Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hack/Bot Prevention?

I know its very early and we are not in any danger right now, and they have much more to work on besides this, I also know that they are very experienced in the MMORPG world as developers. So I am sure they have plenty of experience dealing with hacking/bot issues in previous projects. My question is basically if they have any idea on what hack prevention company they plan on using or if they are creating their own in house and how have they dealt with these issues in the past as developers?

I ask this because new releases promise to crack down on cheaters and yet, there always seems to be a big outbreak of them, then after that happens they upgrade their system. I mean there are already some really concrete options out there to choose from like BattleEye, I know that you can bypass these services but how much of the game is going to be accessible to the average hacker in the first place. In BDO there was a very frequently used and known hack for quite a while that allowed players to spam abilities, basically instantly killing world bosses that were supposed to take 30 minutes to kill at the time(with 30-50 people at least).

Also I'll assume that they are building the game from the ground up with intrusion prevention in mind.

Once again I'm sure they have their head straight on this topic, I just want to know if theres any more info on this. I have found one quote from Steven, the active GM portion does seem reassuring, and will be huge cost to keep up for the developers but is greatly appreciated. You don't see that dedication from developers much now.

Steven:
"Outside of the standard mmo security mechanics that involve, algorithms and flagging accounts that have nonstandard action. We plan to have a very active gm community that will be proactive in preventing RMT, botting, spamming in chat, all that kind of stuff. It is something we haven't seen in most recent mmos for some reasons. I don't know why we moved away from active GMs, but that's something I feel very strongly about that GMs should be proactive in servers and stuff. Which means, yes, there will be a higher costs associated for customer service from that standpoint, but at the same time if you build up a subscription model game those are the types of things you can do."

Comments