Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When do YOU think the official release will be?

Comments

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mid 2022 at the earliest.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Yep. Have no idea why but my dates on mobile were wonky. Logged in on my pc and it makes way more sense :P still think some of them were trolling just less of them than I originally thought haha
  • Options
    Why did everyone in this thread in 2019 think they could put out two alpha tests, and 2 betas then release in the span of a single year?
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Q3 2022, possibly Q4.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Reglon wrote: »
    Why did everyone in this thread in 2019 think they could put out two alpha tests, and 2 betas then release in the span of a single year?

We were young and foolish

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    Reglon wrote: »

Because in the original plan there was less than a year of time-frame between Alpha 1 and release. The plan was for Beta to be a pretty much release version.
  • Options
    Don't care. When the base promises of the game are actually in the game. Releasing it at a state lower than that will destroy the life of the game in the short and long run. So I'd rather not impose a actual release date on them, but I can see not wanting to wait 5 or more years for it.

I also want the cosmetics to not be rushed either though. I want my bum rags to be the same graphical fidelity as gods blessed armor. So whatever is reasonable to make the cosmetics not blurred.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    AtiqaAtiqa Member
    edited August 2020
    I personally hope they don't give us a release date until they are very close. Would ofc want some idea when, but I rather they just focus on polishing the game than having to think about either "letting players down" if they have to delay it, or release it too early.

EDIT: Oh and I would guess either late 2022 or early 2023
  • Options
    I predict, that it will launch... when it’s ready ❤️

I was scrolling through to find the staff post in the hopes that there would be a tease. But no. Sad. :(
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I predict, that it will launch... when it’s ready ❤️

Not that I expect you to care too much what people think in this regard (releasing it when it is ready is always the best option), but I'm expecting late 2023 or early 2024.

Even back in 2017 I wasn't expecting to see the game before mid 2023 - the additional few months are basically just down to Apoc and the issues you uncovered from it.

I do wonder if you have a target time of the year in mind though - whether it is holiday season, looking at potential competition due out around the same time or something similar - or if you are not at all concerned about what time of year the game releases as long as it is ready.
  • Options
    Given what I have seen since the vanilla forums and given the newer updates and the Dev Round Table discussion videos; I would have to be optimistic and say (E) 2022. This game has a lot going for it and its being nailed out day by day, however with the decision to split from My.games the development will have to be given a finer look to see what worked with the partnership and with did not. For all we know My.Games could of easily butchered some of the concepts rather than helped and so Ashes has to look over specific details they wanted and see if it can either stay or would they have to reimagine the bigger picture for said concepts. I do not expect to see much in 2021 other than potentially the Beta 1/2 Phase testing before perhaps an Open beta to slot Q3 2021 and potentially a Q1/2 Release in 2022.
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't believe some people actually think that the game is coming out in 2020. In reality, I expect it to come out towards late 2022/early 2023. It will be nothing short of a miracle if it comes out before that.
  • Options
    simple answer is.
    When its ready.

Everything will depend on how the Alpha tests go.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    2022 is my guess.

Hopefully end of 2021, but that is really wishful thinking.

Steven and crew will release it when it is ready :smiley:
  • Options
    I would guess 1st Qrt of 2022 but wish for end of 2021
  • Options
    Mid or maybe Late 2022?
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    dphantomtv wrote: »
    Alrighty boys since every topic has been discussed to the bone on here. The long waited question is upon us. How long will the delay be and when will we get our beloved MMO? Well we won't know the answer until the sandal lord himself graces us with the knowledge. But what we can do is take guesses on when it'll be released and refer back to this thread for bragging rights. Without further ado comment below when you think the MMO with release.

A) Before 2020 xD
    B ) 2020 Q2
    C) 2020 Q4
    D) 2021
    E) 2022
    F) Never! Dead before arrival!

Optimistically. Q4 2021. More likely Q2 2022 and if they find issues like they did in Apocalypse. Q4 2022
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • Options
    GrimmLibertyGrimmLiberty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    right now, based on nothing but my previous experiences with all the "failures to/at launch"?
    as a guess?
    Q1 2022
    I don't have any experiences with good games this decade.
    This will likely be my first.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At least 2022, possibly longer. When I backed the game on Kickstarter in 2017, I expected 5-7 years. 5 would be fast but could still be done well; and, 7 years if the project turned out to be far more difficult than expected. Anything more than 10 years and the game would probably be dead on arrival as competitors would have surpassed the systems being used because games are always improving.

• Options
    2022-2023 maybe later. I feel that the developers dream/hope/aim is so high, that they will have a hard time to reach there goal; - like 'Star Citizen'!
  • Options
    The most important thing is it releases when I'm able to take time off to no-life it for a while :)
  • Options
    Q4 2022 -Q3 2023 without a doubt not before then ... and if it is will have been rushed imho
  • Options
    I am optimistic that it'll come out as soon as it's ready - hoping 2021, but maybe 2022

Hopeful it may be sooner, but I'd rather have a polished game
  • Options
    TresTres Member
    November 2022
  • Options
    MaouhMaouh Member
    edited August 2020
    2022 Q4
    This game is like a dream come true mmo.
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    release will be when Intrepid loses their minds and cant code anymore.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll be honest, I think they've got a good shot of getting us the alpha before the year is through, but I'm also willing to say that it could be delayed into 2021 It wouldn't bother me either way. I've got gamer calluses from so many kickstarter delays, its like turbo charging your skin-thickening to ever back a kickstarter and realize how many delays actually impede things.

Right now I think ashes is on the right track again and thats all that matters to me.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    dphantomtv wrote: »
    Alrighty boys since every topic has been discussed to the bone on here. The long waited question is upon us. How long will the delay be and when will we get our beloved MMO? Well we won't know the answer until the sandal lord himself graces us with the knowledge. But what we can do is take guesses on when it'll be released and refer back to this thread for bragging rights. Without further ado comment below when you think the MMO with release.

A) Before 2020 xD
    B ) 2020 Q2
    C) 2020 Q4
    D) 2021
    E) 2022
    F) Never! Dead before arrival!

Considering alpha 2 is 2021... not before 2022
  • Options
    Option E, I can't even predict which Q but I'd guess late 2020 or even early 2023. I want this game to be beautiful and well-done!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