Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

ALPHA 0 Keys - UPDATES / FAQ's

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    I have read through this entire thread. I checked every folder I've got in my e-mail and I did not receive a key, but I received the e-mail telling me that I'm getting an Alpha Zero key. Is there anyone out there that can help?
  • Options
    Check your junk folder. That's where I found mine. Then click the link that says "This is not spam" and it will go to regular mail.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Check your junk folder. That's where I found mine. Then click the link that says "This is not spam" and it will go to regular mail.
    "I have read through this entire thread. I checked every folder I've got in my e-mail and I did not receive a key" - I apparently, incorrectly assumed, people would know I checked my junk folder.

Thank you for the reply though.
  • Options
    Yea prob under spam ..good luck!!
  • Options
    If you have not received your email and are a key winner, wait till this evening PST. If it has not arrived in the email address registered to your account with AoC (check spam, promotions, junk ... all those good folders) send me a DM. I will add you to a short list for manual validation and resend. Thank you
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    If you have not received your email and are a key winner, wait till this evening PST. If it has not arrived in the email address registered to your account with AoC (check spam, promotions, junk ... all those good folders) send me a DM. I will add you to a short list for manual validation and resend. Thank you
    Thank you! I did check spam, promotions, junk, etc., and it's nowhere to be found. I will wait until this evening, check again and then I'll DM you for further assistance.
  • Options
    So I got the first email saying I'd be receiving a key... still waiting for the second one. And yes I check my spam folder - checked everything.
  • Options
    the 2nd has not been sent yet
  • Options
    Post updated for clarification
  • Options
    Hagar said:
    When I paid in kickstarter, pre Alpha was included in the rewards. I checked my emails and spam. There is nothing there.

Who do I contact?

Nevermind. I can see now you are not including this as part of the package.

ALPHA 0 is pre-alpha. A private testing phase.
  • Options
    I found my email. I use gmail and it was in my "Promotions" tab of the inbox. Just thought I would share for anyone else who has several tabs in their inbox.
  • Options
    The email comes from Intrepid Studios not Ashes blah blah. Do a search for Intrepid Studios, or Alpha Zero.
  • Options
    Has there been any word on the event for more alpha keys? I've been checking around and haven't seen any posts or updates.
  • Options

UPDATE: As of 12/9/2017 at 5 PM PST, all Alpha 0 key winners should have received an email to address registered on their Ashes of Creation accounts. Please check your SPAM, Promotional, Junk, Bulk or equivalent folders for this message. If you have not received this email, please send a DM to me and we will work to validate your access and facilitate a resend of this email. A 2nd email will be delivered to your registered account in the next few days containing additional details related to ALPHA 0, your credentials / key code, as well as a link to the download client. Thank you and best wishes <3

• Options
    Has there been any word on the event for more alpha keys? I've been checking around and haven't seen any posts or updates.
    There was a sleight delay in event announcement. No current ETA has been set for its posting.
  • Options
    @Belewyn thanks for the response mate.
  • Options
    I WOULD SELL MY FIRST, SECOND AND THIRDBORN CHILD FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THIS GAME

• Options
    Gotten the first mail, containing general info and TLDR steps.

Now waiting for the second one. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So, any idea how big the game is when you download it?

E:Answered by Steven, around 7gb

• Options
    I am quoting Kickstarter email:
    Reward
    Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!)
    Now i am asking, how is that related to alpha0? I have not seen a key. Seems that  "Earliest Access to Ashes!" is not getting fulfilled.

• Options
    Don't worry @F1zban a mod will be along shortly to quote you the official line that Alpha 0 is not really access to the game, therefore doesn't qualify as breaking the KS quote.
  • Options
    F1zban said:
    Reward
    Now i am asking, how is that related to alpha0? I have not seen a key. Seems that  "Earliest Access to Ashes!" is not getting fulfilled.

ALPHA 0 is a pre-Alpha test phase of 3 days. This is a private test phase and not access to the Full Alpha experience coming with Alpha 1 which KS and SS backers had the option to pledge into. This has all been stated clearly both within the KS, Livestreams, Q&A sessions, Discord etc on multiple occasions.

• Options
    Belewyn said:
    F1zban said:
    Reward

ALPHA 0 is a pre-Alpha test phase of 3 days. This is a private test phase and not access to the Full Alpha experience coming with Alpha 1 which KS and SS backers had the option to pledge into. This has all been stated clearly both within the KS, Livestreams, Q&A sessions, Discord etc on multiple occasions.

That was exact quote from KS rewards. You are now just twisting words after KS. And why are you even trying to close away your backers? There weren't too many of us. Three days is earliest access. Private alpha is closed alpha. There was nothing mentioned about length of fullness or alphas that could precede in KS livestreams. Honor your obligations.

• Options

The earliest access in KS was the earliest purchasable access to Ashes. Alpha Zero is a series of pre-alpha testing phases that are invitation only. Below I provide screenshots of the KickStarter FAQ’s where this is stated.

• Options
    I havn't received mine yet is it normal ? i refreshed and checked mails but nothing.
  • Options
    Jaikant said:
    I havn't received mine yet is it normal ? i refreshed and checked mails but nothing.
    @Jaikant if you haven't received an email yet direct message @Belewyn

Belewyn said:

UPDATE: As of 12/9/2017 at 5 PM PST, all Alpha 0 key winners should have received an email to address registered on their Ashes of Creation accounts. Please check your SPAM, Promotional, Junk, Bulk or equivalent folders for this message. If you have not received this email, please send a DM to me and we will work to validate your access and facilitate a resend of this email. A 2nd email will be delivered to your registered account in the next few days containing additional details related to ALPHA 0, your credentials / key code, as well as a link to the download client. Thank you and best wishes <3

• Options
    Nvm, i got the mail on another adress that my connect ID one o-O, also i thought thoses "promotions" mails were not in standart box".
  • Options
    Belewyn said:

The earliest access in KS was the earliest purchasable access to Ashes. Alpha Zero is a series of pre-alpha testing phases that are invitation only.

...snip...

Reading all that actually confirms that "earliest access" backers belong to alpha0. It's right there, "Alpha1 will be our very first 'closed' test" and it matches my mail. You are doing very first closed test, as you actually write above: "invitation only". What is your problem with backers?

Reading further, do you plan to run SERIES of alphas without giving access to backers? This sounds even worse breach.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    F1zban said:
    Belewyn said:

The earliest access in KS was the earliest purchasable access to Ashes. Alpha Zero is a series of pre-alpha testing phases that are invitation only.

...snip...

Reading all that actually confirms that "earliest access" backers belong to alpha0. It's right there, "Alpha1 will be our very first 'closed' test" and it matches my mail. You are doing very first closed test, as you actually write above: "invitation only". What is your problem with backers?

Reading further, do you plan to run SERIES of alphas without giving access to backers? This sounds even worse breach.

I'm unsure of what your trying to get at here @F1zban... These "Alpha 0" aren't really alphas.. its inhouse testing for backend and other features they cant test with their staff only.. would you feel better if it was called pre-alpha? Because thats what these are.
  • Options
    F1zban said:
    Belewyn said:

...snip...

There is no debate. I was clear, Intrepid was clear. End of discussion.
This discussion has been closed.