Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About the partnership with My.com...

Comments

• Options
    I think this was the worst decision Intrepid made so far or to be honest the first really bad one for me, kind of late to say it now but it would have been much better if they gave us a heads up on something like this.
  • Options
    I think it depends on what exactly my.com is doing in the contract
    Since there aren't even a single thing that my.com doing right, it ain't depends on it...

No sane player ever would play with any game that is launched under my.com aegis. Ppls who got scammed by the crowdfunding will probably play, however it's not the first nor the second game that my.com ruined, so there aren't much hope for EU....
  • Options
    Played both Skyfrog and Rev.  Really dislike my.com.  Cash grab is an understatement.  We aren't talking pay for convienence items, we are talking only obtainable via cash shop items that provide power boosts.  If NA is not published by my.com I would take it as a sign they do not care about EU and most major guilds will and should probably roll on NA servers.  Just my 2 cents, but this was the #1 worst name I could wake up to read.  
  • Options
    I sincerely hope that we are just over-reacting and that Steven will explain and perhaps justify this decision later today.

However, right now all I can think is this: do Intrepid Studios value us, their EU players so little that they are willing to let someone like My.com publish their game? Because I am certain Intrepid have done their research and know what My.com has done to other games. And Steven continuously claims to know what it is like to be a player getting treated like trash by publishers, but then he chooses to let My.com publish his game? I am just so confused...

• Options
    Will it be possible to play on US server if we are in Europe? If not i would like a total refund!!!!

• Options
    So hyped after the combat video only to have it crash down with this crap.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    Pretty much, I must say it was a great way to put people in a shit mood.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    The question I have is how many people would have paid into ashes if my.com
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    I am NA so it does not necessarily  affect me and i still would have trouble committing to this game if i knew ahead of time that My.com would be a part of it.  I have no interest in supporting that company in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    LoanWolf said:
    I would take it as a sign they do not care about EU and most major guilds will and should probably roll on NA servers. 
    I sincerely do not think that is the case because if Ashes is to have a sustainable future then it can't alienate a player base like that. However, in my mind, separate publishers mean IP blocks (though I could be wrong) and if so, what would happen then? (Rhetorical question as this is just stoking the fire I guess....).  
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Oh sh*t... I guess I have 2000$ worth of packages to sell... I won't play the game if it will be published in EU by MY.com (not worth the stress) and I wont play on NA servers because the lag will be a nightmare... so I guess if Steven won't change his mind, then there goes the game... and my trust in a better MMORPG future...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I thought it was promised to have no pay 2 win. This is concerning. When do you more experienced forum people think/guess at to a response for this? I was literally just about to pledge but now I want to know more before I do.

This is a huge red flag for me.
  • Options
    So sorry for all of you in EU! This sucks balls why would they even choose my.com, it's so fking terrible my god.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    akmaa said:
    Since there aren't even a single thing that my.com doing right, it ain't depends on it...

No sane player ever would play with any game that is launched under my.com aegis. Ppls who got scammed by the crowdfunding will probably play, however it's not the first nor the second game that my.com ruined, so there aren't much hope for EU....
    You are over reacting a bit.

It does matter if my.com is only providing the storage of the servers. Steven already posted on Discord saying all Creative rights belong to Intrepid. Meaning my.com cannot put anything into the game. They can only store the servers that Intrepid buys, keep the power running to them. And *Maybe* customer support if it was neccessary.

Wait for details. Its not like My.Com cant run electricity to keep lights on for EU 
  • Options
    I believe there's a further explanation expected tonight.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    As somebody who has been burned by previous My.com ventures (revelation *cough cough*), I too am deeply concerned about this. I cannot fathom a scenario in which Steve is unaware of their poor reputation, and given that, why he'd cast his lot with them. 
    Also, i don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but even if lag isn't an issue, playing a game like this on an NA server when you're in Europe would be a nightmare on the time difference alone. If raids and major events are organised at specific times, this becomes completely unworkable for most people if they're across the pond. I know this is all conjecture at this point, but one way round this would be if there are multiple servers within a particular region, that way large groups of people from Europe can populate a server and run on more convenient times for themselves.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Awesome. I will wait with anticipation.
  • Options
    akmaa said:

It does matter if my.com is only providing the storage of the servers. Steven already posted on Discord saying all Creative rights belong to Intrepid. Meaning my.com cannot put anything into the game. They can only store the servers that Intrepid buys, keep the power running to them. And *Maybe* customer support if it was neccessary.

