said:

I can say the same about you, we dont have to play the way you do, and you dont pay my game sub. You want to play a game where PvP will be pushed far away from your person, to arenas , events but as far as possible. You want to play a game where PvP would be only by agreement from both sides. Guess what, you are a carebear.
    Guess what, you and others who just want easy kills from non-combatant players are also carebears. Ganking mostly goals for unfair fights, which makes it barely PvP. So be my guest and choose which carebear you are.  
  • Ferryman said:
    Eleanc said:
    Guess what, you and others who just want easy kills from non-combatant players are also carebears. Ganking mostly goals for unfair fights, which makes it barely PvP. So be my guest and choose which carebear you are.  
    You dont understand what is carebear. PvP fights are never fair , because some player is more or less skilled than the other. You want to say that every green player is noob? I am ready that someone more skilled and stronger will fight me, I dont see any problem in it , it is fun.
    edited August 2017
    It is not a trolling it's a simple question. If you cant say for yourself why we have to listen to you?
    edited August 2017
    You have to listen, because unlike Discord and Twitch that have built in blocking features, our ignore feature hasn't been implemented yet. I can't wait for the relative quiet once you can be blocked and all your whining and baying at the moon will go into the unseen ether like it should. Also you're a cun-tinuing source of inspiration. 
    Youre A Cun GIF - **** SouthPark Jimmy GIFs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpqNjLX_hTs
  • You have to listen, because unlike Discord and Twitch that have built in blocking features, our ignore feature hasn't been implemented yet. I can't wait for the relative quiet once you can be blocked and all your whining and baying at the moon will go into the unseen ether like it should. Also you're a cun-tinuing source of inspiration. 
    Youre A Cun GIF - **** SouthPark Jimmy GIFs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpqNjLX_hTs
    Tell us what you can at first. Ignore is it all you've got? 
  • I can see people abusing this to get someone they don't like corrupted then ganking them for their gear. But, that's the same with all game mechanics. Players will abuse them to further their own gain, be it corrupting a player for their gear or tricking someone into a battleground. I personally dislike the idea of losing my gear because a few nuisance players wouldn't leave me alone, but if that's what it takes...
This discussion has been closed.