Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the partnership with My.com...

Comments

• Options
    eeeeb said:
    This week is getting worse....Already the second big disappointment (the other one is not related to AoC).

Why My.com? They are such a greedy company with no interest in the community. For them it is all about money.
    They have such a terrible reputation and I got to know them while playing RO.

Weren't there any other 'legitimate' publisher left?

I was so looking forward to the release of AoC with perhaps looking at it with rose-colored glasses. The progress has been incredible so far but now I have huge concerns about the release in the EU.

---

The main issue is that the MMORPG genre is really on the brink of 'dying'. Over the last years it has been abused by certain companies and the players have been lied to many times.
    There was/is so much disappointment among the players and with all the hype that was/is generated with every new title the players/customers are getting more and more sensitive to certain 'red flags'. Also little things are then blown out of proportion because of those bad experiences. In some cases this is then not fair to the company.

It is becoming very hard to stay objective and as you can read from this comment, I am also not immune to that which leaves me very conflicted and sad at the moment.
     :( 
    It's totally understandable. The MMO genre has been beaten and abused time and time again by so many companies. I think a lot of us are losing hope and there are only a couple select titles we're able to get even hopeful for anymore.
  • Options
    I don't post often here but after catching this news on Reddit, I felt compelled. I've been burned with My.com in the past, and this is certainly a red flag for me.

Strategically I am struggling to understand the decision, and as a game built on the perception of changing the broken aspects of current MMOs, this looks terrible from a user's point of view. I am sure due diligence was performed by Intrepid, and they would have discovered the absolutely abismal track record of My.com.

What were they thinking? 

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Wait. The article says My.com AND Mail.ru.

Both these companies have a garbage reputation in the MMO genre.  

Welp, my condolences my EU buds. You're always welcome in NA!
  • Options
    As mentioned, there'd be a huge issue with time difference.
  • Options
    I know there was a Statement in which  Intrepid says they stay in charge of the Content and so on. BUT is there a detailed Elaboration as of why they Chose my.com ? 

I cant imagine it is because of the Money, so why ? 

Also, I am not really fond in european Publishers but judging by my.com's existing games and other people's reactions they dont appear like 1st choice to me. I would love to see a comparison to other Publishers and finally, what lead Intrepid to choose my.com 
  • Options
    That is indeed very very bad news for us players

I'm a player too...who's had bad experiences with My.com.

And that is with the tank game Armored Warfare

Once it was a joint project of Obsidian and My.com.

Until the moment My.com wanted to develop the game on its own.

From that point on the game got worse and worse...and lost a lot of players.

But still, it doesn't prevent My.com from....regularly offering new tanks for real money every month.

And unfortunately there are still players...who are so stupid....to let you milk like a cow.

So it is....in my eyes...only a matter of time..until My.com gets the sole power...and makes the game here a pure p2w game.

I am therefore strongly at the superior.....whether I demand my money back.

Because I don't agree with this publisher at all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Options
    I really had high hopes and a good opinion of Intrepid studios and now they affiliate their revolutionary game with this tacky publisher. This partnership is concerning.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure you aren't entitled to a refund because you disagree with a choice during the design process of a crowd funded pre-release game. 
  • Options
    Dragnon said:
    Im pretty sure you aren't entitled to a refund because you disagree with a choice during the design process of a crowd funded pre-release game. 
    Don't see how this comment adds anything to this discussion. 

• Options
    I think everyone is overreacting and should wait for Steven's explanation. Its still intrepid's game and they get the say in everything. Having someone else publish it doesn't mean a sudden addition of loot crate bull shit. Now i have no idea what was in their deal so maybe this is the case, but i will wait for an explanation before judging this decision.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Karthos said:
    Dragnon said:
    Don't see how this comment adds anything to this discussion. 

It should take care of several of the requests for refund in the thread.
  • Options
    I think everyone is overreacting and should wait for Steven's explanation. 

Whilst it is true that waiting for Steve's explanation is the sensible approach, peoples' disdain for My.com is well founded, and they have every right to raise their concerns.
  • Options
    -2K- said:
    Its The End.
    Jesus. At least hear them out
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    -2K- said:
    Its The End.
    Jesus. At least hear them out
    No this is an MMO forum, where the world ends and the problems are fatal.
  • Options
    Fuck my.com. 

There is no way i am going to trust them with my data after the shit they have pulled, and the way they are treating their games. If Intrepid isn't self-publishing this game in EU i am out and i would bet so is everyone else who lives here.

Intrepid, this is beyond stupid. No matter the contracts you signed, no matter how much you say 'we trust them to deliver good service', it's not going to happen. Fuck off.

