Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Costumes you would like to see.

Comments

• Options
    ok, so it's all the customization option's fault got it.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I'm not sure how making your character unique is causing the game to lose its identity? If anything some games style of clothes makes that game unique e.gWarhammerr 
    You clearly don't understand what I'm saying. MMORPG genre is badly influenced by Asian market with all those ridiculous gear designs which at some point doesn't even fit into the game itself. Most developers think that if they make it appealing to horny kids and all sorts of weirdos they will success. Well, they won't and this is exactly what happens now on MMORPG market. Game after game fails by trying to make as much eye candy content ignoring any reason while RPG creators success by designing well crafted coherent content without any nonsense bikini armours and see-through dresses posing as armour. There is the reason why RPG's like Witcher 3 won over 500 awards and are an example which other developers should study and learn from. Developers like CDRed understand design and especially what NOT TO DO and because of that, they sold over 33 MILLION copies where a company like Blizzard sells expansions of only 4-5 million copies. MMORPG games literally fail because developers are trying to come up with content which instead of being reasonable and coherent is just overdone and just plain stupid. 

When it comes to game identity it's quite simple. If I ask any of my friends who play MMORPG's what is BDO they will ask me "Is this the game where you look overdressed and farm mobs 24/7?" ;) BDO doesn't have any identity but asks same about WoW and people will talk about lore and all the interesting things they were doing in the game.
    If you ask people about Terra Online people again will talking about slut gear and nothing more... yet another MMORPG which is represented by garbage design and not by what the game actually is.

From what I saw in all AoC videos they are getting influenced by rubbish Asian gear design and that's a one step in the wrong direction which may well cost this game good spot on the market.

Ps. Warhammer is a good example of good coherency in design where the world and character design blends well. Imagine Warhammer with panties for armour ;) I don't think this game series would exist if Asians would design content for Warhammer ;) 
  • Options
    Fuck yeah never mind the fact that in a standard fantasy setting most people tend to over-exaggerate their shit, like 90% of books and games do this (look at WoW now that's a ridiculous pauldron size). I want to have a lot of options to make my goddamn character and sorry to break it to you if lingerie exists then I can run around in it for all I want, I'd probably get locked up though....BUT I CAN STILL DO IT !

Also I'd say the minority are the people like you who don't want a large amount of customizable outfits rather than those who do. As long as they fit the setting of the game (which IS is going for) then there is no problem with even a 1000000000 costumes for all I care.

Sorry 'bout the rant :3
    I never said I don't want customization and, to be honest, I would love to be able to interchange pieces of gear so you can create a new set out of various pieces you own. This is actually one of the main features which people (and i) love in the WoW. 
    That said there is a fine balance between the game world and outfits which characters are wearing which makes game content coherent thus making the game better. If you gonna break this coherency by throwing in slut gear and all the nonsense we can think of especially from Asian MMO's then (let me be blunt) the game will be garbage. 
    There is a reason why games which make Asian inspired gear, nonsense wedding dresses and panties armours are going out of business ;)

FYI there are more people who like practical design in games over bikini armours and wedding dresses and most of those people play RPG because MMORPG's genre went into ditch witch all this nonsense being poured from Asia into the western market. There is literally no good MMORPG to play because all of them copy paste rubish Asian design and they think that people love it while most of the people actually hate it.  Terra is a good example of failed MMORPG which was trying to get people attention with slut gear and now they scramble to survive even after switching to F2P because no one wanted to play for this game. 
    I want slutty armors... probably wont get them because Intrepid has been clear that cosmetics will stay in line with the game setting. Complaining about Asian design in armors is pretty weird when WoW has pauldrons the size of a chestplate and a fuck-tonne of spikes everywhere too, dont get me started on weapon sizes either, basically wow and asian mmo's share a lot in terms of design. Well suit yourself anyway from all the cosmetics we have seen so far I wouldn't say anything is out of line.
  • Options
    i want everything included.

armor for the prudes,
    armor for the pervs
    armor for the high fantasy fans
    armor for the casual farmer/gatherer
    recreational clothes for the role players
    Clothes for the dancers in that one town

just like they said theyre not catering to either pvp or pve but a mix of both, then why not the same with customization and armor design.

RL is ugly (myself mostly) i relish the escape into being a sexeh character with sexeh outfits if i so wish when im in that mood, or badass if im in another.

People like beautiful and sexeh things... its in our nature. i welcome all outfits, the cool and the skimpy

• Options

• Options
    How can this guy fit inside any doors.

Image result for huge pauldrons

• Options
    How can this guy fit inside any towns.

Image result for huge pauldrons

there I fixed it for you ^^
  • Options
    I like variety, bring them all on.  Though I will secretly admit I hate those big pauldrons, too.

One of my favorite outfits was a gardener's outfit in BDO; it fit my farming toon beautifully.  I'm hoping that we will get profession outfits as well.
  • Options
    SaintJ said:
    Fuck yeah never mind the fact that in a standard fantasy setting most people tend to over-exaggerate their shit, like 90% of books and games do this (look at WoW now that's a ridiculous pauldron size). I want to have a lot of options to make my goddamn character and sorry to break it to you if lingerie exists then I can run around in it for all I want, I'd probably get locked up though....BUT I CAN STILL DO IT !

