Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The AoC PvP / PK Corruption system ... Love it? Hate it? Please change it?

Comments

• Annatar said:
    J4y said:
    Kadin said:
    @Eleanc I believe that they have said at every opportunity you can kill other players. If you don't like the fact that you cant do it with out assuming some risk ( will they fight back or will you become corrupted) i suggest you base your attacks on other players who choose to flag as a combatant or are in a pvp area ( convoy arena etc).
     if Green of Purple don't have a chance to loose equipment at all - why PK have to?) 
    Check your facts dude, Greens, if they die, lose carried materials and suffer from item durability loss (which can result in broken gear) and XP debt.  The only people that don't have anything to lose are Purples that win their fights.  Stay Purple, wins fights and you don't lose anything.
    Player death
    A non-combatant who dies suffers normal penalties, which include experience debt, durability loss, as well as dropping a percentage of carried raw materials.
    combatant who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
    corrupt player suffers penalties at three or four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes weapons, gear, and inventory items.
    After death, players respawn at random spawn locations.

Equipment (weapon, armor) not the same as materials!!!

• Image result for watching everyone else have fun gif
    You more look like a cow from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdof_NJ2tpo
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Thanks god you are agree with me, that you are a cow - not even a bull.
  • Eleanc said:
    Ferryman said:
    Eleanc said:
    I can say the same about you, we dont have to play the way you do, and you dont pay my game sub. You want to play a game where PvP will be pushed far away from your person, to arenas , events but as far as possible. You want to play a game where PvP would be only by agreement from both sides. Guess what, you are a carebear.
    Guess what, you and others who just want easy kills from non-combatant players are also carebears. Ganking mostly goals for unfair fights, which makes it barely PvP. So be my guest and choose which carebear you are.  
    You dont understand what is carebear. PvP fights are never fair , because some player is more or less skilled than the other. You want to say that every green player is noob? I am ready that someone more skilled and stronger will fight me, I dont see any problem in it , it is fun.
    No, i understand perfectly what carebear meens and it can be lots of things nowdays. I think you should read about carebear full definition.

It can meen person who only avoids PvP conflicts and wants to play only PvE. 

But it can also meen so called pirate PKs which hunts easy kills and new players. This definition is used in EvE for example.

Carebear also meens player who wants to ghange game more to PvE oriented, cozy or easier for him/herself by trying to influence developers. Now like you see this can happens both ways. Not just PvE minded players are trying to change hardcore PvP games rules easier, it happens here too where gankers are trying to make their gaming experience cozy and more easier by trying to influence developers. 

So you are a carebear too, but just different kind of than some others. I am the one which shoots rainbows from his chest, i think he is cool.. but which one you are?
    edited August 2017
    Korella said:
    Isende said: 
    So, everything about your gameplay is based on competition, and "proving" yourself.

My gameplay ain't like that. I'll happily make sure you go red every bloody time you think you gotta "prove" something, and I'll come right back, and do it again. See, what you're not understanding is that if I'm not in the mood to PvP, you ain't gonna force me into it. However, I can get in the mood to create lots of corruption decay on you, and folk like you. What on earth are you proving then?
    So, you just have written that you don't wanna play the game with people. Yeah, that's the MMO's real idea - play versus the game. Oh w8 it's about single player games? 
    Btw, you also wrote that your ignore mod creates "lots of corruption". Isn't that the opposite from what system that defend players from PK should do? 
    I want to force people to meaningful PvP, you want to create lots of PK. 
    Hm. No, I've written that I won't play the tune you, and others, try to dictate. I will happily play cooperatively with folk. One thing about me; you can assume that I always mean exactly what I say, and only what I say.

Eleanc said:
    Isende said:
    Eleanc said:
    It doesnt work in real life , it doesnt work in the game as well. I came to play MMORPG, not MMOPvE. And how I already said casual games never live long , beside WoW. https://ibb.co/ic9fZ5

So, just curious here. Where in MMORPG do you find MMOPvP? I mean, seriously. ALL MMORPG means is massively multiplayer online role playing game. Massively multiplayer can mean cooperative as well as competitive.

It's thinking like yours that just makes people like me shake our heads. Guess what, darlin'? We don't all have to play the way you do. You don't pay my game sub, you don't get to tell me I'm defective or otherwise because I play the RPG for the RPG and like hanging out with friends while I do it.
    I can say the same about you, we dont have to play the way you do, and you dont pay my game sub. You want to play a game where PvP will be pushed far away from your person, to arenas , events but as far as possible. You want to play a game where PvP would be only by agreement from both sides. Guess what, you are a carebear.
    * chuckles * Actually, there's a bit of a difference. You see, if you wish to actually PvP, there's lots of avenues for it that don't involve forcing it on me, or others like me.

As for the carebear thing? Um, did you expect me to react to that as though you insulted me? Puhleeze.
  • Isende said:

As for the carebear thing? Um, did you expect me to react to that as though you insulted me? Puhleeze.

• Isende said:
    * chuckles * Actually, there's a bit of a difference. You see, if you wish to actually PvP, there's lots of avenues for it that don't involve forcing it on me, or others like me.