Wait for details. Its not like My.Com cant run electricity to keep lights on for EU 
    I do hope you are correct...and if i had to guess i would say you are.  I am still frustrated to support a company like My.com in any form even if it will not affect game performance or how things are run and played.  The whole point is that Steven is completely against P2W,  yet he is going to be putting money in the pocket of a P2W company.  Just frustrated that any part of my money is going to that horrible company. 
  • Options
    akmaa said:

I remember ppl was saying same about Revelation Online, still they managed to bring loot boxes and made another shop(different from the game) on their site(so only way to get items you need, is to pay real money).
  • Options
    Well "I wanted to share a quick message with all of you, following our announcement regarding my.com and Ashes of Creation.
    We at my.com are fully committed to supporting the creative vision that Intrepid Studios has for Ashes of Creation. In our partnership we are looking forward to supporting them with the knowledge and experience of my.com in the publishing areas of Localization, Community Management, Server Infrastructure and more, while Intrepid will remain in full creative control of the game. My.com has primarily published traditional Free-To-Play titles from predominantly eastern developers, and we are looking forward to this partnership with Intrepid, exactly because they have a vision that is different from the titles we already have in our portfolio. Their vision appeals to the desires of western MMORPG fans, and we are fully committed to bringing this non-Pay-to-Win vision to the European players. We believe that Ashes of Creation is on its way to become one of the largest MMOs ever to be globally published, and we are excited to be a part of this journey, together with our friends at Intrepid Studios. <3 "
    That it the answer from @VolkerMyCom.
    And idk I just can't trust them but well we will see in the upcoming days.
    And @Steven 's answer "Guys, I expect the Ashes Community to show support for that statement. <3 "

• Options
    Hazard_89 said:
    Kratz said:
    Awesome. I will wait with anticipation
    FYI - a channel is being designated on discord for an impromptu Q&A on this very topic. Steven will be there in 4-5 hours time.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Hazard_89 said:
    Kratz said:
    Awesome. I will wait with anticipation
    FYI - a channel is being designated on discord for an impromptu Q&A on this very topic. Steven will be there in 4-5 hours time.
    Thanks for the update, hopefully someone can record it.
  • Options
    LLAAKKII said:
    akmaa said:

I remember ppl was saying same about Revelation Online, still they managed to bring loot boxes and made another shop(different from the game) on their site(so only way to get items you need, is to pay real money).
    Revelation did not keep 100% control over content selling. Steven isnt going to give any of his.

The man is a very smart buisness man with a real
    passion for this game. He's already proven that many times now. I have no doubt he's not going to leave the EU people dealing with out sources loot deals.

He will have to push for customer support ticketing and translator support staff though
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    Not a lot, at the very least it is enough for any person with a shred of common sense to stay away from my.com, a bad reputation isn't given to a publisher for no reason after all :3
  • Options
    I don’t think this is the end. I don’t want to sound like a complete fan girl but I have faith in Intrepid and this is my.coms first project that they have no creative control over. 
  • Options
    So this is a prospective "publisher" apparently?
    That might not be too terrible; publishers don't have full control of the game (usually), so they can't make it inherently p2w as they don't have access to the code.  And if they did add something like that AND we're region locked AND it's only in their region, then is it really a terrible tragedy?
  • Options
    Revelation did not keep 100% control over content selling. Steven isnt going to give any of his.

passion for this game. He's already proven that many times now. I have no doubt he's not going to leave the EU people dealing with out sources loot deals.

He will have to push for customer support ticketing and translator support staff though
    I dont know how good Steven is, sorry. But i do know how bad my.com and mail.ru is. And no matter what he'll say, my\mail will do opposite way(they'll find a way to make money with less effort. Cuz thats how they work, its their politics). And about content selling, you can visit ru ro site, and watch shop or visit their gaming market where u can buy items cheaper but only for real money or from lootboxes.
  • Options
    LLAAKKII said:

I dont know how good Steven is, sorry. But i do know how bad my.com and mail.ru is. And no matter what he'll say, my\mail will do opposite way(they'll find a way to make money with less effort. Cuz thats how they work, its their politics). And about content selling, you can visit ru ro site, and watch shop or visit their gaming market where u can buy items cheaper but only for real money or from lootboxes.
    You really like to talk about things you do not fully understand. Using definite statements about a business contract that we no nothing about makes your argument seen ridiculous and invalid.  
  • Options
    Spun666 said:
    You really like to talk about things you do not fully understand. Using definite statements about a business contract that we no nothing about makes your argument seen ridiculous and invalid.  
    Maybe, but reputation is a reputation. And we know what reputation my.com has.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This week is getting worse....Already the second big disappointment (the other one is not related to AoC).

Why My.com? They are such a greedy company with no interest in the community. It feels like for them it is all about money.
    They have such a terrible reputation and I got to know them while playing RO.

Weren't there any other 'legitimate' publisher left?

I was so looking forward to the release of AoC with perhaps looking at it with rose-colored glasses. The progress has been incredible so far but now I have huge concerns about the release in the EU.

---

The main issue is that the MMORPG genre is really on the brink of 'dying'. Over the last years it has been abused by certain companies and the players have been lied to many times.
    There was/is so much disappointment among the players and with all the hype that was/is generated with every new title the players/customers are getting more and more sensitive to certain 'red flags'. Also little issues are then blown out of proportion because of those bad experiences. In some cases this is then not fair to the company.

It is becoming very hard to stay objective and as you can read from this comment, I am also not immune to that which leaves me very conflicted and sad at the moment.
     :(