Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The AoC PvP / PK Corruption system ... Love it? Hate it? Please change it?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Vortigern said:
    I can see people abusing this to get someone they don't like corrupted then ganking them for their gear. But, that's the same with all game mechanics. Players will abuse them to further their own gain, be it corrupting a player for their gear or tricking someone into a battleground. I personally dislike the idea of losing my gear because a few nuisance players wouldn't leave me alone, but if that's what it takes...
    You can't corrupt someone THEY get themselves corrupted.  
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Eleanc said:
    If you are going to rip open world PvP the price is high, the game will die fast. 
    Open world PvP is a very deep system.
     Isende said:
    Again, you say that as though you expect me to be offended. Further? I didn't say I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I said that if I'm not in the mood for PvP I will refuse to be forced in to it by other players.

Stay in safezone and you wont be forced to any PvP. If you want to stay untouchable pay the price for it. Enjoy growing food , crafting things afk, fishing in safezone. That is your choice how to play the game.
    Kill greens who refuse to fight back and get corruption and a bounty on yourself.  THAT  as YOU say .....  "is your choice how to play the game"

If you want to stay corrupted, as you say,  "pay the price for it."
  • Options
    Haven't read through the other comments so sorry if I'm redundant to others.

I wish there was another option for "Unsure" simply because as with everything else that's being described and detailed, it's all on paper and not tested. I think currently it's a great step in the right direction. However from Discord chat, @Alluring brought up a point that concerns me no matter what system is settled. Short gist is people intentionally grieving a player's corruption status because said player is overlapping an activity that's hindering the other.

My only experience I know like this is BDO. Two players are grinding mobs in an area, player A might start trying to be bold and overlap and take player B's group of mobs. Player B starts getting really bold and PK's player A to take his rounds. Instead of either fighting it out or moving on, player A will either continue to dive in to instigate player B to pk him. Or Player A will toggle for pvp, strike player B and toggle pvp off in hopes that player B will strike him while he's off pvp and drop his karma by killing.

Obviously the devs have stated grinding is not fun and want to clear away from it, but it leaves me wondering if certain activities whether it's the node tasks, fetch quests, or even open dungeon diving will insinuate this, mostly for citizens within the same node. Between different nodes I would honestly defend, it could be potential competition. But two players of the same node have to karma bomb each other so they can complete their node task would seem pretty rough. IMO.
  • Options
    At this time I am going to close the poll. We have had a lot of input provided and had a pretty good amount of the Community vote. Thank you for all of the comments and feedback received. i will relay this info fwd.
    Thanks <3
This discussion has been closed.