You try to avoid PvP as far as possible, you say PvP should be only with agreements from 2 sides.
    That definitely  carebear type of player https://aywren.com/2014/10/13/open-world-pvp-and-the-psychology-of-a-carebear/ .
  • We can the corruption system like this, if you kill a player you lose karma, while the karma is negative you cant unflag. Everyone can kill you , but no additional penalties required.
  • Again, you say that as though you expect me to be offended. Further? I didn't say I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I said that if I'm not in the mood for PvP I will refuse to be forced in to it by other players. Again, I always say exactly and only what I mean. Stop trying to read between the lines in my statements, you'll fail to understand and to communicate clearly what I'm saying.

The more I think of this, the more heartened I am. You see, if you and other gankers/griefers are so upset about this system, then it obviously means the gang at @IntrepidStudios are totally on the right path. I mean, the OWPvP players who've chimed in who don't think that ganking/griefing is legitimate PvP have indicated that they don't have a bit of an issue with the corruption system.

Good job, guys, keep it up -- and thank you!
    edited August 2017
    Annatar said:
    J4y said:

Equipment (weapon, armor) not the same as materials!!!

As they say in Eve, Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.

In AoC, if you want to kill Greens and get Corruption, don't wear what you can't afford to lose.  Suck it up.
    Nobody will want to kill Greens and get Corruption, because the reasons are too low!!!.
  • Nobody would want to kill Greens and get Corruption, because the reasons are too low!!!.

Now you're getting it. All your karma bombing buddies can fuck right off back to BDO. The developers have a plan and acting like "Whhaaaaaat? Other MMOs have had a problem with the system I'm proposing?" are not going to fly. You want to attack greens, you're going to pay the price. And the reaper's toll is heavy.
  • If you are going to rip open world PvP the price is high, the game will die fast. 
    Open world PvP is a very deep system.
     Isende said:
    Again, you say that as though you expect me to be offended. Further? I didn't say I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I said that if I'm not in the mood for PvP I will refuse to be forced in to it by other players.

Stay in safezone and you wont be forced to any PvP. If you want to stay untouchable pay the price for it. Enjoy growing food , crafting things afk, fishing in safezone. That is your choice how to play the game.
    edited August 2017
    UnknownSystemError

I didn't play BDO, you are silly cow.
  • Lol, I love the safezone argument. Safezones as stated will be the immediate areas around the entry portals, which are not nodes, and cannot be developed. The plan as of right now is to have two portals each serving two races and a 3rd area for the Tulnar. Your misconceptions from having played themeparks is showing. Get with the themebox mentality like all the cool kids. The only people so far confirmed that you will be "safe" from are people in your friends list, group/raid members, guild members, and alliance members. They had not made a decision on node citizens being safe from each other as of last time it was mentioned.
    So the idea that I "will pay the price to stay untouchable.", just so you can have the murderbox that you are advocating for is ludicrous. Keep plugging away though kid, maybe your mommy gives in when you lie on the floor and kick and scream, but the rest of us just pick you up by the scruff of your neck and spank the shit outta you.
  • Eleanc said:
    If you are going to rip open world PvP the price is high, the game will die fast. 
    Open world PvP is a very deep system.
     Isende said:
    Again, you say that as though you expect me to be offended. Further? I didn't say I try to avoid PvP as much as possible. I said that if I'm not in the mood for PvP I will refuse to be forced in to it by other players.

Stay in safezone and you wont be forced to any PvP. If you want to stay untouchable pay the price for it. Enjoy growing food , crafting things afk, fishing in safezone. That is your choice how to play the game.
    No, no, that's not the answer at all. At least, not Ashes-style. See, that's what you're missing out on here. Those like me -- and there are quite a few of us -- are ecstatic and hopped on board the hype train because IS has offered this corruption system. Being unable to pursue gathering to support my crafting because you and others like you think you should gank and grief everyone with no consequences is not the answer. Sorry!
  • Isende said:
    No, no, that's not the answer at all. At least, not Ashes-style. See, that's what you're missing out on here. Those like me -- and there are quite a few of us -- are ecstatic and hopped on board the hype train because IS has offered this corruption system. Being unable to pursue gathering to support my crafting because you and others like you think you should gank and grief everyone with no consequences is not the answer. Sorry!
    We will ask the Devs for a small safezone for you  dont worry.
  • It seems both Pro-PVP and Anti-PVP players are flaming up a storm on the Forums, that's all I'm seeing. The Corruption system wont stop anyone from killing you @Isende, it'll deter those that aren't part of larger Guilds but that's all. If we get Guilds in AoC like the ones in ArcheAge, BDO etc. They'll gank in groups of 20's and 30's.
  • They are easy to spot however , but if you are slow you will die. Join a guild and fight back, great fun.
  • Cool..and everyone will gain corruption. I find it mind boggling that you think the whole "I will just get my guild members to kill me to avoid corruption penalties." is going to work. For one, you won't be able to kill guild members. Dropping guild will come with a cooldown and undisclosed penalties (so far) when trying to immediately rejoin. A gank group coming into another nodes territory to wreak havoc may get some ganking kills in, but not without everyone in that area being alerted and scrambling to respond. Trying to go against the spirit of the system will only cause it to get cranked up to 11. "We have mechanics in mind to limit zerg balls." is one definite quote you can bet they are going to act on.
  • @UnknownSystemError What are you talking about?
  •  it'll deter those that aren't part of larger Guilds but that's all. If we get Guilds in AoC like the ones in ArcheAge, BDO etc. They'll gank in groups of 20's and 30's.