I'll have to ask for my kickstarter refunded please. FML. And i had such high hopes for this game, but no, you just had to ruin it from the start.
  • Options
    It will still hurt Ashes of Creation even if everything with my.com turns out fine. We will lose some potential players just because the game is associated with my.com

Anyway the big worry is the server stability/security, account security and the customer support issues. I don't think we have to worry about p2w stuff. But still this is not good, even if it turns out all right in the end the taint of my.com will negatively affect Ashes.
  • Options
    comming from BDO and kashkao nothing scares me
  • Options
    poor customer experience
  • Options
    That is indeed very very bad news for us players

I'm a player too...who's had bad experiences with My.com.

And that is with the tank game Armored Warfare

Once it was a joint project of Obsidian and My.com.

Until the moment My.com wanted to develop the game on its own.

From that point on the game got worse and worse...and lost a lot of players.

But still, it doesn't prevent My.com from....regularly offering new tanks for real money every month.

And unfortunately there are still players...who are so stupid....to let you milk like a cow.

So it is....in my eyes...only a matter of time..until My.com gets the sole power...and makes the game here a pure p2w game.

I am therefore strongly at the superior.....whether I demand my money back.

Because I don't agree with this publisher at all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Welp, my condolences my EU buds. You're always welcome in NA!
    Thank you. A very kind move. <3
  • Options
    welp, ive played on na before  as eu myself. its not half bad really, theres a little lag wich at times dicks you over but even then its not half bad:D

(this was during ff14)
  • Options
    Very disappointed with the news but let's not lose all hope yet. Steven will be doing a Q&A later, hopefully he can shed some light on the criteria for the decision and the control that my.com will have.
  • Options
    Noooo my.com!! Combat vid was such a high followed by this shit.. Such a disappointment. 
  • Options
    I played Skyforge through My.com, I don't have a bad opinion of them, the cash shop in Skyforge never bothered me.  As for Revelation Online, it is Chinese, so it was built from the ground up for wallet warriors.
    That said, I am American, so I am going to be on the OG servers anyway.  I can't think of any MMO publisher that is not guilty of P2W to some degree (Trion, Aeria, NCsoft, Daybreak) but I have also never cared whether someone else had an advantage over me, just as long as I can eventually get on par I am fine.  No matter what publisher Intrepid chose there would be a thread nearly identical to this one.  The core design of the game is going to determine how much a cash shop could damage it.
  • Options
    As someone living the EU; I won't be buying or playing the game through my.com.  

They are worse than EA. Could write a whole essay about what's wrong with my.com, I'm not gonna deal with that shit again. 
  • Options
    Khrome said:
    Fuck my.com. 

There is no way i am going to trust them with my data after the shit they have pulled, and the way they are treating their games. If Intrepid isn't self-publishing this game in EU i am out and i would bet so is everyone else who lives here.

Intrepid, this is beyond stupid. No matter the contracts you signed, no matter how much you say 'we trust them to deliver good service', it's not going to happen. Fuck off.

I'll have to ask for my kickstarter refunded please. FML. And i had such high hopes for this game, but no, you just had to ruin it from the start.

So much this. It's a scam company. No way i will give them personal information to pay for the game subscription. Plus, no one should support such companies if they are displeased with the current status of the gaming (MMO) industry. Otherwise, it's just being hypocritical (and stupid) af. Thank god i did not invested in the crowdfunding... it was too good to be true, that's why i always refrained myself to do so. I'm sad... i really though Ashes would be the one for a moment. Well, i guess that is true for our friends at NA tho. Lucky bastards xD
  • Options
    Im do not know English and I use google translations, in Russia, too, everyone was upset that the publisher is will become mail.ru/My.com but we were not so lucky anymore, mail.ru/My.com is considered to  the best and greedy publisher(In Russia), you can imagine what other publishers we have, if mail.ru/My.com is the best of them, we Russian players had high hopes that we will h a good game with a good publisher, but our dreams  do not come true and we again have to endure mail.ru/My.com
  • Options
    обсалютно все русские игроки которые ждали AoC против майл.ru но у нас нет выбора....
  • Options
    edited August 2018
                                            Warning!! - Google Translate!!
     For the EU, not everything is lost, but for us in the CIS... Everything is bad.
    Mail.ru / My.сom - evil, clean and uncomplicated. And like any evil, sooner or later it will achieve its own ... Specifically, the milking of players and, as a consequence, the closure of the project in the CIS. If the EU server, after a few months of suffering, they will eventually be taken away, and they will give to someone not to be different (well, or how Blizzard will themselves localize). Then in the CIS the project will die. All who know ENG will go to EU (if lock for ip will not ...), and the rest will erase clips on YouTube = '(
  • Options
    If I do not agree to My.com having ANY access to my personal data, is my only option to VPN to USA?