Also I'd say the minority are the people like you who don't want a large amount of customizable outfits rather than those who do. As long as they fit the setting of the game (which IS is going for) then there is no problem with even a 1000000000 costumes for all I care.

Sorry 'bout the rant :3
    I never said I don't want customization and, to be honest, I would love to be able to interchange pieces of gear so you can create a new set out of various pieces you own. This is actually one of the main features which people (and i) love in the WoW. 
    That said there is a fine balance between the game world and outfits which characters are wearing which makes game content coherent thus making the game better. If you gonna break this coherency by throwing in slut gear and all the nonsense we can think of especially from Asian MMO's then (let me be blunt) the game will be garbage. 
    There is a reason why games which make Asian inspired gear, nonsense wedding dresses and panties armours are going out of business ;)

FYI there are more people who like practical design in games over bikini armours and wedding dresses and most of those people play RPG because MMORPG's genre went into ditch witch all this nonsense being poured from Asia into the western market. There is literally no good MMORPG to play because all of them copy paste rubish Asian design and they think that people love it while most of the people actually hate it.  Terra is a good example of failed MMORPG which was trying to get people attention with slut gear and now they scramble to survive even after switching to F2P because no one wanted to play for this game. 
    I want slutty armors... probably wont get them because Intrepid has been clear that cosmetics will stay in line with the game setting. Complaining about Asian design in armors is pretty weird when WoW has pauldrons the size of a chestplate and a fuck-tonne of spikes everywhere too, dont get me started on weapon sizes either, basically wow and asian mmo's share a lot in terms of design. Well suit yourself anyway from all the cosmetics we have seen so far I wouldn't say anything is out of line.
    Id take bikini armor over overly exgerated huge armor pieces, or overly glowing armor sets.

People will complain about sexy armor sets, but will request butterfly wings in the same breath. I find it alot more immersion breaking when i see people running around with unrealisticly heavy armorsets and wings then a bikini plate armorset, but that's a matter of taste i guess.
    Well yeah if you are going to bitch and moan about something you should at least do it properly and not nit-pick what you like/dislike. Sure big armors and wings are awesome but if you got them then you can have the rest of weird shit too :3
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    As someone who enjoys wearing costumes and collecting them, I'm excited to see what Intrepid will design for the game. I know they said they'll stick with the game theme but I hope they'll expand it. Hopefully season and holiday related costumes? Since we'll be experiencing all four seasons ingame I'd like costumes to go along with them. 
  • Options
    yup I have very high expectations regarding the character customization specially through in game means.
  • Options

• Options

We already have something  like that ^^

• Options
    nagash said:

The only reason I didnt buy it is because of the lack of sleeves :/
  • Options
    nagash said:

The only reason I didnt buy it is because of the lack of sleeves :/
    Yeah that is a problem but Im just happy that its being made
  • Options
    nagash said:

Not good enough.
  • Options
    nagash said:

Not good enough.
    I know but its the name that makes me happy plus we should get new items this October ^^
  • Options
    I would like to see bard/gypsy outfits for everyday wear and travel, plus outfits for performing.

For those that want to go over the top, go to your local book store and look at costumes from the middle ages.  Some of the things that you might see could earn the game an M or higher rateing.  Codd pieces for males, nobel/royal class dresses that leave the breasts bare.
    For those males that think they need to show off for the females, tie a pickel to your leg under your pants.  But that is getting to far outside the realm of the game.
  • Options

Stone Mason

• Options
    edited October 2018

Robe of stars! 
    plus a pointy wizard hat with the same theme
  • Options
    Azurl said:

Robe of stars! 
    Oh now that I like 
  • Options
    that looks great! would pair very good with the space turtle.
  • Options
    Not a costume per say buuut, warpaint please?

and just in case to not be offtopic, pelt armors. Over your head, on your shoulder or imitating animals in general.

• Options
    Grisu said:
    Not a costume per say buuut, warpaint please?

and just in case to not be offtopic, pelt armors. Over your head, on your shoulder or imitating animals in general.

Cant afford proper clothing so have to wear animal pelts now ey ? 
  • Options
    @AutumnLeaf I mean if you want to just go shopping and spend some gold coins on helpless sheep that got sheared or some plant getting picked, be my guest.
    I will be out there fistfiting bears, lions, snow leopards, dragons and such to not harm the pelt and wear it as a thropy. : 3
  • Options
    I wear only the finest of metals inlaced with magic 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I wear only the finest of metals inlaced with magic 
    See this decomposing corpse understands fashion better than you @Grisu
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    People tell me that all the time, but I'm still
  • Options
    We know already that there will be profession specific skins, ala the Tinker and Merchant skins that came from the KS/Summer. They stated in a livestream that they are going to stay away from things that don't fit their definition of "high fantasy" so as much fun as it would be to run around in a mankini, probably nope on French Maids too.
    Image result for mankini meme
    Thats not a mankini....thats an expert level wedgy.
  • Options
    Actually, I would really be hoping for climate focused/dependant armour/clothing.
    Its one thing being different looking because different race. Its another for the race to wear different clothes because the biome requires it. I get clothing style is cultural, but it is also functional too.