Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

ALPHA 0 Keys - UPDATES / FAQ's

Comments

• Options
    Herdo said:
    Elder said:
    c0ug4r said:
    The third and last email has not been sent out yet and there's no guess when it will happen
    I can guess, the Livestream is at 3pm PST. It's likely we'll get them around that time.
    @Elder I think somebody mentioned that the last mail will be send out a little bit ahead, so people have actually time to download the ~ 7 GB :smile:
    True, after reviewing the Survey times it would make sense that they would hand out the credentials sometime before the stream. Not long now then.  >:)
  • Options
    c0ug4r said:
    File size was said to be around 7 GB.

OMG!!! This create a big problem with low connection.. Maybe 2 days for download the game...
  • Options
    Yup waiting for that 3rd mail.

It's why i didn't prioritize first time slots. Due to things being last second.

Hope I'm not slotted in first interval, and recieve my email, right when interval is starting, and then see it 2 hours later, and miss interval completely.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Yup waiting for that 3rd mail.

It's why i didn't prioritize first time slots. Due to things being last second.

Hope I'm not slotted in first interval, and recieve my email, right when interval is starting, and then see it 2 hours later, and miss interval completely.
    Now that's tricky of you! ^^
  • Options
    Hmmm, now I'm not techy, but surely Intrepid would be able to see who's downloading what and when, so if there is an issue with speed etc, they may be able to be persuaded to look kindly..... but who knows :(
  • Options
    @nagash I understand what Alpha 0 is about and if it were only for family and friends like you say I'd have no problem at all but keys are given out so it is no longer only family and friends but actually a closed Alpha... Therefore Alpha 0 is the actual 'Earliest Access to Ashes' not Phase 1.

Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!)
  • Options
    @nagash I understand what Alpha 0 is about and if it were only for family and friends like you say I'd have no problem at all but keys are given out so it is no longer only family and friends but actually a closed Alpha... Therefore Alpha 0 is the actual 'Earliest Access to Ashes' not Phase 1.

Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!)
    Alpha 0 isn't access to Ashes, it's a mock-up of systems Intrepid need tested. They can't support everyone who backed during these extremely early testing phases. 

I bought the $1k package but still got my a0 key from participating in the community, you could have done the same. 
  • Options
    @Elder Like I said, I understand what Alpha 0 is about... and I understand the server probably can't hold all the backers so I'm not even concerned I can't play. All I'm saying is Alpha 0 is actually a closed alpha because random players are selected to play and because of this it is the actual 'Earliest Access to Ashes'.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    @Elder Like I said, I understand what Alpha 0 is about... and I understand the server probably can't hold all the backers so I'm not even concerned I can't play. All I'm saying is Alpha 0 is actually a closed alpha because random players are selected to play and because of this it is the actual 'Earliest Access to Ashes'.
    Like I said, a0 isn't access to Ashes. Alpha 0 is a mock-up of systems and environments, it doesn't remotely resemble a playable game. 

Alpha 1 will more or less resemble the full world of verra with more flushed out systems, hence it being the first access to Ashes of Creation. 

Also don't expect testers to just be doing much playing, Intrepid has told us exactly what we're supposed to be doing during our limited time. 
  • Options
    w00t. Here come the alpha keys.
  • Options
    No more sleeps! Unless I fall asleep waiting for the 3rd email. 
  • Options
    I did not get the 9th email but just noticed the 13th email.  9 minutes after deadline.   Nooooooooooooooooooo...............ooooo   was yelled =(  
  • Options
    I would like to play in this project. But I did not have the money to buy the package. I missed the competitions. Maybe someone wants to share the key?
  • Options
    I would like to play in this project. But I did not have the money to buy the package. I missed the competitions. Maybe someone wants to share the key?
    No.
  • Options
    Has anybody else not yet received the second email? I'm still waiting on that on. :(
  • Options
    Everybody should've received the 2nd mail already and I think it's now even too late to contact support because the survey should've been answered a few hours ago (think 9am PST) to be able to take part in alpha 0 :|
  • Options
    I think the livecast will tell us what to do in the Alpha and what they want, then afterwards they will release the emails. I also think they are having technical difficulties.
  • Options
    Image result for please stand by gif
  • Options
    Well I didn't get my first choice but at least I was paired with friends.  >:)
  • Options
    Not my first choice either but a time that suits me being from AU, just happy to be in alpha0 tbh.
  • Options
    Is only 1 assigned timeslot a normal thing to get?
  • Options
    Yes, people on discord all talk about one assigned time slot.
  • Options

Lets all learn all the mistakes made with the Pre-Alpha. Lets hope all have a smoother transition going forward.
  • Options
    chance 1 me 0  
  • Options
    Where are you supposed to get the credentials and such? I completed everything required by the deadlines, and it's currently 1 in the morning, five hours after I finished. Is everything going as planned? Also, where am I supposed to find the channels?
  • Options
    Me too... Waiting link and credentials... I hope that I will have time to download for my time slot...  :|
  • Options
    Link and credentials will be emailed to everyone who has signed the NDA document.
  • Options
    Well, so far they were not late with any mails, so it looks like everything is going as planed and all further emails will be in time as well.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Are time slot times pacific time or our local time I believe its PT. Also signed NDA 9 +hours ago and still no email with link to DL game? Any answers for me out there? Also how do I join discord channel?
  • Options
    Alserian said:
    Are time slot times pacific time or our local time I believe its PT. Also signed NDA 9 +hours ago and still no email with link to DL game? Any answers for me out there? Also how do I join discord channel?
    The time is in PST, the emails haven't been sent out yet.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/AshesOfCreation
This discussion has been closed.