Was what I was replying to. A couple of the more murderbox oriented posters have been saying that corruption won't stop them because they will just have their friends kill them. They seem to think that dying erases the penalty of being corrupted. Large groups of 20 or 30 not deterred by the mechanics? What if everyone in that group gains corruption? Almost a certainty that the penalty for ganking in a group is going to be the same as solo, not spread among the members like a percentage.
  • I assumed you were putting words in my mouth, that's all. Having your friends kill you is one way of keeping your items, but I was personally referring to the cancerous Guilds I've come across that had maximum infamy, negative karma etc. And they didn't care. Just one thing, is the group corruption going to be a feature?
    edited August 2017
    People seem to think that it is a purely item loot issue, they have never said that. It is a chance for them to drop or be DESTROYED. So having friends kill you so you don't get looted is not going to work as a mechanic. Also putting all your gear in the bank isn't going to work. I can see a "corruption curse" mechanic in place that doesn't allow you to remove gear while corrupted. 
    Group corruption hasn't been confirmed yet, but definitely will be part of feedback from alpha. Got that one Leeroy Jenkins idiot in your group who decides to attack some green on your way to the raid location and everyone gets corrupted may be an issue. May come down to who actually does damage on someone, thus discouraging aoe zerg balls. Many things still to be worked out.
    The cancerous guilds thing is always an issue. The last livestream I asked if wedding ceremonies would be instanced. WOW had an infamous pvp raid occur on a live in-game funeral for someone who had died IRL. The backlash from that was huge and instant. This is why you see many games now have invite only instances for such events.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDcq2knko9Y
    http://mmoanthropology.tumblr.com/post/14468677539/serenity-now-attack-on-virtual-world-of-warcraft-funeral
  • I see what you mean. I prefer to play with mature players, I rarely come across a Leeroy myself. I think an area purely for those who are Corrupted could be good. Now relating to instancing, doesn't that ruin the atmosphere of the game, instancing certain events and such? It ruins the idea of an open-world sandbox. Come now, who doesn't want to re-enact the Red Wedding?
    edited August 2017
    Umm...probably the people who are having the in game wedding. Several MMOs have had people meet online and go on to get married IRL. All the real life drama, just online. If you pay to rent the hall, you get to keep out who comes in. It is all fun and games until you're the one that has Leeroy jumping up during your best man speech and teabagging the punchbowl.
  • I don't cringe much, but the thought of getting married online is pretty close. I'm all for realism personally, if you can't physically keep them out, that's on you.
  • Isende said:
    Korella said:
    Isende said: 
    So, everything about your gameplay is based on competition, and "proving" yourself.

My gameplay ain't like that. I'll happily make sure you go red every bloody time you think you gotta "prove" something, and I'll come right back, and do it again. See, what you're not understanding is that if I'm not in the mood to PvP, you ain't gonna force me into it. However, I can get in the mood to create lots of corruption decay on you, and folk like you. What on earth are you proving then?
    So, you just have written that you don't wanna play the game with people. Yeah, that's the MMO's real idea - play versus the game. Oh w8 it's about single player games? 
    Btw, you also wrote that your ignore mod creates "lots of corruption". Isn't that the opposite from what system that defend players from PK should do? 
    I want to force people to meaningful PvP, you want to create lots of PK. 
    Hm. No, I've written that I won't play the tune you, and others, try to dictate. I will happily play cooperatively with folk. One thing about me; you can assume that I always mean exactly what I say, and only what I say.

Eleanc said:
    Isende said:
    Eleanc said:
    It doesnt work in real life , it doesnt work in the game as well. I came to play MMORPG, not MMOPvE. And how I already said casual games never live long , beside WoW. https://ibb.co/ic9fZ5

So, just curious here. Where in MMORPG do you find MMOPvP? I mean, seriously. ALL MMORPG means is massively multiplayer online role playing game. Massively multiplayer can mean cooperative as well as competitive.

It's thinking like yours that just makes people like me shake our heads. Guess what, darlin'? We don't all have to play the way you do. You don't pay my game sub, you don't get to tell me I'm defective or otherwise because I play the RPG for the RPG and like hanging out with friends while I do it.

From the other posts you've made, it doesn't seem like any form of PVP will suit you. It appears you're adamant about avoiding it. If you don't wish to PVP, why do you want to play an MMORPG. I understand the want for cooperative play, but why campaign so hard against PVP'ers?
    edited August 2017
    @UnknownSystemError
    Game wedding , you got me with that lmao. How about adding more Sims features to the game?
This discussion has been closed.